Print

Author Topic: Mario news round-up from today's Nintendo Direct  (Read 6025 times)

Deezer

• Invincible
« on: March 03, 2016, 10:52:35 PM »
Here's a quick recap of the Mario news from today's Nintendo Direct.

* Paper Mario: Color Splash was announced for Wii U, and is planned for release sometime this year.

* On March 9, Super Mario Maker will receive an update that adds new course elements: Skewers (first seen in Super Mario World), Keys, Key Doors, and Pink Coins (collect all five Pink Coins to make a Key appear). Also, a Super Expert mode will be added to the 100 Mario Challenge.

* Mini Mario & Friends: amiibo Challenge is coming to North America for Wii U and 3DS. It will be free to download, but you'll need a compatible amiibo to play. Early access begins March 25 (amiibos from participating retailers will include download codes), which is just over one month before it hits the Nintendo eShop on April 28.

* The Wii U version of Mario & Sonic at the Rio 2016 Olympic Games is set for release on June 24.

* Super NES Virtual Console on 3DS starts today, but only for the New Nintendo 3DS models. Super Mario World, Pilotwings, and F-Zero are now available on the eShop. The next wave hits on March 24, with Super Mario Kart, Donkey Kong Country, and EarthBound. April 14 will see the release of Donkey Kong Country 2: Diddy's Kong Quest, Super Metroid, and The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past.

Links:
Nintendo Direct 3.3.2016 video (NOA)
NOA news
« Last Edit: March 03, 2016, 11:11:27 PM by Deezer »

« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2016, 11:23:10 PM »
I guess I'll just download Super Nes games on my Wii. Or better yet play them on my actual Snes.
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2016, 11:36:23 PM »
Wonder how many runs through Super Expert it'll take to unlock all its costumes.
YYur  waYur n beYur you Yur plusYur instYur an Yur Yur whaYur

Print