Print

Author Topic: GameCube last system? I think not!  (Read 5358 times)

« on: January 23, 2003, 05:54:46 PM »
Whoever said that the Nintendo GameCube was Nintendo's last system was highly incorrect.  Nintendo has planned a new system for 2005!  It's to come out before the X-Box 2 (Late 2005) and the Playstation 3 (Q2 2006) From what I've heard, it will be the only one that's 256 bit, the other two only being faster or better in some way, and Nintendo is trying for polygons on the gameboy, but have not yet succeeded.  As the article at IGN says "Nintendo quit the console buisness?  I think not.  They want to win" so they are releasing their new console before the others to gain the advantage.

Watoad

• Self-evictor
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2003, 06:46:16 PM »
I knew about PS3, but Xbox 2? That's sad. Sony and Microsoft's lack of creativity is also sad; it won't be long until we have more PlayStations than Rocky movies.
The weaker you are, the stronger you can become.

« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2003, 06:59:12 PM »
Damit!I promised mum if she bought me a GCN that would be the last game machine i get...but i might be able to buy it...

Do you know when we die,we''ll be boos too?
Find your inner monkey.

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2003, 07:47:21 PM »
I read this earlier today:

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/nm/20030123/tc_nm/tech_nintendo_dc

--> Åñím@l ©®ø$$íñ9â„¢ Now Only ß49.99 <--
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2003, 08:57:23 PM »
PKB, why worry? It's almost three years from now!
Anyway, yes, they have done polygons on GBA, with that whatever-it's-called space shooter similar to Star Fox (SNES).
Xbox 2... man, how ludicrous.
That was a joke.

Watoad

• Self-evictor
« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2003, 12:40:55 AM »
Among the Game Boy Advance games that use polygons are:

ATV: Quad Power Racing
BackTrack
Ballistic: Ecks vs. Sever
Dark Arena
Doom
Duke Nukem Advance
Ecks vs. Sever
Star X
Super Monkey Ball Jr.
Tony Hawk’s Pro Skater 2
Tony Hawk’s Pro Skater 3
Tony Hawk’s Pro Skater 4
Wolfenstein 3D
ZooCube

An example of games that I missed is racing games. There are countless racing games for GBA, and I'm sure at least some of them use polygons. ATV: Quad Power Racing is the only one I particularly remember, but there are easily five others at the VERY least.

And if that isn't good enough, get this: there is one game (and maybe others) for Game Boy COLOR that uses polygons. That game is Disney’s Toy Story Racer.
The weaker you are, the stronger you can become.

« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2003, 08:45:12 AM »
How orginal can you get?
Playstation 3
Xbox 2

Those are the most idiotic names you can make
 n/a

« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2003, 09:27:19 AM »
Although I love Nintendo, I feel the new console release is way too early, and the three aren't going to get as much attention.  I mean, why can't they join hands and sing in harmony, develop a system together and sell it worldwide.  Pretty soon, new systems will come out daily, and nobody will care if this childish competition keeps up!

Mario Maniac

• Loose buttons
« Reply #8 on: January 24, 2003, 10:16:10 AM »
Article taken from NGConline.net:

..:: News Article ::..

Nintendo Press Conference
Nintendo reaffirms fans that a new console is coming, and is launching at the same time as it's rivals next time.

Here are quotes from the conference:

"We are developing a new home video game console with a plan to release the new system around the same time as rival makers do," President Satoru Iwata told Reuters in an interview.

"The PlayStation 2 debuted one-and-a-half years ahead of the GameCube. If we had launched the GameCube at the same time as PlayStation 2, the result would have been different."

"We will get ready for a battle in 2005 although foreign game developers are now saying that rival next-generation systems won't come until 2006."

"Given the slumping Tokyo stock market as a whole, it's not only Nintendo's problem. But it's my duty to bring good results to investors," Iwata said.

"When we withdraw from the home game console, that's when we withdraw from the video game business," he said.

Iwata said another price drop was not out of question to bring Gamecube closer to PS2, but he said it wasn't imminent.
People who like video games should also like Nintendo. People who don't like Nintendo obviously don't like video games.

« Reply #9 on: January 24, 2003, 11:58:54 AM »
Why do you even bother to make this topic it's ovious that there is going to be another Nintendo system after Game Cube. DUH!

It's ah me Marioguy
I HATE JON!!! He betrayed me. So now everyone can have his picture.

« Reply #10 on: January 24, 2003, 06:33:33 PM »
Marioguy,umm,shuttup.You dont know that there might of been another console after GCN!And Chupperson,I have to worry.Mum will remember that day when I bought the indigo colored box...with the easy to play games with controllers...with one of the best games on GCN...

Do you know when we die,we''ll be boos too?
Find your inner monkey.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #11 on: January 25, 2003, 09:45:18 PM »
Umm... okay then...
Anyway, Yoshi's Island uses polygons too, remember.
Marioguy, you have to be the most cynical person I have ever seen.

I write poetry when I`m not looking.
That was a joke.

« Reply #12 on: January 26, 2003, 10:51:15 PM »
Will they still make GCN games? Cause if they do what they did to N64, GCN will have only been around 6 years!
I ignored the rules about signatures, therefore I am most likely a spam account.

« Reply #13 on: January 26, 2003, 10:51:50 PM »
Will they still make GCN games? Cause if they do what they did to N64, GCN will have only been around 4 years!
I ignored the rules about signatures, therefore I am most likely a spam account.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #14 on: January 26, 2003, 11:45:14 PM »
Most likely not. Not for long, anyway. One system quickly gives way to another.
But me, I'm just now getting a collection of N64 games. I didn't get an N64 until way after I got my 'Cube.

I write poetry when I`m not looking.
That was a joke.

Print