Print

Author Topic: Animal Crossing Help  (Read 70398 times)

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #300 on: February 22, 2003, 12:05:30 AM »
This is one topic. There are hundreds more about Mario.
And CashCrazed, just because YOU don't care for Animal Crossing doesn't mean you need to try and put down other people for liking it. I can't believe the ignorance of some people's statements.

We are not "crazy about Animal Crossing" as you so crudely put it. This topic has survived because it's an ongoing game, with lots of different things to talk about. It's that simple.

Sorry, but an attitude like that really annoys me.

I write poetry when I`m not looking.
That was a joke.

Watoad

• Self-evictor
« Reply #301 on: February 22, 2003, 01:49:26 AM »
I could say something like, "Maybe people are getting tired of talking about Mario," but then Chupperson would probably say that "Mario Bar" has well over a thousand posts and that, no, people are not talking about Animal Crossing more than Mario. So I won't say it.

But I will say this: yes, I do very much like Animal Crossing. And I enjoy talking about it. It's a communication game, one that not only allows players to communicate within it but also fosters communication online because of its password system. If you don't like the game, that's your decision. You have the right to make it as you wish just as we do. It is all a matter of opinion—you are not correct, and neither are we. To almost quote Insane Steve's signature:

Everyone has his own opinions, no matter how WRONG they are.

There are people, CashCrazed, who would say that you are a complete moron for spending your time posting in a stupid forum that accomplishes absolutely nothing. Are you going to listen to them? Are you going to be yourself, or are you going to give into the pressures of this world and become a slave of your own desire not to be rejected by others?

You may think I'm taking this way beyond any implications of your simple remark, but I'm really talking about the same thing. This is something we all have to deal with, and your comment is simply an example of it.
The weaker you are, the stronger you can become.

Watoad

• Self-evictor
« Reply #302 on: February 22, 2003, 01:52:10 AM »
It looks like Chupperson's post was on the next page after CashCrazed's, and I didn't see it until I finished typing my reply. He said, "This is one topic. There are hundreds more about Mario." I told you he'd say something like that.

Edited by - Watoad on 2/21/2003 11:54:31 PM

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #303 on: February 22, 2003, 08:53:56 AM »
Watoad,
I think the patterns and textures at http://www.animalcrossingcommunity.com/patterns.asp are really very easy to copy since they have them like paint by number on each patterns print screen.  Checkout Mario at http://www.animalcrossingcommunity.com/pattern_print.asp?PatternID=62 to see what I mean.  If you actually want to print the colors and not just the number though your browser must be set to print background colors.

Everything is perfect!  Hyrule is a very liveable place. ;Þ

-->  Åñím@l ©®ø$$íñ9â„¢   <--
-->    Town: Hyrule     <--
-->     Name: Link      <--
--> Now Only ß9,999,990 <--
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

« Reply #304 on: February 22, 2003, 10:45:45 AM »
CABIN!!!
I've almost expanded my house again... I have 125,000 Bells of 398,000 left!
 n/a

Watoad

• Self-evictor
« Reply #305 on: February 22, 2003, 01:52:37 PM »
I understand now, Luigison. The way they did that is really neat. Whoever created that site went to a lot of work.

––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––
If Animal Crossing has a place in your heart,
Then remember this on your way to Nook’s mart:
To Cahquene should your passwords go,
So there may Errol find what your generosity does bestow.
––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––

Edited by - Watoad on 2/22/2003 12:05:57 PM

« Reply #306 on: February 22, 2003, 02:06:18 PM »
I agree with Chup, Mario is still cool, but Animal Crossing has Mario reference in it, so actually, we are talking about Mario. Cashcrazed, have you even played even an hour of the game. It's a game that you have to play everyday to find out about current events, pull the weeds, help other animals out, make your house nice for the HRA. ( I envy Watoad for scoring so high on the HRA.

If you don't like the game, keep your comments to yourself.
Does anybody ever wonder why the Blue Toad in Super Mario Sunshine wanders off from the rest of the group?

Watoad

• Self-evictor
« Reply #307 on: February 22, 2003, 02:16:59 PM »
jjf8420, if it helps, the key to scoring high is not in the layout of furniture but in the furniture itself. Having a complete set of furniture makes a big difference, and rare items raise the score way up. My score was high because I took both of these to the extreme: I used the complete Snowman set (which is entirely rare furniture anyway), three full dinosaur skeletons, and a bunch of other rare things like Mario items and NES games.

Edited by - Watoad on 2/22/2003 12:22:40 PM

« Reply #308 on: February 22, 2003, 09:47:31 PM »
Umm... Nobody needs to get me a Blue Dresser or a Lunar Rover anymore. I found them both in my town. That means my Blue Series and and my Space Theme are complete! Yes!

Did anybody look at the most recent mailbag at TMK? Close to the bottom, there's a link for AC textures. Man, those are good. Are most of those textures done by hand?

« Reply #309 on: February 22, 2003, 09:47:33 PM »
Umm... Nobody needs to get me a Blue Dresser or a Lunar Rover anymore. I found them both in my town. That means my Blue Series and and my Space Theme are complete! Yes!

Did anybody look at the most recent mailbag at TMK? Close to the bottom, there's a link for AC textures. Man, those are good. Are most of those textures done by hand?

« Reply #310 on: February 22, 2003, 10:29:22 PM »
Uggggh.........Animal Crossing has to be the most pointless game i have ever seen. Face it, the whole MAIN purpose of the game is to collect stuff, in every way, shape, and form, making it no better that that Pokemon crap. I have a friend(yes, I DO have SOME friends) who's been absolutely HOOKED on AC for many MONTHS now! He's collected pretty much all the furniture, all the bugs and fish, and has a full house with about 2 million in the bank, and yet still hasn't yet to see that there is no POINT to this childish game. Do you know what I said to him after I asked him to come over to my place but he refused on behalf of his AC game? I said "Try getting a real life, rather than living out a pathetic virtual one!". I'm quite the Animal Crossing hater. It's the one game my PARENTS actually played more than I ever did, for a good reason!

Edited by - CashCrazed on 2/22/2003 8:33:47 PM
"I'm a stupid fatty and I like to play with my Easy Bake oven." - frostbite

Fifth

• Quadruped
« Reply #311 on: February 23, 2003, 01:54:01 AM »
I'll admit that the game has no solid point, but that's why the player has to give it one!  It's basically a toy box, and the player finds his own way to amuse himself.

I bought the game along with my brother and two friends, and we all live in the same town.  It's a lot of fun; we give our characters personas, and they play them out.  We've got a pirate, who pillages other towns and raises the Jolly Roger on the local island, "the hooligan," an alter-ego that runs around town knifing people (or at least threatening to do so,) ... and the fact that the townspeople save the letters that are sent to them, and show them to other players... you could just be running around talking to people when suddenly you find an hilarious letter...  It's much more fun than I can possibly make it out to be in explanation.

Also, more interestingly, when the game first came out, apparently the people at Blizzard (game company responsible for Warcraft, Starcraft and Diablo,) were really into it.  The had it set up with two towns where people would sign up for a time to play, and they played competitively.  They'd go to the rival town and do things like chop down trees until their axe broke, leaving the stumps, dig up flowers, and buy all the items from the store, which wouldn't restock until the next day.  And then they'd also hoard tools (especially axes,) trying to prevent anybody else from becoming too powerful.  A crazy experience, to say the least.

I dunno... Yeah, the game's not for everybody, and I can see how you could easily dislike it, but it's still an interesting game.  A lot of time went into making all of the details, and it's quite innovative.

Go Moon!
Go Moon!

« Reply #312 on: February 23, 2003, 04:47:28 PM »
That's one of the reasons why I like AC, there is no point!

CABIN!!
 n/a

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #313 on: February 23, 2003, 11:46:52 PM »
CashCrazed, that has to be one of the most closed-minded posts I have ever read.
...Wait, I take that back. People who slam SFA in general and especially Krystal, for no reason, write more closed-minded posts.
Anyway, like I said before, just because you personally don't care for it doesn't make it stupid. I'm sure that there are at least a few games that you like that I (and other people too) would think were stupid, and possibly worse.
Yes, the game's pointless. That's the whole point.

I write poetry when I`m not looking.
That was a joke.

« Reply #314 on: February 24, 2003, 04:24:13 PM »
Also, the game's kinda worth it just or the NES games. It has about twenty. Most of those would cost 5 bucks each on an e-reader or even more on an actual NES, which costs about $40. So, you would wind up paying around $200 just for the NES games, and you can instead buy Animal Crossing for fifty dollars. See what I mean?

Print