Print

Author Topic: Make us our new link banner and win a Gmail invite!  (Read 54919 times)

« Reply #75 on: October 18, 2004, 10:05:56 PM »
Ok, I took all of your suggestions, Deezer, and here's what I came up with....

« Reply #76 on: October 19, 2004, 02:49:36 PM »
okay actually upload your image to a host like GeoCitites or Comcast and then get the adress then use the HTML don't try to post them from your computer
Rori Shangrula, Heaven on earth, utopia, is it hidden miles away, or is it tucked behind your shoe closet... You make the call

Suffix

• Steamed
« Reply #77 on: October 19, 2004, 05:40:30 PM »
Great, I should of known that! Okay, here they are.

- Ian "Suffix"

Suffix

• Steamed
« Reply #78 on: October 19, 2004, 05:41:37 PM »
In I2a, there's too much light behind the URL, isn't there? Maybe I should make it a bit grayer.

Edited by - Suffix on 10/19/2004 4:44:38 PM

« Reply #79 on: October 19, 2004, 07:00:55 PM »
I think I just gave my competion the weapon to tear me into little bite size pieces...

Except try saving the pic in a slightly higher definition so it looks better...

Edited by - super-dino-yoshi on 10/19/2004 6:01:49 PM
Rori Shangrula, Heaven on earth, utopia, is it hidden miles away, or is it tucked behind your shoe closet... You make the call

Deezer

• Invincible
« Reply #80 on: October 19, 2004, 07:29:19 PM »
I added some new rules to the first post.

• Use the Foo font for "The Mushroom Kingdom"
  • Save your banner in PNG format.

Edited by - Deezer on 10/19/2004 6:30:17 PM

Suffix

• Steamed
« Reply #81 on: October 19, 2004, 09:40:34 PM »
Sorry, Super-Dino-Yoshi. We're all just making these in the interest for what's best for TMK, though, aren't we? Your striped banner seriously looks great. Don't give up hope yet.

I can't post my banners here as PNG's currently (which is why they look kind of blurry), but like I said before, Megabyte has them as PNG's. There's always email.

On a final note, I need some feedback on my banners.

- Ian "Suffix"

Edited by - Suffix on 10/19/2004 8:42:45 PM

MEGAߥTE

• In flames
« Reply #82 on: October 19, 2004, 10:02:20 PM »
Critiques round 3
HOT TIP #1: Pasting a bunch of random Mario sprites will not make you a winner!
HOT TIP #2: Anti-alias everything except sprites

mariofan 7: Fix the font aliasing and the URL
DrewK #3&#4: The 1-up looks misaligned... does the whitish drop shadow look good behind the text?
Infested_Gnome: Bad text overlap, URL too small, sprites blurry
Super-Dino-Yoshi #10-#20: STOP with the senseless taglines!  You don't need to submit so many color variations, especially when they don't help readability... you should outline the text to make it readable.  Mario needs to be antialiased.
Suffix i1a: White light on the main text is too bright
Suffix i2a: White mist and especially the oval is too bright.. are they even necessary?
Mr. Mime #2 (GMail): Still don't like the IT'S A MARIO line... rest of banner is too dead
Joey (GMail): Bad cropping job on the mushroom, might rearrange the sprites a bit, get rid of the @ sign, and make the text clearer... different colors if necessary
InfinitysEnd #1-6: I like the NES-type font for the URL.  The T platform is a nice idea, but it gets a little lost... what if you styled the font in the same manner as the platform?  Stuff seems a little jammed to the left side.
aD-aX (GMail) #2: I don't know if I like that particular sprite, but I love the text style... maybe add a tagline or something to use up the rest of the space.
KoopaShell: Nope.

My current favorite artists:
aD-aX
Suffix
DrewK
InfinitysEnd

Edited by - MEGAߥTE on 10/19/2004 9:10:08 PM

« Reply #83 on: October 20, 2004, 12:46:52 AM »
Ok, I made two new styles for you guys.  Tell me what you think:

« Reply #84 on: October 20, 2004, 03:09:14 PM »
that second new one is amazing! Also, what about .jpg Its easier for me to just save them like that at a low compression rate. And anti-aliasing text skrews it up I'll anti-alias the mario pic but this tag-line actually does make sense... well sort of...

« Reply #85 on: October 20, 2004, 04:09:50 PM »
hold up... I already anti-aliased this one:

« Reply #86 on: October 20, 2004, 04:35:19 PM »
I made a couple more.

Here's one with the tagline:

And without the tagline.

Suffix

• Steamed
« Reply #87 on: October 20, 2004, 08:47:39 PM »
Getting closer to completion, one tip at a time.

I like the gray haze becuase it attracts attention. I've made it a bit more subtle now, but it's still there.

- Ian "Suffix"

Edited by - Suffix on 10/20/2004 8:02:24 PM

« Reply #88 on: October 23, 2004, 09:04:31 AM »
k I'm running out of ideas...

« Reply #89 on: October 23, 2004, 09:14:30 AM »
This one I stopped working on, I think its pretty trashy, should I try to fix it up or just ditch it?

Print