Print

Author Topic: The Super Jumps in SMRPG  (Read 14129 times)

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #15 on: September 08, 2008, 06:47:34 PM »
I don't believe you can use the GBA as a controller for Virtual Console games. Perhaps you should pay attention.
That was a joke.

« Reply #16 on: September 09, 2008, 04:13:20 AM »
... And yet it sounds like Toad has.  Something's fishy!
Today's actually... nobody's birthday!  Quick, hurry up and make a baby!

« Reply #17 on: September 09, 2008, 11:50:18 AM »
Er.. Kinda. Only if you have no other controller options. The game has a run button and a jump button, and since the controller scheme is similar to that of SMW, I am going to assume it would be extremely awkward to play.
I meant for this specific challenge (doing the Super Jumps).  I've been playing it with the Classic Controller, but Toad said not to use the Classic Controller for this challenge.  I'll try both controllers when I have a chance, but has anyone noticed a difference in timing?  Does one controller give you an advantage?

« Reply #18 on: September 09, 2008, 11:52:12 AM »
I seem to recall trying to use it as my VC controller back before I got a classic controller. It worked with some GC games, so I thought I would try it out.

Well, ok, when I say it worked, you could press buttons and the characters would repsond, but it was pitiful in certain GC games (like Melee: unless your opponent was directly beside you, all you could do was punch them, or taunt)
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

« Reply #19 on: September 10, 2008, 01:47:21 PM »
YES!  I scored 38 consecutive super jumps!  Thanks everyone!  For anyone else trying, he's what I did: I used the Classic Controller and went to Mushroom Way's exit.  I targeted a Spikey on the bottom right of the screen without equipping the Jump Shoes.  Every time I ran out of FP, I just grab the mushroom chest in the previous area (and after that I took a nap at Mario's Pad).  At first, Kimimaru's advice on holding the Y button made me mess up more often, but once I got a pattern it just got better.  Also, when I did it I had the volume off at the time, though I'm not sure if that would really help (the 1Up sound effect may actually help with the timing).  Thanks again!

Not sure yet if I'll go for the 100 super jumps, but I'll probably at least try...

« Reply #20 on: September 11, 2008, 05:41:18 PM »
I don't believe you can use the GBA as a controller for Virtual Console games. Perhaps you should pay attention.

Didn't you see the word Gamecube? The second sentence was describing how Nintendo should let you map out buttons and save them for controllers.
ROM hacking with a slice of life.

« Reply #21 on: September 11, 2008, 05:51:10 PM »
Oh wait! I see where the confusion is! I said a Gameboy Player controller (a controller for use with the Gameboy Player accessory). It's a controller that is shaped like the Snes controller, but is colored black (or purple) and has a 'Z' button on it. I didn't mean that I've used my GBA to play VC games (that would be cool though, if it worked like it did in Animal Crossing..)

The website that I got my controller from is down, so you might try Ebay if you really want one.
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #22 on: September 11, 2008, 07:13:25 PM »
I guess you're referring to the Hori pad, then.

nensondubois: I understood your second sentence. Your first sentence was completely superfluous, which is what I pointed out in my next post.
That was a joke.

Kimimaru

• Max Stats
« Reply #23 on: September 12, 2008, 03:04:44 PM »
I had the volume off at the time, though I'm not sure if that would really help (the 1Up sound effect may actually help with the timing). Not sure yet if I'll go for the 100 super jumps, but I'll probably at least try...

Putting the sound on helped me a lot, so I'd recommend doing that. I also recommend going for 100 early on if you really want an advantage.
The Mario series is the best! It has every genre in video games but RTS'! It also has a plumber who does different roles, a princess, and a lot of odd creatures who don't seem to poop!

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #24 on: September 12, 2008, 06:05:50 PM »
So... wait. You don't normally play with the sound on?
That was a joke.

Kimimaru

• Max Stats
« Reply #25 on: September 12, 2008, 09:04:05 PM »
Sorry; I worded that strangely. I actually play with the sound on. I was accidentally speaking in his view, where he stated that doesn't put the sound on.
The Mario series is the best! It has every genre in video games but RTS'! It also has a plumber who does different roles, a princess, and a lot of odd creatures who don't seem to poop!

« Reply #26 on: September 13, 2008, 03:24:04 AM »
Haha, in this topic Chup gets confused because he is a computer.
Today's actually... nobody's birthday!  Quick, hurry up and make a baby!

« Reply #27 on: September 19, 2008, 04:49:01 AM »
^ Your right!!! It's a conspiracy!!!!

Um...

Getting 100 jumps is near impossible!!!

'Runs'

Kimimaru

• Max Stats
« Reply #28 on: September 19, 2008, 06:54:10 PM »
Not really. It just takes some time, practice, and patience.

« Reply #29 on: September 20, 2008, 10:22:26 PM »
I've tried for a long time and can only get 13 at most.
Gently push a piece of the tube containing the intersection along the fourth dimension, out of the original three dimensional space.
- WIkipedia page on the Klein bottle

Print