Print

Author Topic: Stupid Americans!!! Am I the only one that noticed....  (Read 7277 times)

« on: June 21, 2000, 04:37:54 PM »
Remember SMB2?  Remember how completley far it was from the setting of it's counterpart games SMB & SMB3?  There is a reason, you know.  If anybody has played SMB DX or Super Mario All-Stars they saw the original SMB2 which was released in Japan (On SMB DX it's Super Mario for Super Players).  But now back to the point, in Japan SMB2 was released.  Meanwhile, in America, Doki-Doki Panic is released, eventhough here, it was called SMB2.  Does anybody know why??? Because that guy Miamoto or whatever the heck his name is, thinks we are inferior and SMB2 (japan version) is to hard for our little american brains.  Well I for one do not like the fact that he deamed all us americans idiots.  And on a personal note, SMB2(j) was only a minor chalenge for me.  Now tell me, does anybody else think that that is rediculous???

!
                   \ /
                    {}

I see all, hear all, and know all. (At least about SMB DX.)
I see all, hear all, and know all. (At least about SMB DX.)(and SM64 )

« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2000, 04:43:06 PM »
I read this in a magzine.  "We thought that it would be too hard for americans"  I read that in a magazine

« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2000, 05:28:15 PM »
This message has been atered to protect my physical health.

-YOSHI :P

Edited by - Yoshi2 on 6/26/00 6:42:46 PM
Woohoo.

« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2000, 06:23:51 PM »
Yes, I knew that.  Everyone does.  It's on this website.  There are name descrepancies between the two games, but I, like many mario fans on the 'net, call the "real" version "Super Mario Bros. 2: The Dream Machine" and the inferior Japanese rehash of the original "Super Mario Bros. 2: The Lost Levels."
Mega 2
Cybernetic Abiogenesis Project

« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2000, 06:29:05 PM »
Any Mario fan worth his mushrooms knows about the SMB 2 Confusion....  Anyway, I agree that The Lost Levels is a more challenging game and it's cool that Luigi was playable and all that, but SMB2: the Dream Machine is a neat little game that is fairly charming in its own right.  It is fun, original, imaginative, and---hey!  Luigi's playable there, too!  Yeah, Americans got dissed, but that was HOW many years ago?  I think Nintendo has a lot more respect for American gamers now, and Japanese companies are rarely stupid enough to not release a game on our shores just because it is difficult.
Thank you for saving us but our princess is in another castle!

« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2000, 07:07:29 PM »
I still think that the americans are getting gyped.  The games just have alot of stuff removed when they make it to american shores.

« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2000, 07:59:48 PM »
The contents of this message have been removed by me. The reason I did this was I realized how far from the truth I have gone in these two posts and do not want an untruth lying on this board, certainly not by me!

Edited by - Yoshi2 on 6/26/00 6:45:42 PM
Woohoo.

« Reply #7 on: June 26, 2000, 03:43:33 PM »
Yeah, we Americans gripe about the SMB2 mix up a lot, but without that 'stolen' game we had thrown at us we never could have met the Shy Guys and Birdo.  Both of these characters made repeat comebacks in other real Nintendo games.
Someone set up us the bomb!

« Reply #8 on: June 26, 2000, 07:42:00 PM »
Hey, whoa! Hinopio, I took it back, Ok? I realized what it added to the Mario universe, and I was merely proving a point. (I guess I got a little sidetracked and swerved off of the point!) So I stand corrected, no harm done, Ok? Good.

Woohoo.

« Reply #9 on: June 27, 2000, 12:34:22 PM »
Of course, I know the whole story about Doki Doki Panic/Super Mario Bros. 2(j). TMK did a good job talking about it. But our SMB2 was released in Japan in 1992 as Super Mario USA. Well, at least I got to D-4 on the Lost Levels...

« Reply #10 on: June 27, 2000, 03:04:02 PM »
It's to bad that you can't get worlds       A,B,C & D on Super Mario for Super Players on SMB DX  :-(

I see all, hear all, and know all. (At least about SMB DX.)
I see all, hear all, and know all. (At least about SMB DX.)(and SM64 )

« Reply #11 on: June 27, 2000, 03:16:53 PM »
everyone should know by now that fairies dont have anything to do with mario!they just changed the characters but that is harmless!lets see...f zero was really an imitation of mario kart!had the same exact amount of characters.(only the classical versoins of these two games.)why is birdo gonna play in mario tennis?

its really matt!
its really matt!

« Reply #12 on: June 27, 2000, 03:20:11 PM »
and miyamoto doesnt know what we americans like!
its really matt!

« Reply #13 on: June 27, 2000, 03:37:13 PM »
Yeah.  Shigeru Miyamoto hasn't got a clue what Americans like, which is precisely why he gave us Mario and Zelda in the first place. ;)
Someone set up us the bomb!

« Reply #14 on: June 27, 2000, 03:52:09 PM »
Donchu be dissin' SMB2us. Any of you! I personally like it a lot better than SMB2j. Is there any other legit Nintendo game that lets you play is the Princess? By the way, I have a page with DDP>SMB2 info (pretty much the same as TMK's info in greater depth and a little more) at http://smb2.cjb.net Some people might find it interesting. I still think that the US should have gotten the "real" SMB2 and Doki Doki Panic, though. Japan got all three games!

DarKnight13
Super Mario Bros. 2 Worship
@
http://smb2.cjb.net

Print