Print

Author Topic: What is the longest time you ever played a Mario game?  (Read 4698 times)

« on: July 24, 2000, 06:15:25 PM »
   I have played Super Mario Bros 3 for 27 hours straight. It took a lot of coffee though...

Mario 4 eva

« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2000, 11:09:20 PM »
I'm not sure.  But when I get bored sometimes I play games along time.  For NES I onetime got bored so I played and won Talespin 5 times in a row

« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2000, 03:41:14 PM »
I played "Super Mario 64" almost every day from when I got it December 23, 1999 to when I beat it July 23, 2000.
Mega 2
Cybernetic Abiogenesis Project

« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2000, 04:53:24 PM »
 I have finnally beat my own record!!!! I have now played Super Mario RPG for 34 hours and 12 minutes!!!!!
 Tip: Never play a game for that long. I feel woozy, and the stupid music from Yoshis house is playing again and again in my head!!!

Mario 4 eva

« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2000, 05:40:14 PM »
I broke My Own Record!!!!!!!!!!! I spent 36 hours playing Super Mario # 1 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
 I also had the strangest Mario dream.I dreamt that I was Playing it and I was suddenly sucked in!!!!!! I spent the rest of my dream playing the game again and again, each time I beat it, the charecters changed!!!! They all ended up looking like Link.

Mario 4 eva

« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2000, 06:47:54 PM »
I've never even been awake for that long at a time!

"You are virus."
Mega 2

Mario Maniac

• Loose buttons
« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2000, 09:21:02 AM »
I forgot exactly how long it was, but once I played Super Mario 64 (I love that game!!) every day for at least 2 hours each day until I got all of the 120 Stars. That took almost a month of playing!!

Mario Maniac!!
People who like video games should also like Nintendo. People who don't like Nintendo obviously don't like video games.

« Reply #7 on: August 31, 2000, 12:02:09 PM »
Almost a month?!?  At about that same rate, it took me 7 months to get 70 stars, and I'm a pretty talented "Mario" gamer.
Mega 2

« Reply #8 on: August 31, 2000, 03:16:28 PM »
Gah, you're making me feel all weird now!  I beat Mario 64 with all 120 stars in about two weeks...A short time after I had a dream that involved the 121st star in some sort of desert level.  Crazy, huh?

Must...not...harbor...perverse...sexual...lust...for...the...SMRPG...fan...girl...
Must...not...harbor...perverse...sexual...lust...for...the...SMRPG...fan...girl...

« Reply #9 on: August 26, 2001, 05:32:23 PM »
109 Stars and That took a wilel

All Yoshis bow to me.
All Yoshis bow to me.

« Reply #10 on: August 26, 2001, 09:04:17 PM »
Hmmm...gor me it was a little over 30 hours playing Paper Mario. Not straight though. I don't know what the longest game played straight was.

I''m the leader of the Koopa Bros.We''re hip and cool and uh... we like bacon
I''m the leader of the Koopa Bros.We''re hip and cool and uh... we like bacon

« Reply #11 on: August 27, 2001, 07:29:20 PM »
Once I spent about five or six hours playing Paper Mario. That's not very long compared to some of the other times here, but normally I only play video games for about one or two hours.

« Reply #12 on: August 27, 2001, 07:43:36 PM »
I once played 14 hours,  33 minutes, and 24 seconds (I actually timed myself) straight trying to beat all of SMAS in one day without using warps. I did manage to beat SMB, SMB2, SMB3, and most of SMBTLL(SMB2J). When I say I have no life, I mean it. . .and the result was that my eyes ached for days and I was starving. I also once played SMW for 8 hours straight, resulting in a very odd Mario dream I described in the Mario dream thread, if you can find that, and I played the Mario RPGs for long alottments of time as well, probably about 6 hours each straight when I first got them. The sypnosis of this thread: I have no life. . .

BTW - It took me about a month (a half-hour a day) to beat SM64 without a guide. It's not really that hard, imo.

This message was written by davidcoolestguy, master of anime and video games (actually he''s just a guy who''s got too much free time)

Founder of the Mario Game idea: Super Mario Bros 4: Sibling Rivalry. If you wish to see this game idea, e-mail me at david_coolest_guy@yahoo.com, and I''ll see if I can get it to you. I''m also planning on updating it, and possibly converting it into an RPG. . .

Edited by - davidcoolestguy on 8/27/2001 6:49:40 PM
This message was written by davidcoolestguy, master of anime and video games (actually he''s just a guy who''s got too much free time)

Founder of the Mario Game idea: Super Mario Bros 4: Sibling Rivalry. If you wish to see this game idea, e-mail me at david_coolest_guy@yahoo.com, and I''ll see if I can get it to you. I''m also planning on updating it, and possibly converting it into an RPG. . .

« Reply #13 on: August 29, 2001, 11:22:05 AM »
The longest time I've ever played a game straight was Paper Mario, from when I woke up at 11 am and I played until 4 am  the next day. i think thats 17 hours or so. The longest time it took me to complete a game was 13 years. although i didn't play for 13 years straight, i started playing it in 1988 and finished it last friday. It was Super Mario Bros. 1.

It's not a matter of optimism or pessimism, it's a matter of common sense! (half empty or half full?)

« Reply #14 on: August 29, 2001, 11:30:00 AM »
I think i played paper mario for 4 hours. Or maybe it was 2.

mwahahaha(cough!)haha!

Print