Print

Author Topic: Do you snore or talk in your sleep?  (Read 14880 times)

Kojinka

• Bruised
« on: September 22, 2006, 08:40:55 PM »
As far as I know, I don't snore, but one day, in Psychology, we spent the period getting a load off ourselves and going into our innerselves.  I didn't fall fast asleep, but I was muttering things.  What about you?
Regards, Uncle Dolan

Koopaslaya

• Kansas
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2006, 08:51:37 PM »
No, I do not: Hoever, I have a great story about somebody who does. My one friend who's house I was sleeping over a while ago does talk in his sleep.

He was yelling at something... I will never forget what he said: "C'mon I forgot to turn it off! STOP RAINING! GOSH DIDNT IT STOP RAIINING? I've got to turn you off!"
Εὐθύνατε τὴν ὁδὸν Κυρίου

SolidShroom

• Poop Man
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2006, 08:54:34 PM »
I don't either, but my step-cousin does badly.
He swears in his sleep. For example, he stayed at my house once, and we were sleeping on the couches in the living room, when he started saying things like "I want a <explicitive>
square pizza! I'm hungry". Of course I woke him up from laughter, and we ate cereal and went to sleep.

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2006, 08:59:00 PM »
No, but I have sleep apnea with sleep paralysis and night terrors. 

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sleep_apnea

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sleep_paralysis

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Night_terror

The first time I remember having it was as a teenager.  I dreamed my cat was holding me down.  It may sound funny, but it was very scary.  A couple of other notable episodes were in college.  After watching Scream I woke up paralysised and envisioned the outline of the white mask (bathroom door hinge) and black robe (shadow) at the foot of my bed.  I scared my wife when I was trying to scream.  Another time in the same dorm I saw moving lights in the next room and imagined someone had broke in and had flash lights.  I was finally able to scream out, "Go away!".  It's very scary because you are consious enough to see around you, dreaming enough to see scary things that aren't there, and can't move to get away from them.  I believe sleep apnea is the cause of many peoples supposed visions of the personification of death, demons, aliens, etc.  My Grandpaw thought an angel/demon was at the foot of his bed once.  He cried when he told of it.  Sleep apnea is the very definition of terror.
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2006, 09:12:11 PM »
For me, night terrors don't occur very often (maybe... once every 2-3 years). This is probably because I have a pistol under my bed, so I get a feeling of security. But I normally have trouble falling asleep. But when I do fall asleep, it's usually 1 AM and I only get to sleep for 6 hours (I normally wake up at 7 AM).
"MY FAVORITE PART WAS WHEN RICK ASTLEY SAID HE'D NEVER LET ME DOWN" - Cosbydaf

« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2006, 10:52:02 PM »
I talk in my sleep, but I have something similar to tell. (Luigison's story reminded me of this)

It was when I was about 13 (I don't exactly remember) but I think I was sleeping over at my grandmother's house. It was hard to tell if I was awake or asleep, but all I can remember is that I couldn't speak or move well at all. I managed to turn my neck and say "Hannah," in an attempt to get my sister to help me out. But it didn't work. All I could see was this bright light, my body laid out on a table of sorts. People were all around me saying, "He ain't coming out of this. Bring in the next one." Then this voice began to speak to me, telling me to wake up. I was being tossed all over the place in my "dream" by a tall man with a beard. I woke up...........and I was laying on the sofa table. My dad had grasped my hand saying, "It's okay. It was just a dream." The strange thing is, I felt as if I had some control over my body in the dream. Spooky.
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2006, 11:06:56 PM »
I have been accused of snoring quite a few times.

A few examples:

We were staying the night at my father's childhood friend's house in Pennsylvania one day, and my brother and his ex-girlfriend were sleeping on the floor with a sleeping bag while I slept on the couch. I couldn't sleep at first because every few seconds they were pecking each other on the cheeks. Finally, I slept, and that morning, my brother's ex complained to me that she couldn't sleep because I was snoring. I said it was hard for me to sleep with their constant pecking sounds at first. :P

Last year I took Marine Studies class. The class wasn't boring, it's just the fact that school starts so dang early in the morning that I don't get much sleep, and doze off in a few of my classes. Sometimes the teachers don't care at all (this is the case for my Marine Studies teacher). When class ends, a few people tell me that I snore quite loudly, but the teacher was completely oblivious to it (or maybe he did know, but was just being really polite about it).

I've actually been aware of my snoring WHILE I'm sleeping myself. As I'm dreaming, I can hear this quite loud, nasally breathing sound, and when I hear it, I usually think "OMG I'm sleeping" and wake up immediately.

As for talking in my sleep, I can't remember that happening much, but I have recalled a time when my mother was calling me while I was still dreaming....

"Mike, wake up!"
"huh?"
"Wake up!"
"But, Family Guy!"
"What about Family Guy?"
"*I'm finally awake by this point* Uhhhhhh.....nothing."
"Be yourself. Everyone else is taken."

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #7 on: September 23, 2006, 01:00:55 AM »
I have never experienced any of the three awful things Luigison mentioned. I don't think I talk in my sleep, and no one has told me I have... but I've been told over and over that I snore by my sister. My parents tell me it isn't the loud type you hear in cartoons, but the sort-of quiet one you get when your mouth is closed.

I sleepwalked a lot when I was in second grade. Don't know why it was just that year... especially since that was when my bed was up on a platform with a ladder. Puzzling. Once, I somehow fell backwards (on my head), didn't wak up, and reportedly walked in my parents' room and just sat there crying. I wasn't awake... weird. After that my dad welded a bar behind my head. Sleepwalking sure would be awesome if you accomplished things doing it. I was watching CourtTv one time ago and a man was convicted of stabbing his wife several times. He did, but he was asleep. They said sleepwalking is caused when you have a heaviness on your conscience of something you need to do or finish. What, was "Stab wife seventeen times" next on his to-do list? Anyway, the authorities let him off.

While on the topic of sleeping habits and phenomena, I frequently make one sudden movement after the first few minutes of a dream. You know, when you're just barely having the dream and are just barely clinging to the fact "I'm going to sleep." something in the part-dream will cause Dream Bird Person to move, and Sleeping Bird Person will move an arm or leg and suddenly snap back into reality. So strange. Oh, and  I sometimes experience the "falling endlessly" sensation when just laying there. I actually like it, but it only happens when I moved a lot and very quickly during the day (for example, when I went to Magic Mountain I felt this way). If I swam a lot that day, I'll feel like I'm floating which is rather nice, too. And if I posted a long post that day, I'll feel like my fingers are moving all around.

Edit: DANG this post is long! Oh well, there's nothing I want to remove from it...
« Last Edit: September 23, 2006, 01:06:20 AM by Bird Person »
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #8 on: September 23, 2006, 07:20:59 AM »
My mother tells me I have talked in my sleep before, but she said it was hard to understand and that people do it all the time, aside from that, I have a few interesting slepp-related stories to tell...

-My grandfather used to sleepwalk when he was young. This almost cost him his life. One night, his sister heard a noise and got of bed. She went down the hall and found my grandfather about to walk out the window (this was on a higher floor of a building). If she hadn't woke him up, I wouldn't be here posting this.

-When I was lad of about 2-3, I had this Fisher Price brand toy camera. It was blue with a red strap and a black n' yellow lens. The back had two eyeholes to look through. Well, one night, I dreamed that I was upstairs in my house on the top floor, all the lights were off except the kitchen light and stairway light. I was standing in the darked living room looking the hall into the lit kitchen (keep in mind that since I was so young, the place appeared very large) and in the middle of the floor, I saw a thing that looked like that toy camera, except it had a face, an evil-looking face. In my right hand was a bag with the same color scheme as the camera-beast, but I wasn't sure what I had it for (maybe it was a camera bag. I didn't have one in real life). Then I heard a deep growl that echoed through the house, and I ran like hell down the stairs, tripped, and landed curled up in a fetal position up against the wall. Right after this, I woke up form the dream, but I was curled up in a fetal position up against the headboard of my mother's bed (yes, that's where I slept, the chicken liver that I was). Whaddaya think of that?

-When I was in second grade, I came down with a case of both Pinkeye and Tonsylitis (sp? That's what the doctor said it was), and this was coupled with my horrific allergies around springtime (they aren't as bad now). I had such a bad headache, I think I started hallucinating. My mother came in the room and I thought I was dreaming, as I saw a SM64 cannon next to me and I felt the bed vibrating (and it's not a vibrating bed). Then I staring talking some nonsense but my mother managed to wake me up. I said I was sleeping but she told me my eyes were wide open. Is that possible?

-Just last night, I had this really freaky dream where I...... had an affair with Peach. I assure you, I am not lying or joking about this one. I ran into Peach in my own neighborhood and I kissed her, on the lips no less, in a in kind of passionate way. Then she let me do spome other stuff that would be inappropriate to describe on this forum. The freaky thing is, it felt real, very real. I must be lovesick, and really need a girlfriend. I mean, I've had some dreams about girls I liked before, but never anything like this. 0_o

I also have a feeling that some of you may not believe the things I've listed in this post. But I assure you, these things are 100% fact. They really happened. No lies, as I am not one to lie.

MaxVance

• Vance Vance Revolution
« Reply #9 on: September 23, 2006, 08:54:39 AM »
Apparently I do snore a lot too. I also have slept through many storms, one so bad that it blew a large tree in our back yard down. The tree fell over and destroyed most of a metal shed. It had woken my parents up, but I never oticed it until the next morning.
Remember that your first Goomba boldly you walk? When Mario touched that mushroom being brought up more largely remember that you are surprised? Miscalculate your jump that pit remember that it falls?

« Reply #10 on: September 23, 2006, 09:17:24 AM »
No I neither snore nor mutter in my sleep. However sometimes I've woken up with a bug in my mouth, which is pretty disgusting.
As a game that requires six friends, an HDTV, and skill, I can see why the majority of TMK is going to hate on it hard.

« Reply #11 on: September 23, 2006, 09:22:45 AM »
I don't snore. But I have sleepwalked and talked in my sleep.

When I talk in my sleep, it's usually if I'm in a room where no one else is asleep. When I start sleep-talking, they wake me after I say what I have to say and laugh at me (and tell my friends, horrid little girls)

I have sleepwalked before. Our home is very dark at night and they say you can see when you're sleepwalking. It was dark, and I ran into a door. My mom came and tried to wake me up, but I had fallen asleep after falling down.
"I don't know why they're called boyshorts! Boys don't wear shorts that short!" - Mitchie

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #12 on: September 23, 2006, 10:07:21 AM »
* Luigison has a new sig.
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

« Reply #13 on: September 23, 2006, 10:34:24 AM »
Is it a famous quote now or something?
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

« Reply #14 on: September 23, 2006, 11:18:49 AM »
Famous quote = GET THIS IGNORANCE OUT OF MY SUB-FORUM

Just last night, I had this really freaky dream where I...... had an affair with Peach. I assure you, I am not lying or joking about this one. I ran into Peach in my own neighborhood and I kissed her, on the lips no less, in a in kind of passionate way. Then she let me do spome other stuff that would be inappropriate to describe on this forum. The freaky thing is, it felt real, very real.

LOL
After looking at some of coolkid's posts, I have come to the conclusion that he would probably vomit after reading that post.
Anyways, I remember one time when I was four. I was in my bed, and I started seeing this weird, multicolor helicopter made of K'Nex just floating around in my room. It was neon blue, green and pink, with some yellow mixed in. I got out of my bed, and I still saw it. I was freakin' right next to it. I got really scared, and jumped into my bed. I still have no idea what it was or what it could've been.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2006, 01:49:41 PM by cantthinkofaname »
"MY FAVORITE PART WAS WHEN RICK ASTLEY SAID HE'D NEVER LET ME DOWN" - Cosbydaf

Print