Print

Author Topic: I have a quick question...  (Read 4137 times)

« on: May 26, 2008, 11:16:09 AM »
I just noticed a SMB2 Bomb-Omb symbol in the little console thing above every post. When I moved my mouse cursor over the Bomb, a message box (I'm running Microsoft XP) said "Remove Message". Why is this here? Is it an add-on for the forums?

EDIT- It has disappeared. Why was it there? Was it a mod thing that was accidently given to me for a moment?
« Last Edit: May 26, 2008, 11:17:57 AM by luigalaxy »

« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2008, 11:21:28 AM »
It is (or was) there so that you could delete your post from that thread if you felt  compelled. I've noticted it above a few of my posts too.
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2008, 11:39:14 AM »
Oh. Thanks. Anybody else have an answer?

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2008, 12:04:54 PM »
You mean a purple bomb from SMB2?  http://themushroomkingdom.net/mariopedia/name/Bomb

I believe the board is setup so that you can delete your post/thread as long as no one has replied to it, but as a mod I always see the bomb. 
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2008, 12:12:29 PM »
OK. Luigison? Can you close this board?

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2008, 12:20:56 PM »
I cannot and would not close this board.  I can lock this thread though.  I assume that's what you meant.  I don't see the sense in locking it though.  It kind of annoys me that so many people want threads locked when they have their questions answered.  It'd be just a simple to let the thread die and/or allow others to post similar questions or elaborate on the answer. 

Several functions, such as posting new threads, aren't immediately available to new members.  It makes sense for deleting message to be a privilege so that new members aren't spamming and then deleting posts just to get a high post count or simply because they are immature.  I wish we had some sort of thumbs rating like YouTube comments or Karma like Slashdot.
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2008, 01:38:38 PM »
That would be nice. That was what I mean't closing the thread. How do you close threads?

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2008, 02:08:30 PM »
Heck, I've never seen a Bob-Omb around here before. And why does it matter if a thread is closed? Just stop posting on it. Sheesh...
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

Print