Print

Author Topic: Conker's Bad Fur Day ROM for Mac  (Read 22647 times)

« on: August 18, 2009, 07:32:34 PM »
Has anyone been able to play Conker's Bad Fur Day on an iBook G4 or any other pre-Intel Mac? I've downloaded at least four ROMs of the game, and I'm using Mupen64. Each time, the "For Mature Audiences Only" warning and Nintendo logo load fine, but after that I get nothing but random, glitched polygons and garbled noise. The only other N64 emulator that runs on the Mac is Sixtyforce, whose website flat out states that BFD doesn't work on that emulator. I've also tried the ROM in .n64, .v64 and .z64 formats, and none worked on Mupen64.

Trainman

• Bob-Omg
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2009, 03:29:39 AM »
Here's what you do:

Go buy a real N64.
Go buy a real copy of Conker's Bad Fur Day.

Fixed.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2009, 04:39:45 AM by Trainman »
Formerly quite reasonable.

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2009, 08:19:11 AM »
Oh, uh... well, I know we have a rule against promoting ROMs around here, but does that also apply to helping other people with ROMs? I'd figure it would, but...
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2009, 09:15:27 AM »
The rule is specifically asking for or posting them or links to them. Talking about them isn't against the rules.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2009, 03:22:31 PM »
Here's what you do:

Go buy a real N64.
Go buy a real copy of Conker's Bad Fur Day.

Fixed.

I lol'd.

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2009, 04:34:37 PM »
God I love roms so much. I download them for every system. Personally, I don't own any consoles or console games at all; I just play roms. It's far better since you don't pay money and you can save wherever you want. I can't see why anybody would ever pay money to play a game on a console.
every

« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2009, 05:08:43 PM »
Seventh-Gen games are downloadable as ROMs? News to me.
YYur  waYur n beYur you Yur plusYur instYur an Yur Yur whaYur

CrossEyed7

• i can make this whatever i want; you're not my dad
« Reply #7 on: August 19, 2009, 05:28:58 PM »
I don't know about PS3 and 360, but I have heard that several Wii games are reasonably playable on emulators, if you have a pretty great computer.
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

« Reply #8 on: August 19, 2009, 09:08:00 PM »
Well, back in the day I didn't know about ROMs, so I was happy with actually owning the games. Considering emulation isn't perfect for even some SNES games (try playing Stunt Race FX sometime), having the real thing is preferable. Getting N64 ROMs to work right is much harder. To date "World Driver Championship" is still unplayable as a ROM, unless you download some special hack of a graphics plugin for Project64, and even then I heard the framerates are horrible. I tried playing the game anyway and my computer just couldn't take it. Too bad, that was one of my favorite games for the N64, even if it was the longest 40 hours playtime of my life (you start to get tired of the Sydney course after the 10th time through). I'm not even going to try GameCube ROMs, my computer would probably blow up (or catch a virus, whichever comes first).

But ROMs are how I discovered Secret of Mana and Banjo-Kazooie. I later bought Secret of Mana off the Virtual Console because it's much more fun to play with an actual controller. Well, except for the GameCube controller which just seems bulky.
You didn't say wot wot.

« Reply #9 on: August 19, 2009, 09:39:13 PM »
Say, is Secret of Mana any good? I've been thinking about downloading it for VC. Would you recommend it?

« Reply #10 on: August 19, 2009, 10:23:36 PM »
If you like RPG's from the.. mid 90's, go for it. Also, if you have at least one person who also likes to play RPG's. My sister and I have many fond memories of this game.

The item system is a bit odd and can take some getting used to, but other than that, the game is seriously fun.
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #11 on: August 19, 2009, 11:48:41 PM »
And hard and takes a long time to level up and do things and stuff. Also it's realtime.
That was a joke.

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #12 on: August 19, 2009, 11:55:46 PM »
Chupperson, you just described Ys III.

« Reply #13 on: August 19, 2009, 11:57:15 PM »
Also it's realtime.

Yeah, I had gathered that it played in a Zelda-like manner, albeit with leveling up and similar RPG elements. Well, thanks for the input. I'll definitely consider it.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #14 on: August 20, 2009, 12:17:06 AM »
In my experience, Secret of Mana is only slightly less trying than Ys III.
That was a joke.

Print