Print

Author Topic: What's the worst videogame you've ever played?  (Read 103721 times)

« Reply #15 on: August 04, 2008, 09:08:53 PM »
Sonic and the Secret Rings.

I know Sonic is a rebel, but does that 'tude have to stem forth into the controls? The levels were too long and tedious. Thus, they didn't compell me like the levels in SA2 (the Racing ones, anyway). I just didn't have fun with the game.

Please don't kill me!
In Soviet Russia, Pokemon chooses you!

Markio

• Normal
« Reply #16 on: August 05, 2008, 09:19:46 AM »
I'd have to say, the game that is life.

But seriously, Sonic the Hedgehog Genesis was ruined because of all the slow-downs.  And the music isn't as good as the original.
"Hello Kitty is cool, but I like Keroppi the best."

« Reply #17 on: August 05, 2008, 11:33:53 AM »
Don't really know, considering that I constantly try to NOT purchase games that get poor reviews. Overall though, I think it would be Donkey Kong 64. Granted, it isn't a REALLY BAD game, but the camera system is so horible that it make it a lot less fun that it could have been. I sincerely hope that the new version rumored to be in development for the Wii will be a lot better. >_>

Speaking of N64 racing games and perhaps I should've mentioned an N64 game in the first place because of my name, let me say this. My father, being a huge fan of Legos, got Lego Racers for the N64. We played it twice...then never touched it again.

While the N64 version of that game was pretty bad, the PC version actually wasn't half bad for a kids game (I played it a lot when I was 10). The main problem was that the car building feature - which was the main draw - was ruined on the N64. Regardless, the PC version is a lot better than a lot of the liscensed crud that we've gotten over the last decade, IMO.
What is a mystery? Just go inside my head, and you'll find out.

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #18 on: August 06, 2008, 09:11:52 AM »
Well, who's to say, but here's some contenders (I think there was a thread like this elsewhere, but no biggie):

-720 (NES)
-Secret of Evermore
-Wii Play
-Mario Kart Wii

Oh, there's more.
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

« Reply #19 on: August 06, 2008, 09:56:17 AM »
Mario Pinball Land:  Way too frustrating to get anything done in that game. 

Sonic and the Secret Rings:  I dislike the controls and the linearity of the game.  I also detest ranking systems, like you get a gold or silver depending on the score or whatever.

Yoshi Topsy Turvy:  The controls feel broken and the screen covers too little, so you never know if you're going to wander into a spiked pit or not.  It also has that awful ranking system.

Mario Party 5:  The worst Mario Party.  Its luck factor is dangerously high, and the mini-games are some of the worst in the series.  And the boards are really bland too.
Victory... is my destiny!

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #20 on: August 06, 2008, 03:08:02 PM »
every

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #21 on: August 06, 2008, 03:31:57 PM »
For a ten-dollar game, Wii Play is pretty good.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #22 on: August 06, 2008, 03:36:06 PM »
For a ten-dollar plastic disc, Wii Play is pretty good.

Fixed.

I will not tolerate opinions contrary to mine.
every

N64 Chick

• one ticked chick
« Reply #23 on: August 06, 2008, 04:15:51 PM »
Mario Party 5:  The worst Mario Party.  Its luck factor is dangerously high, and the mini-games are some of the worst in the series.  And the boards are really bland too.

I thought so too. However, I will admit that there were two things I liked. Card Party and Super Duel Mode.
Fangirling over Luigi since 1999.

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #24 on: August 06, 2008, 07:21:52 PM »
Super Duel mode is that game's saving grace.

Oh, and WarioWare: Touched kind of blew, too, but that was the disappointment factor more than anything else (Nintendo "minigame machine" DS, and they can only come up with 21 microgames for each person?).
« Last Edit: August 06, 2008, 07:23:59 PM by ShadowBrain »

CrossEyed7

• i can make this whatever i want; you're not my dad
« Reply #25 on: August 06, 2008, 07:27:21 PM »
I like the Paper Mario references in MP5.
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #26 on: August 06, 2008, 07:30:35 PM »
When was that, again? Oh, yeah, the Stars...

« Reply #27 on: August 08, 2008, 10:07:46 PM »
Worst game I've ever played, hmm? I'd have to say that just about any movie/show-based game that has basically the same plot as the movie/show(like, would not be counted as a sequel/spinoff of the movie/show) qualifies. But the worst has to be WinX Club for GBA. Why? Because I BEAT IT MULTIPLE TIMES WITHIN THE COURSE OF A MONTH. AND THEN IT GLITCHED SEVERELY(example being activating a save point doing minor damage then relocating Bloom[the playable character] to a normally unreachable location in the current area). Any game that I can beat multiple times within such a short amount of time is too easy, because I don't have that kind of skill normally. And glitches like that?! Trash can plz.
"If they make greeting cards to thank people for helping with evil plans, I owe you one!" ~Dimentio, Super Paper Mario

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #28 on: August 08, 2008, 11:58:36 PM »
I can probably count on one hand the number of current-gen Nintendo games I couldn't beat multiple times in the course of a month--and most of them last-gen ports.

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #29 on: August 09, 2008, 07:14:58 AM »
I could beat Subspace Emissary at least twice in one month and SMG at least three times if I felt like it, but I don't want to exercise the patience it would require.
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

Print