Print

Author Topic: Super Mario Future  (Read 3581 times)

Kojinka

• Bruised
« on: April 22, 2007, 10:47:16 AM »
All fanfics need to start with a disclaimer: I do not own the Mario series.  I own Tashio, Louisa, and the Shroom Sword, though

First off, let's see how Mario's been doing.

The Mushroom Kingdom's hero, still in his trademark hat, (which has become a little ragged over the years) overalls, and mustache, was walking along the corridors of Peach's castle, when Toadsworth, who now looks like a mushroom version of a medieval wizard, hobbles toward the plumber on his knobby cane.

"King Mario," the old toad said.

AN: What, did I say plumber? I wanted to say king, but decided that Toadsworth should announce that to you good readers. I should probably also mention that Mario's hat now has the image of a crown sewn above the 'M'.

"The prince has found an amazing discovery under the moat's bridge! He's waiting in the throne room with the queen."

AN: Yes, the moat hasn't been refilled since Super Mario 64 (which I do own a copy of).

"Mama-Mia!" Mario exclaimed. He rushed toward the throne room, but he realized that he can't leave old Toadsworth behind. Well he could, but he didn't have the heart. He was also anxious to know what his son found. The suspense was eating him, so...

"Your Majesty," squealed the toad as he was hoisted onto Mario's shoulder. "What in mushroom blazes-"
"You wanna get there quickly or not?" the overexcited king asked.

Mario, ran through the corridors, while holding on to the little mushroom man, when a young kid wearing a blue hat with a 'P' inscribed above the bill jumped in front of the king with FLUDD on strapped around his waist. Mario screeched to a halt.  Toadsworth almost flings off.  The old mushroom adviser held his head, which had stars circulating it, with one small arm, and he groaned, "Why haven't I retired yet?"

"Dad!" exclaimed the boy. "Toadsworth!  You gotta see what I found!  Mom's waiting anxiously in the throne room. And you know how she is when she gets impatient."
"Yes, Prince Pistachio," said Toadsworth.  "Your father and I are on our way."

"Why are you wearing FLUDD, Tashio?" asked Mario.
"I thought we could play FLUDD tag afterwards," the prince replied.
"I think that can be arranged," said Mario patting Tashio's head.

In the throne room,

"Well," Tashio announced upon clearing his throat, "I found this," he held out a sword with a red mushroom on its hilt, "in a hole blasted underneath the moat's bridge."  The sword shimmered brightly, reflecting the light from the room.
"Be careful with that thing, son," gasped Peach.

Toadsworth jumped with excitement almost knocking his glasses off.  "My goodness, boy, could it be? Prince Pistachio, will you allow me to examine that blade?"
"Sure thing, Toadsworth."  Tashio laid the sword in front of the old Toad.

Mario sat dumbstruck and speechless, his mouth gapped open.

"The myths are indeed true!" Toadsworth suddenly shouted.  "This is the most amazing, fantastic, fantabulous, outstanding-"
"GET ON WITH IT!" the royal family yelled simultaneously.
"Yes, sorry, my excitement got the best of me. This is the legendary Shroom Sword. It has been said to have the power to repel all evil that enters the Mushroom Kingdom."
"Wait a moment, Toadsworth," said Mario.  "There was blade hidden within the Mushroom Kingdom that Luigi and I could have used to defeat Bowser once and for all, and you never told me about it?"
"Well, I didn't believe it actually existed," said Toadsworth.  "There no point in sending you on a wild goose chase when Peach needed to be rescued."  Toadsworth handed the sword back to Tashio.  "Keep the sword safe, young prince, you may follow in you father's and uncle's footsteps as a hero of the Mushroom Kingdom.
"But Toadsworth," said Tashio, "where am I going to learn sword play?"
"Don't worry about that, son," said Mario.  "Your mother and I know a very talented swordsman in another land."

"You mean," asked Peach, "The Hero of Time?"
"Yup,"

Peach sighed and fainted.  Her husband caught her in his arms.  Mario and Toadsworth rolled their eyes.
"My word," Toadsworth sighed, "Women always do that at the mention of Link."

Peach finally regained consciousness.  Her head rested on Mario's lap.  "Mario? I'm sorry, I couldn't control myself."
"Peach, Peach," Mario smiled.  "Don't worry about it. I've yet to see a girl who could control herself from the mention of him."
"Who?" Peach squeaked.
"That'll do, my queen," said Mario stroking Peach’s golden locks.  "That'll do."

The Mario/Peach fans awed.

Well, there you had a look at Mario, Peach, and Toadsworth's future. Next time, we shall take a look at Luigi's.

I took out some of the randomness that was in my fanfiction.net version.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2007, 05:19:39 PM by Kojinka »
Regards, Uncle Dolan

« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2007, 11:07:39 AM »
Huh... nice... this could become a great story! I'de like to see where Luigi's ended up. XD... But I have a question... how many years in the future is this?
Wheee...

Kojinka

• Bruised
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2007, 11:41:34 AM »
Umm... I'm gonna say at least 10-13 years in the future.  I'm just gonna warn you, there's not much continuity between the chapters.  This fanfic focuses more on the humorous aspects of the Mario gang's future.

Chapter 2: The pool party (Luigi's future)

In Daisy's castle,
"Daisy!  Daisy!" Luigi, still mustached, clad in green, and his hat, like his brother's, had a crown sewn above the 'L', ran to the castle's entertainment room where Daisy and a little brown-haired girl in orange overalls were watching a re-run of Bowzilla.  The T.V. showed Giga Bowser smashing Mushroom City, and a Toad screaming, "AAAGGHH!  It's Bowzilla!"  Luigi entered the T.V. room panting a little bit. "Daisy, Louisa."

"What is it, Dad?" asked the little girl named Louisa.
"Parakarry delivered this," Luigi held out a red envelope with a golden mushroom seal and pink parchment. "From Mario and Peach."

The pink letter read:

Dear Luigi, Daisy, and Louisa,

Our new pool is finally complete, and to celebrate, we will be throwing a swim party on the 5 th of this month. You and many of our friends are invited, so bring plenty of sunscreen, and Louisa may bring as many of her pool toys.

Sincerely,

Mario, Peach, and Pistachio

"Yay!" Louisa jeered.  "We're going swimming tomorrow!"

The Next day at the pool party, Luigi in green swim trousers, Daisy in a yellow polka dot bikini (Yes, I am aware of that song.), and Louisa in an orange one-piece swimsuit entered the new pool in the Mushroom Kingdom royal courtyard. At one end of the pool court, was a snack table with a freezer for ice cream and a cooler full of an assortment of soda pop. They were the second group of guests to arrive. Those present so far were Mario, Peach, Tashio, and a blue Yoshi, who happened to be the son of the Yoshi from Super Mario World. Where is that green Yoshi now? We'll discuss that in a later chapter.

"Hey, Tashio!"  Louisa and Tashio ran toward each other to embrace in a hug.

"Come on," Tashio beckoned his relatives.  "The water's great!"

"Well, Luigi?" Daisy smiled to her husband.
"Okey dokey," said Luigi. "I'll join you three after I speak with Mario."  Luigi walked up to his brother, who was sitting in a reclined beach chair drinking a 1 up (1).  The shorter brother was wearing red swim trousers (what’s with these royals and their trademark colors?) and his Isle Delfino sunglasses.  Luigi sat on the side of a reclined beach chair next to Mario. "So, bro, aren't you getting in?" asked the taller brother.
"Peach won't let me in for about an hour," replied Mario.
"But I've seen you swim after eating many times, and I've never seen you get a cramp," said the blue Yoshi. (Yes, the Yoshi species have learned to speak in the human tongue)
"I know, I tried to reassure Peach, but she doesn't wanna take any chances."

A young playful voice was heard shrieking, "HEADS UP!"  Yoshi and the brothers were suddenly sprayed with water.  They turned to see Tashio and Louisa with FLUDDs.  "Sorry," said Tashio. "Louisa and I were just playing FLUDD tag."
"No problem, kids," a somewhat shivering Luigi smiled.  "After all, what's a pool party when one doesn't get wet?"

"Hmm," pondered Tashio with a playfully dark expression in his blue eyes.  "Louisa, are you thinking what I'm thinking?"
"That we should squirt Toadsworth and liven this party up?  Oh, yeah!" said Louisa also with a playfully dark expression in her blue eyes.

An hour later and a few yabber-blabbers from a drenched Toadsworth, many more were at the party now including the Wario Brothers, Donkey Kong, and Goombella.

"Unhand the princess, you reptilian fiend!" Tashio shouted, playing 'save the princess' with his dad.
"Bwahahaaa!" laughed Mario, who played the role of Bowser.  "Brave words, boy!"

"That was the most pathetic imitation I've ever heard, royal plumb scum!" rumbled a deep, gruff voice. Rising from the bushes was the aforementioned reptilian fiend, Bowser.  "A pool party, and you didn't even invite me!"
"We didn't think you liked pure water, Bowser," said Mario.
"Besides," added Luigi, "aren't you supposed to be in therapy?"
"No!" snapped Bowser.  "I've been shut in my castle plotting my revenge, and now, heh, heh, heh!"  A beep was heard.  The overgrown lizard looked at his wris****ch.  "Grrr!  You got lucky this time!  But I'll be back!"  Bowser jumped in his Koopa Clown car and flew off.

(1) 1 up is a Mushroom Kingdom version of 7 up.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2007, 05:42:13 PM by Kojinka »
Regards, Uncle Dolan

« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2007, 11:58:31 AM »
“Besides,” added Luigi, “aren’t you supposed to be in therapy?”

Hahaha! That's some funny stuff... Meh... Bowser deserves it... But for some reason I was expecting Bowser to turn good... O.o
Wheee...

Kojinka

• Bruised
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2007, 07:19:41 PM »
Chapter 3: Bowser's Issues Unveiled

It was dark and gloomy as usual at Bowser's castle.

"King Dad!" yelled a teenage Koopaling walking down the dark halls that are standard in any villain castle.   He found his dad sitting on his throne watching a small T.V. set.  An old Koopa on the T.V. says, "WHAT... is the airspeed velocity of an unladen paratroopa?"

"King Dad!" growled the Koopaling entering the room.  "Don't you have someplace to go?"
"Not now, Iggy!" sneered the Koopa King.  "Can't you see I'm watching The Holy Shroom (1)?"
"You can watch that movie when you get back from Dr. Mentoad's office!"
"No!" cried Bowser.  "I don't wanna go!  You can't make me!  I'm your father!"
"I can't," said Iggy, "but these two guys..."  Two mustached men with pointed ears and piercing eyes entered.  One in yellow was short and round as a ball, and the one in purple was tall and skinny as a twig.  "...aren't related to us, and they have bob-ombs."

The two men struck a pose.  Dramatic music played

"To protect the world from imitations!" said the short one.
"To unite the thieves of many nations!" said the tall one.
"To denounce the goodness of little plumbers!"
"So we can have a handful of extended summers!"
"Wario!"
"Waluigi!"
"The Wario Brothers, thieving for a better tomorrow!"
"Surrender your gold, or you will be filled with sorrow!"

Bowser and Iggy were on the floor, snoring loudly.  Anime bubbles expanded from their nostrils.

"You ingrates!" the Wario brothers yelled, towering above the Koopas in a flaming anime wrath.  "We spent hours writing that motto!"
"Now get your scaly butt to the Koopa clown car!" shouted Waluigi.

At Dr. Mentoad's office,

"Mr. Bowser Koopa," said a female Toad nurse holding a clipboard.
The Koopa king reluctantly rose out of his chair in the waiting room, mumbling in his thoughts, "That's King Bowser Koopa!"  But instead of causing an uproar, he obediently followed the little female mushroom.  He was led into a room with a middle-aged toad with orange spots on his mushroom cap.  The toad sat on a chair next to a desk and Bowser sat in a reclined cushioned chair next to the toad.

"Now, Bowser," said the toad, "let's continue from our last appointment.  Now, you said that your father was very abusive toward you. Is there a reason?"
"Well," said Bowser.

:flashback:

A young Bowser was running through the castle dressed in drag throwing paint and candy everywhere.  "I'm a Barbie girl, in a Barbie world!"  A furious Morton Koopa Sr. stomped toward the future Koopa king.  "BOWSER!" he roared.  "What in blazing (curse) are you doing now!?"  Morton lifted Bowser by the tail, ripped the Koopa prince's shell and drag clothes off and slapped the struggling Koopa's bare bottom.  The young Bowser was thrown down on the hard stone floor.  He held his tears back by delivering a death glare to his dad.  "Now put your shell back on, burn those clothes, and clean this place up!"

:end flashback:

"I see," the Toad nodded. "Is there anything else you want to tell me?"
"Well,"

:flashback:

"I have to get back to the hideout before Wario eats everything from the fridge again," said Waluigi.
"Okay," said Bowser.  "See ya later."  When Waluigi opened the door, Bowser suddenly blurts, "I love you."
"What?" Waluigi blinked a couple times out of confusion.  He shook it off. "You're weird," he walked out the door.

Bowser banged his head on a column shaking the whole castle muttering how stupid he acted.

:end flashback:

"Uhh," Bowser uttered, "Doctor, can we change the subject?"
"I understand, Bowser," said the Toad.  "What else would you like to talk about?"
"I don't know!" the Koopa King cried.  "I don't even understand why my eldest son, Ludwig, signed me up for these appointments!"  Bowser's rage was rising. 
The doctor knew that this was a good time to end the appointment.  "...Yes, well... ahem!  I got more patients.  Why don't we continue this next month?"
"..."
« Last Edit: July 12, 2007, 06:06:08 PM by Kojinka »
Regards, Uncle Dolan

« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2007, 04:51:19 AM »
Hahahahahahaha! This is funny stuff! Seriously, though!

The girls STILL love Link.
Bowser needs therapy.
Peach won't let Mario into the pool for another hour.
The play on Jessie and James with Wario and Waluigi: Sheer Genius.

Keep up the good work!
"I don't know why they're called boyshorts! Boys don't wear shorts that short!" - Mitchie

« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2007, 06:40:16 AM »
When Waluigi opened the door, Bowser suddenly blurts, “I love you.”

HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! Ahh... poor Bowser... *holding back laughs* But... I mean, WALUIGI? XD!!!
Wheee...

Kojinka

• Bruised
« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2007, 06:54:23 AM »
I might not be able to update for the rest of the week.  I have too much school work, and the fourth chapter, in its current state, is just plain awful.  Because the chapter will focus on Yoshi, I really need to fix it.  I feel really bad for having a dumb chapter for the character that got me into the Mario games.  In its current state, it relies too heavily on pointless crossovers.
Regards, Uncle Dolan

« Reply #8 on: April 24, 2007, 06:30:15 AM »
I see... well, good luck on that.
Wheee...

Print