Print

Author Topic: Origins of...Your Username?  (Read 39261 times)

MaxVance

• Vance Vance Revolution
« Reply #45 on: October 14, 2008, 05:36:04 PM »
I call TheMushroomKingdom.net.
Remember that your first Goomba boldly you walk? When Mario touched that mushroom being brought up more largely remember that you are surprised? Miscalculate your jump that pit remember that it falls?

BriGuy92

• Luck of the Irish
« Reply #46 on: October 14, 2008, 08:46:55 PM »
Extra super wicked long half-asleep post... Go!

The origin of my name... I'm going to have to think about that.

When I was introduced to the internet, it was 1998, and I was six years old. My dad showed me to Yahoo and prompted me to make an account there. I had previously made an account on some other site (I think it was some kind of educational thing, can't remember for sure, though) under the name BriGuy98. When I made the Yahoo account, I changed it to 92 because the year of one's birth changes a whole lot less frequently than the current year. "Briguy" has always been several family members' nickname for me, but I still can't remember why I chose to capitalize the G.

Since it is my email address, BriGuy92 has sort of stuck. I'm not into that whole "come up with a different nickname for every site you make an account at" thing, because it makes one easier to identify across the intertubes. What bugs me is that on a very few sites, there is another "BriGuy92" who apparently does absolutely nothing (at least according to his Youtube channel and Myspace page) whose goal in life seems to be to force me to use the somewhat harder to type "BriGuy90Two", or in some instances, "BriGuyNinetyTwo".
Know the most important contribution of the organ Fund science girls type. It's true!

Fifth

• Quadruped
« Reply #47 on: October 14, 2008, 09:03:10 PM »
Wow, I don't think I ever heard Luigison mention his name origins before.

Now where's Fifth?

Sorry, I'll vouch to remain silent on this one.  My name's origin is kind of a personal/stupid matter.

You actually came quite close to the "meaning" at one point, though...
But...
...nah...
Go Moon!

Reading

• is FUNdamental
« Reply #48 on: October 15, 2008, 03:53:47 PM »
Changing usernames...oh gosh. At another website I go to, name changes are practically an epedemic. They change 'em for things like holidays, miscellaneous special occasions, or just because they feel like it...and sometimes it's impossible to tell who anyone is. It's to the point where they've added an "Also Known As" section to people's profiles. And no, they can't change their names at will-an admin has to do it. It's improved somewhat since they started cracking down on it, but I still don't like it.

I've changed mine as well (on that site), but only once-and that was a while ago before this epedemic started. I hadn't been planning to stay there for long when I registered, so I picked a different username, "Meister Waluigi". I eventually grew tired of this alias and switched to my "one" username Reading. Reading is a character as well as my username, so I never call myself anything else.

Why must people change their usernames at all? Unless it's a wholehearted change like the one I made, you should stick with the identity you joined with.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2008, 03:55:35 PM by Reading »
We went to see them for the first time in 5 years because they were going away for 3 years.

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #49 on: October 15, 2008, 04:13:41 PM »
That reminds me... what was up with the whole thing where "Forum Games" got changed to three different random things in a week?
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

« Reply #50 on: October 15, 2008, 04:19:14 PM »
Sorry, I'll vouch to remain silent on this one.
So you... plead the Fifth?

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #51 on: October 15, 2008, 04:49:55 PM »
That reminds me... what was up with the whole thing where "Forum Games" got changed to three different random things in a week?

I still refer to FG by Glorb's House of Pain.
every

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #52 on: October 15, 2008, 05:11:43 PM »
So you... plead the Fifth?
That's the same thing I was thinking...
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

Kuromatsu

• 黒松
« Reply #53 on: October 15, 2008, 05:31:01 PM »
I was thinking more or less that Fifth was the fifth person to register on the site or something.

MaxVance

• Vance Vance Revolution
« Reply #54 on: October 15, 2008, 11:25:25 PM »
That was just a joke. I thought it was pretty funny, naming it things like Lizard Dude's Bachelor Pad and Bird Person's Crazy Cage.
Remember that your first Goomba boldly you walk? When Mario touched that mushroom being brought up more largely remember that you are surprised? Miscalculate your jump that pit remember that it falls?

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #55 on: October 16, 2008, 01:17:44 AM »
My favorite is still the original, Eclipsed Moon's Love Shack.
That was a joke.

« Reply #56 on: November 09, 2008, 07:54:16 PM »
My username was formed the same way the American accent was formed; by accident. I'm not really sure at all how both happened.
ROM hacking with a slice of life.

Kimimaru

• Max Stats
« Reply #57 on: November 10, 2008, 04:36:48 PM »
My name came from a Naruto character named "Kimimaro." I changed the "o" to a "u" because I thought it sounded funny.

Strange, huh?
The Mario series is the best! It has every genre in video games but RTS'! It also has a plumber who does different roles, a princess, and a lot of odd creatures who don't seem to poop!

CrossEyed7

• i can make this whatever i want; you're not my dad
« Reply #58 on: November 10, 2008, 05:29:25 PM »
My username was formed the same way the American accent was formed; by accident. I'm not really sure at all how both happened.
Noah Webster named you?
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

« Reply #59 on: November 10, 2008, 08:16:42 PM »
He only introduced O's and z's instead of OU's ans S's.
ROM hacking with a slice of life.

Print