Print

Author Topic: The FBM Museum!  (Read 28431 times)

« on: January 17, 2009, 11:06:03 AM »
Hello! Welcome to my Museum! Just like a gallery, you can look at some of my latest artwork about Mario and other stuff like that. So stay awhile, kick back and relax, and enjoy some of my latest artwork! :D

I finished this one in less than a week. Mario was drawn by hand, and the scenery and other pieces of
land were made by using my old PC (Yes, the one that crashes).
"It's vital to reflect occasionally on whether one is overdoing whatever it is one person is doing." ~Toadsworth

« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2009, 12:03:42 PM »
Ooh. I really like the drawing style and the choice of colors.

CrossEyed7

• i can make this whatever i want; you're not my dad
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2009, 12:26:44 PM »
I like how his ear has a 3 on it.
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

Rao

• Arr! Ay! Oh!
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2009, 12:44:33 PM »
That's really good. I really like it.
What's your problem, Cambodian?

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2009, 01:21:25 PM »
Interesting, I mean nice, style.
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2009, 05:05:45 PM »
This is one of those things that's bizarre and awesome at the same time.

Good work!
I'm a horrible person.

BriGuy92

• Luck of the Irish
« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2009, 05:07:17 PM »
Very colorful and bright. Cool.
Know the most important contribution of the organ Fund science girls type. It's true!

« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2009, 05:16:21 PM »
Thats it, I'm making a gallery.

Good drawing, though I usually only make sketches.

Kojinka

• Bruised
« Reply #8 on: January 18, 2009, 12:07:36 AM »
That's a really nice style!
Regards, Uncle Dolan

TEM

• THE SOVIET'S MOST DANGEROUS PUZZLE.
« Reply #9 on: January 18, 2009, 05:43:59 PM »
Now draw one where he's doing something interesting like kicking a dog or swimming with dolphins.

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #10 on: January 18, 2009, 05:55:17 PM »
Or swimming with dolphins and kicking dogs that are trying to jump over the dolphins. And getting revenge on that horse that ate him.

Interesting golf course look there.

« Reply #11 on: January 18, 2009, 06:06:12 PM »
Now draw one where he's doing something interesting like kicking a dog or swimming with dolphins.
AW YEAH.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2009, 04:28:13 PM by Sapphira »

« Reply #12 on: January 18, 2009, 09:22:42 PM »
Heh, I'll consider the dolphin part at least. Another drawing will be up soon.
"It's vital to reflect occasionally on whether one is overdoing whatever it is one person is doing." ~Toadsworth

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #13 on: January 19, 2009, 04:58:07 PM »
Nice job!  I like your art style.  You should do one of him in a water level.
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

« Reply #14 on: January 19, 2009, 05:06:35 PM »
Swimming with dolphins.

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #15 on: January 19, 2009, 05:12:38 PM »
Nah... Porcu-Puffers.

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #16 on: January 19, 2009, 05:53:36 PM »
Swimming with dolphins AND Porcu-Puffers while avoiding Torpedo Teds and Rip Van Fishes.

TEM

• THE SOVIET'S MOST DANGEROUS PUZZLE.
« Reply #17 on: January 20, 2009, 11:04:47 AM »
You guys had to nerd it up. Just have dolphins! It's already Mario, isn't that enough video game for you?

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #18 on: January 20, 2009, 02:52:20 PM »
Say TEM do me a favor. Look at the banner at the top of this message board. What does that banner say? "The Mushroom Kingdom's Fungi Forum"? So what do you expect to encounter when posting on a message board with that title? Go on. Tell me. I won't laugh.

Captain Jim

• TwinklyMuffin
« Reply #19 on: January 20, 2009, 04:04:49 PM »
Isn't this a message board to post your favorite mushroom-based recipes?  If not, then I'm soooo lost.
No! I don't want that!

CrossEyed7

« Reply #20 on: January 20, 2009, 04:37:36 PM »
This isn't an athlete's foot support forum? Dangit, I've wasted 20 days, 20 hours and 36 minutes of my life!
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

BriGuy92

• Luck of the Irish
« Reply #21 on: January 20, 2009, 05:15:04 PM »
Know the most important contribution of the organ Fund science girls type. It's true!

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #22 on: January 20, 2009, 06:48:50 PM »
A little over nine for me, actually--I stopped watching.

« Reply #23 on: February 04, 2009, 07:01:16 PM »

Ok! I'm done with another picture! This was a request (I think) from many members here at TMK, so voila! Here it is! Mario riding a dolphin...while avoiding a huge porcu puffer! Now, I won't be taking anymore requests for the rest of the month. I'll start taking more requests (one request every 2 months) in April. Anyway, enjoy! This took me about...2 or 3 weeks to finish so I'm glad that I finished it.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2009, 09:00:54 PM by FlamingBlueMardio »

« Reply #24 on: February 04, 2009, 07:03:17 PM »
Wow! Nice job, and is that Goombario I see in the background??
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #25 on: February 04, 2009, 08:11:06 PM »
TEM's gonna hate this.

« Reply #26 on: February 04, 2009, 08:29:05 PM »
Wow! Nice job, and is that Goombario I see in the background??
That is indeed Goombario. Maybe he's on a field trip? Who knows. I like to add little "easter eggs" to my drawings.

TEM's gonna hate this.
Hmm. I tried my best not to "nerd it up" by flooding the drawing with so many characters...but I couldn't help it. Also, some didn't make the cut. Sorry.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #27 on: February 04, 2009, 08:44:44 PM »
I sort of disapprove with "taking requests" but you should NEVER, EVER, EVER apologize for what you put in your artwork! Are you a real artist or what!?

Aside from the scoldings, this turned out very nicely. But you say you would have put more in than this if not for TEM? You should have kicked TEM in the face and ran with what you wanted.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #28 on: February 04, 2009, 09:04:14 PM »
I sort of disapprove with "taking requests" but you should NEVER, EVER, EVER apologize for what you put in your artwork! Are you a real artist or what!?

You are absolutely right, BP. And yes, I am an artist (not a pro yet but...) I plan on making cartoon movies and stuff. Maybe even making video games one day. And I did add want I wanted. I just wish I could've added more but then the pic would be too big (that drawing is at least 800x640 large and I'm trying to stay below that) and it would have taken longer to finish. My old PC was constantly crashing, so I'm glad that I was able to post it. :)

« Reply #29 on: February 04, 2009, 10:04:47 PM »
TEM's gonna hate this but,

I like it!

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #30 on: February 05, 2009, 01:10:24 PM »
Excellent job!  I like the thought of that Rip-Van-Fish getting a nasty wake-up call, and you put some great detail into the Porcu-puffer!  Also, the splash made by one of those dolphins surfacing looks like a hand reaching out to grab it.

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #31 on: February 05, 2009, 06:02:55 PM »
I love it!

« Reply #32 on: February 06, 2009, 12:24:54 AM »
Wow! You are an amazing artist!
Gently push a piece of the tube containing the intersection along the fourth dimension, out of the original three dimensional space.
- WIkipedia page on the Klein bottle

« Reply #33 on: June 13, 2009, 11:56:52 AM »

Yes, the FBM museum lives...for now. Anyway, this is a drawing I made on iscribble with some help from Kuromatsu. He drew Mario and I drew Luigi. :) The bros. are in a land filled with darkness (world 8 SMB3) and must rescue --you guessed it-- Princess Peach (again) from the likes of --you got it-- Bowser. :D

I have to thank Kuromatsu for letting me know about iscribble. because now I can draw some sketches and stuff fairly well by using a mouse. Also, my old PC died a few months ago so I can't use my scanner, and the PC I'm using right now doesn't even recognize my scanner. So, I won't be able to post drawings made by real pencil and paper, but that's not going slow me down too much. More art is coming soon, don't worry, folks, I've been in a rut. :|
« Last Edit: June 13, 2009, 07:48:22 PM by FlamingBlueMario »

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #34 on: June 13, 2009, 12:01:34 PM »
Good work, both of you.  I really like the way you did the fireballs.

Kuromatsu

• 黒松
« Reply #35 on: June 13, 2009, 03:01:08 PM »
Wow that's an old picture.

I have to thank Kuromatsu for letting me know about iscribble.
You're welcome? Although I thought that is what caused you to be in a rut in the first place...

« Reply #36 on: June 13, 2009, 08:32:15 PM »
Although I thought that is what caused you to be in a rut in the first place...
I've been in a rut long before being introduced to iscribble (which is a great drawing site.) I'm learning some interesting drawing techniques and other cool stuff. I blame my constant procrastinating and lack of self-control for landing me in this rut, not iscribble. But I'll get out of it eventually. :)

« Reply #37 on: November 10, 2009, 08:52:30 PM »
Alright, I haven't added anything new to my "Museum" since...uh...well, it's been a really long time. They are no garuntees, but I'll try to post my artwork here more often. And thanks again, Warp for helping me install a new distro (Ubuntu Netbook Remix) on my netbook. :) My scanner works with this new distribution and so does my new tablet.

This drawing was made from scratch in GIMP. :)

Mario is dressed as Count Dracula, Peach is a witch, and Luigi is a mummy. They're Trick-or-Treating somewhere in the Mushroom Kingdom. I don't normally draw stuff relating to Halloween, but I figured I would give it a shot this year. I would have finished it sooner if I weren't always tired and busy doing other things. I'm glad that it's finished because, well, it's the 10th of November!

It took nearly 2 weeks to finish this. Well, better late than never, I guess. :)
« Last Edit: December 04, 2009, 01:24:46 AM by FlamingBlueMario »

« Reply #38 on: November 10, 2009, 09:12:54 PM »
That's pretty amazing, FBM! In particular, the psuedo-3D effect on Mario's face and the rooves of the houses is impressive.
YYur  waYur n beYur you Yur plusYur instYur an Yur Yur whaYur

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #39 on: November 10, 2009, 09:26:46 PM »
Whoa.

That's very impressive.

Also, Peach the giant candy corn has me drooling.

Kuromatsu

• 黒松
« Reply #40 on: November 10, 2009, 10:58:54 PM »
I'd trick her treat, if you know what I mean.

In all seriousness, good drawing. It's really crisp. Like Bread. I'm a little hungry now.

CrossEyed7

« Reply #41 on: November 11, 2009, 12:10:30 AM »
Every time I look at it, my eyes trick me into thinking it's a 3D render for a second or two. Beautiful use of color, great attention to detail --- I especially love that the pumpkin on the right is one of these:

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #42 on: November 11, 2009, 08:14:27 AM »
Peach dressed as a witch is like playing electric guitar on a rollercoaster. Or eating ice cream with candy bars. Or riding a motorcycle and paintballing at the same time.

« Reply #43 on: August 26, 2010, 10:39:47 PM »
I'm back! (Again!) And thanks to everyone for commenting on my previous drawing. So this time, I decided to take a more simplistic approach when I was creating this next drawing. It's more of a cartoonish style featuring the Mario Bros. doing what they do best; plumbing! :D
...Well, that's what they were going to do until a swarm of goombas appeared.

And, of course, Luigi is freaking out after seeing those goombas. But can you blame him? If you were in a dark sewer and something came running towards you, you would freak out too!

It took longer than expected to finish this drawing. I would've had it uploaded days ago, but I kept finding things to tweak. 

« Reply #44 on: August 26, 2010, 10:47:53 PM »
Oh man, this is awesome work. You put a lot of effort into it.
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

Kuromatsu

• 黒松
« Reply #45 on: August 27, 2010, 02:24:22 AM »
I wholeheartedly approve of this image.

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #46 on: August 27, 2010, 06:51:32 AM »
Nice job.  The attention to detail in the background and the coloring is amazing.

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #47 on: August 27, 2010, 09:52:08 AM »
Remarkable!

« Reply #48 on: August 27, 2010, 02:44:07 PM »
Very nice. It really captures the bros.' personalities.

BriGuy92

• Luck of the Irish
« Reply #49 on: August 27, 2010, 05:23:01 PM »
You win a cookie.

« Reply #50 on: September 12, 2010, 07:16:42 PM »
WARNING! MASSIVE WALLPAPER COMING DOWN THE PIPE!

(This is unoffical Super Paper Mario Wallpaper)

This fan-made desktop wallpaper was inspired by the 4th world in Super Paper Mario. I was playing through the level one day and noticed the cool patterns on the space doors. I thought it would make for a cool background so I made a replica of it with added details and stuff. Enjoy. (:

Don't like Squirp that much? Okay, here's one without him being in the foreground.

« Last Edit: September 12, 2010, 07:19:52 PM by FlamingBlueMario »

« Reply #51 on: October 16, 2010, 11:08:18 PM »
A rather...interesting drawing that I made of Mario.

Also, I'm accepting requests. :D (But only for a short time! Click on the link for details!)

« Reply #52 on: October 17, 2010, 01:20:43 PM »
I love Mario's stoic expression, FBM.

« Reply #53 on: October 24, 2010, 10:53:18 PM »
Thanks, Weegee. (:

I'm now officially taking requests. The mushroom power-up received the most votes, so I'll draw 10 requested drawing for the first 10 people who post here. (: (I feel like a broken record...) Anyway, request away! :D 

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #54 on: October 25, 2010, 08:20:17 AM »
How about a screenshot from a theoretical Lord of the Rings sidescrolling platformer?

« Reply #55 on: October 25, 2010, 01:52:44 PM »
Mario doing the [dukar]ty work of an actual plumber.

« Reply #56 on: October 25, 2010, 02:11:42 PM »
Anything related to Superstar Saga.  My imagination is failing me now, so I'll probably change this to something more specific later.
If she is indeed genetically mutated such that she has an eye in the back of her head, then I guess that she is genetically mutated and has an eye in the back of her head.

« Reply #57 on: October 25, 2010, 09:28:37 PM »
Toad as the theoritical star of his own game. I was imagining some kind of platformer/spinoff (like Super Princess Peach), but whatever genre you think of is fine. :)
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

« Reply #58 on: October 25, 2010, 09:38:45 PM »
but whatever genre you think of is fine. :)

FPS

« Reply #59 on: October 25, 2010, 09:53:56 PM »
Hmm...

I'd like to see the poster for No Mercy from L4D1, but with Mario characters dressed as and taking the place of the L4D survivors. That would be awesome. :D
If my son could decimate Lego cities with his genitals, I'd be [darn] proud.

« Reply #60 on: October 25, 2010, 11:36:06 PM »
I'd like to see the poster for No Mercy from L4D1, but with Mario characters dressed as and taking the place of the L4D survivors.

http://themushroomkingdom.net/board/index.php?topic=12309.15

Of course mine is a piece of crap and FBM will probably put some effort into his.
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

« Reply #61 on: October 26, 2010, 01:35:38 AM »

« Reply #62 on: October 26, 2010, 04:17:25 PM »
http://themushroomkingdom.net/board/index.php?topic=12309.15

Of course mine is a piece of crap and FBM will probably put some effort into his.

Fox's head actually doesn't look too amiss on Louis' body. I won't be able to play through No Mercy properly again...
If my son could decimate Lego cities with his genitals, I'd be [darn] proud.

« Reply #63 on: November 14, 2010, 05:21:23 AM »
Lol awesome!

« Reply #64 on: January 09, 2011, 11:27:02 PM »
They've finally done it. Nintendo is finally making Toad the star of his own game!

See? Since it has the DS labeling and stuff that means the game must be FOR REAL!

...Did I fool you? No? Not even a lit-- never mind.

I'm finally done with Toad's request! It took weeks to finish, but it's done. :D

I had too much fun making drawing. So much, I even made some in-game screen shots and a back cover.

Now...as for the rest of the requested drawings...they're coming along nicely...but they won't be up until I'm finished making them. So hang in there. :) I'm still taking requests, but not from those who have already posted their requests.

5 request slots have yet to be filled!

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #65 on: January 10, 2011, 12:20:39 AM »
That's really cool/well-done.

Anyway, I know this'll get considerably backlogged, but I would like humbly request a picture of myself and other prominent TMKers engaging in wintertime merriment, akin to a videogame company or children's television channel's promotional Christmas tableau. Potential aspects include: Snow sculptures indicative of people's personalities, hot chocolate or festive snack-related activities, and freestyle sledding.

CrossEyed7

« Reply #66 on: January 10, 2011, 12:29:26 AM »
0_0

/\_/\

Love the "Look, a Chain Chomp" reference. Very nice.

I request that you draw Geno being challenged to a Pokemon triple battle by Goombella, Seto Kaiba, and Tails (they totally hang out every third weekend) while out with his pet Blitty doing his Christmas shopping (at a store run by Ninjis and Fuzzies), with a Growlithe incorporated somewhere. Perhaps in comic book format.

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #67 on: January 10, 2011, 08:28:40 AM »
Wow.  I would pay money for that game.

« Reply #68 on: January 10, 2011, 08:41:03 AM »
You did an awesome job! I love how the chain that Toad is swinging with on the front cover actually connects to a Chain Chomp. I also find it interesting that the Toad is not playable in multiplayer (or he's not in the screenshots, anyway)

I'm with Turtlekid: I would totally pay money for this game!

« Reply #69 on: January 10, 2011, 07:40:46 PM »
Potential aspects include: Snow sculptures indicative of people's personalities, hot chocolate or festive snack-related activities, and freestyle sledding.
You forgot everyone teaming up to make a giant Deezer the Snowman and then bringing him to life.

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #70 on: January 10, 2011, 10:42:52 PM »
Oh, man, how could I forget... yes, that's a given.

Print