Print

Author Topic: Your first Nintendo machine/Mario game  (Read 3717 times)

« on: June 26, 2000, 01:57:48 PM »
I remember well when I got my first Nintendo console, complete with a Mario game...

I was around 2 or 3, and the NES had come out just in time for the Christmas season.  My parents searched all over the state for one of these magic game boxes, and finally found one for their very young and impressionable son.  My favorites were SMB and Duck Hunt, and I was pretty good for a toddler...

And that is why I am the way I am.

Anyone else have tear-jerking stories of their first Nintendo console or Mario game?
Someone set up us the bomb!

« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2000, 02:30:33 PM »
Mine's the same thing, only I was around 7 or 8. Here's the shocker. I ended up getting Mario 3 for my B-Day in 1990, but for Christmas, I got Mario 2, and Dr. Mario.
Kamehameha!

« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2000, 03:07:50 PM »
My first video game system was a Super Nintendo I got for my 13th birthday.
Mega 2
Cybernetic Abiogenesis Project

« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2000, 07:31:49 PM »
For Christmas one year, my cousin gave me a SNES that came with Super Mario World and Super Mario Kart. Everbody I knew liked Yoshi, so whenever we played Mario Kart, it was always a race to get Yoshi.

*Looks inside of a candy bar wraper. Reads:* You have just won a Sony Plays.... Oh it`s crap!!
*Looks inside of a candy bar wraper. Reads:* You have just won a Sony Plays.... Oh it`s crap!!

« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2000, 12:50:54 AM »
Um, it was Christmas.  I was 7 I think.  Maybe 6. That would make it 1989 or 1990.  I got an NES with SMB/Duckhunt and Pac Man.  Fun games. :)
And then in 1991, I got SMB3 and played it like an addict. :D

-John Moore
 "Boredom is the mother of invention"
 http://johnmoore.cjb.net/

« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2000, 07:32:35 AM »
Well I got my NES for christmas when I was a few years old with SMB/Duck Hunt.  But the first time I ever played was at my cousins house when I was like 3 or so but I did good for my age.

« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2000, 09:08:17 AM »
I was pretty young, and after hours of playing Mario/Duckhunt at the babysitter's, my parents hunted me down a NES for christmas and I got Mario/Duckhunt...

Kweeh! Forget Whark! Kweeh! Is better!
Kweeh! Kweeh! Yes, Kweeh forever!

« Reply #7 on: July 06, 2000, 12:58:21 PM »
I used to play the original nintendo at my cousins house (I really sucked, but I was a little kid) before my brother and I got our own the christmas I was five. We got mario bros/duckhunt and Back to the future to go with it (did anyone ever play back to the future? Grrrrr..... that game always used to annoy me, I could never beat it). I hardly ever played all that much by myself because the furthest I could get was to level 4 in Mario Bros, and not passed the first level in BTTF, but I did like duckhunt, oh now I'm getting all misty-eyed!!!!!
~Heir to the Royal Throne, the Baker of Many Cakes, Kisser of Many Noses,Bimbo Supreme, and Crybaby Extroidinaire,Her Royal Highness, the Noble Princess Peach Toadstool~

« Reply #8 on: July 06, 2000, 03:28:10 PM »
I bought back to the future for like 2 bucks used at funco and I thought it wasn't very good.  I only get to the second  level where you throw milk cartons at people and if ya miss you climb up on the counter so the bad guy can grab ya and throw ya through the window.  Hard and dumb

« Reply #9 on: July 06, 2000, 06:56:07 PM »
I know, that was like one of the stupidest games ever made.
~Heir to the Royal Throne, the Baker of Many Cakes, Kisser of Many Noses,Bimbo Supreme, and Crybaby Extroidinaire,Her Royal Highness, the Noble Princess Peach Toadstool~

Print