Print

Author Topic: Origins of...Your Username?  (Read 40044 times)

« on: October 01, 2008, 04:06:17 PM »
What gave you the idea for your Username? Pretty simple.

Okay, well...

Every single Nintendo-made game I've ever heard of/seen, I've liked. There is almost* nothing I hate about Nintendo.

*=Read about my fun, disturbing internet struggles that lasted for months in the Game Help Board!

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2008, 04:09:53 PM »
This is already a thread... somewhere.
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2008, 04:12:01 PM »
I checked on the search menu...

MaxVance

• Vance Vance Revolution
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2008, 04:28:09 PM »
Short answer: I am me.

Long answer: When I got Mario Kart DS, it was going to display my name in-game as "Max Vanc" due to character space. I removed the space so my whole name would fit and later registered here using it.

This is already a thread... somewhere.
I don't think so, but I believe it has been mentioned many times as part of other discussions.

Remember that your first Goomba boldly you walk? When Mario touched that mushroom being brought up more largely remember that you are surprised? Miscalculate your jump that pit remember that it falls?

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2008, 04:29:00 PM »
Well, I distinctly remember explaining my name, along with others, somewhere in this network of tubes. Oh, well.
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2008, 05:36:57 PM »
Once upon a time, I was twelve years old.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

Kojinka

• Bruised
« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2008, 06:01:51 PM »
At the time, I had a crush on James from Pokemon and Link.  One day, I drew a picture of James dressed as Link, so I fused James' Japanese name (Kojiro) and Link's name.  I got Kojink.  I think it was when I first joined a forum, I added an 'a' to the name to make it sound more feminine.  Well, Kojinka has been my main Internet alias since then.
Regards, Uncle Dolan

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #7 on: October 01, 2008, 06:46:43 PM »
I had a friend who kept telling me I was going to be "The Chef" in his movie. It became a running gag between us as it never actually happened. I was strapped for a username at the time and opted to use that particular gag for it.

« Reply #8 on: October 01, 2008, 07:25:47 PM »
I wanted to be SuperMarioFan here, since that is my handle elsewhere, but someone already had it registered at the time. I am not a fan of adding hyphens and the like just to make a user name slightly different, so I thought about the other character I liked.. SuperToadFan just wouldn't have sounded quiet right, so I stuck Toad in. The system said I could have it, so here I am.
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #9 on: October 01, 2008, 07:53:38 PM »
You know that Mario was named after a janitor.  Well, that janitor has a brother.  Said brother is my father.  Thus, Luigison.

Sorry, that's a lie.  A friend of mine on our middle school baseball team was named Luigi.  We had a "Who's on first?" joke.

Actually, http://themushroomkingdom.net/board/index.php?topic=7703.msg376586#msg376586  The search feature on these forums actually works. 
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

MaxVance

• Vance Vance Revolution
« Reply #10 on: October 01, 2008, 09:15:25 PM »
Disclaimer: Most of those merged topics were created before I came here. The last few recieved their last posts in January 2006, which was still when I posted mainly in FG&S (mainly Mario Word Association, which was still in General Mario Chat then) and didn't keep track of about the rest of the forums.

Second disclaimer: Yes, Luigison has owned me.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2008, 09:19:49 PM by MaxVance »
Remember that your first Goomba boldly you walk? When Mario touched that mushroom being brought up more largely remember that you are surprised? Miscalculate your jump that pit remember that it falls?

« Reply #11 on: October 01, 2008, 09:54:54 PM »
I made it up in the spot when I needed a 4 character name to play melee.
Don't use real life to avoid videogames, it is not healthy to escape from problems.

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #12 on: October 02, 2008, 08:55:59 AM »
I once found a turtle in our front yard when it was flooded after a nasty rain storm, so... yeah, that's it.
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

Super Caterina!

• Super Cool
« Reply #13 on: October 02, 2008, 10:35:04 AM »
My real name is Caterina and I am...Super! =D
It's meee, Super Caterina! =D

« Reply #14 on: October 02, 2008, 02:49:08 PM »
I was originally Luigi Simpson because Luigi was my favourite character and the Simpsons was my favourite TV show.

Now, I'm Ultima Shadow, because I wanted to be "Shadow the Hedgehog" but that was taken, hence I decided to add something to it.
If my son could decimate Lego cities with his genitals, I'd be [darn] proud.

Print