Print

Author Topic: Super Mario Bros. DX Questions  (Read 11378 times)

« Reply #15 on: July 24, 2000, 05:51:21 PM »
Hmm... I guess Fritz chickened-out earlier than I thought he would.

I see all, hear all, and know all. (At least about SMB DX.)
I see all, hear all, and know all. (At least about SMB DX.)(and SM64 )

« Reply #16 on: July 25, 2000, 05:52:53 PM »
If you care for my explanation of the minus world glitch, here it is.
SMB has a engine it uses to process data while you're scrolling through the levels. It processes all of the data on the screen and a little more so things won't just suddenly "appear" near the edge. This processing results in the appearence of enemies, blocks, etc., and also of course reads the data telling the Nintendo about all of these objects too. Well my explanation is that there is a certain point on the top of those blocks that you jump off of over a warp zone that tells the nintendo to set the world numbers over the pipes, show the "Welcome to warp zone!" text, etc. Well the game knows that that certain type of pipe(warp zone pipes) must always take you to a different world. However, when you go through the wall and enter the first pipe that leads to the "minus world", that "switch point" has not been processed yet, thus the game does not know which world to send you to. Thus, if you were to get there successfully, you would be taken to 4-1, but instead there is a blank space where the world number is, taking you to world _-1. So if it was really a "minus world", it would say "World -1-1." Of course, you probably don't get a word I said so never mind me anyway. I'm always trying to find out the real reason for these glitches. (Shrugs)
Woohoo.

« Reply #17 on: July 26, 2000, 10:57:12 AM »
But of course SMB probably uses something different than that "scrolling engine." Well, it seems logical anyway.

Woohoo.
Woohoo.

« Reply #18 on: August 02, 2000, 10:29:41 AM »
Answer me this, MarioMasterDX:

How come I didn't get the picture for aquiring all the Yoshi eggs? I did that thing it says on this site to save your game after you get the last one but that didn't work.

"No way! You beat me... again!! And I just spent my entire savings on these new Koopa Mach 1 Sprint shoes!" - Koopa the Quick (Mario 64)
-----------------------------
"No way! You beat me... again!! And I just spent my entire savings on these new Koopa Mach 1 Sprint shoes!" - Koopa the Quick (Mario 64)

"That''s called cheating. Last I heard, it was against the rules." -Me

CodeHunter64
Leader of the CodeHunters

« Reply #19 on: August 03, 2000, 12:10:39 PM »
I'd be glad to help!  I  know exactly what to do, but first I need to know if you have gotten the high sore and red coin medal (wether they appeared in the album or not).

If you have or haven't (it's better to wait untill you've EARNED all of them), then call 1-800-255-3700, the Nintendo service line.  Once you get through to a person tell them about the glitch and they'll know what to do.  They'll have Fed-Ex come pick it up and send it to them.  They'll fix the glitch and return it as soon as they can.  It is free but there's a catch, you have to go without Mario for a little while.  They say 6-8 weeks but it only took one and a half with me, yes that's right i'm speaking from experience.  NEXT TIME you EARN a medal go to the original mode and save in any world, then you turn off your GameBoy.  THEN you can go look in your album.  And in case you are wondering if  there's anything you can do to fix the glitch, there is no other way.  Once it never appears you have to get it repaired, but trust me it's worth it.
    If you need anything else... just ask.

« Reply #20 on: August 03, 2000, 12:30:42 PM »
You have to turn it off? Crap. It didn't say that. That must be what I'm doing wrong...

-----------------------------

"That''s called cheating. Last I heard, it was against the rules." -Me

CodeHunter64
Leader of the CodeHunters

Deezer

• Invincible
« Reply #21 on: August 06, 2000, 11:45:01 PM »
MarioMasterDX: What exactly is the deal with this bug? Is the way I explained it on http://www.classicgaming.com/tmk/smbdx_bugs.shtml correct (except that I don't mention turning off the GBC...)?
Or, will the glitch also appear if you get all the Yoshi Eggs before you get all of the Red Coins and Score awards?

(I don't have SMBDX... yet. :)

« Reply #22 on: September 25, 2000, 05:44:37 PM »
Deezer, first of all, my sincere apologies, my modem has been down for a long time but I'm finally back on As for your question, according to Nintendo of America, right after you achived the requirements to get the picture you have to play a regular game, save it, and turn the GB off.  Although I wasn't able to try this myself, NoA promptly FedExed my SMB DX. cartrige to them and repaired it.  That's right, and they gave me back MY cartrige, they shipped it fixed it and sent it back all free of charge. Now that's service!  But back to the question, your explanation is pretty accurate, maybe slight modifications are in order. And just so you know, the Yoshi egg isn't the only medal that may not show up. On mine I was missing the Toad award, and all three chalenge pics. If you have any other questions please feel free to ask.

Edited by - MarioMasterDX on 9/25/00 4:53:20 PM

« Reply #23 on: September 26, 2000, 04:20:35 PM »
That bug happened to me too. Thanks for the info (even though it was for someone else).

« Reply #24 on: September 26, 2000, 05:43:10 PM »
Um can you help me i beat red boo and he turned blackbut my friends say it's dark blue
which is right?

« Reply #25 on: September 26, 2000, 06:33:31 PM »
The boo is black, if it does look dark blue don't worry about it, there's no such thing as earning a "dark blue boo".

« Reply #26 on: September 30, 2000, 05:40:59 AM »
It seams like I can't get a single highscore medal what should I do??!

« Reply #27 on: September 30, 2000, 08:30:00 PM »
Well, there's not any easy way to 'cheat' and get them if that's what your asking me.  Practice makes perfect.  When I first started playing SMB DX. I had the exact same problem as you, I could hardly get any high score medals.  But look at me now, I have every single last one.  The best thing to do is practice with the easy high score levels first, for me that would be all the Bowser levels (i.e.  1-4, 2-4, 3-4, ect.).  For me speed worked on many levels, try running through the levels, only getting the enemies directly in your path.  Try NOT to stop as much as posible, just a quick stop for those high-points mushrooms and fire-flowers (coin boxes work too!).  And last but not least try reaching the flagpole at the top (duh) and doing so when the last digit of the time-remaining meter is at 6 (i.e. 126 sec. left 056 sec. left, ect.). In case you didn't already know, that'll get you 6 fireworks at 500 pts. a piece. Well I gues that's about the best I can give you on that subject, and remember, it (the points) all adds up!

« Reply #28 on: October 10, 2000, 08:14:24 PM »
Has ANYBODY seen Fritz300?  If you do tell him I'm STILL looking for him.  And Fritz, if you're reading this... you know we have a score to settle.

« Reply #29 on: October 15, 2000, 12:44:34 PM »
you think youre all that well mr super mario dx ive got every thing on super mario dx bahahaha

marios butt
marios butt

Print