Print

Author Topic: Greetings from SMBHQ.  (Read 6939 times)

« on: September 07, 2002, 07:11:54 PM »
Hey all you TMKers.  Just thought I'd come here and advertize SMBHQ...I mean...visit TMK's lovely forums.  Heh...heh...Anyway, hey there.-jay

P.S.  Visit www.smbhq.com.  Make sure you vist Neglected Mario Characters.  Funny stuff.  Really.

Insane Steve

• Professional Cynic
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2002, 07:16:47 PM »
I really like NMC... It is hilarious.

PS: If I were you, I wouldn't consider Yoshi a "Neglected" Mario Character, mainly because he actually gets more attention than Mario sometimes.

I am the Diet Cola of forum cynics: Just one calorie; not enough...
~I.S.~

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2002, 08:19:42 PM »
I don't get NMC... since when is Luigi neglected?

"Tonight, I`ll make an old family recipe. Pickled dandelions with barnacles in a diesel marinade!" - Prof. E. Gadd
That was a joke.

« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2002, 08:29:35 PM »
Hey Jay, remember me, its Shane, the one who got carried away with the idea of sonic and tails actually being on SSBM,before finding out for myself that it was a mere april fools joke!

www.songbirdocarina.com

« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2002, 10:02:14 PM »
Well, first starters, I'll just say that Neglected Mario Characters has been around for 5 years now (as of yesterday).  When I started the site on Kyle's Super Mario Bros. HQ, I started it on the simple belief that Mario was the main character of his games and as a result, he got most of the credit.  The other characters, were merely extras.  So, my goal at NC was to give a little spotlight to those "other" characters in the Mario games.  At the time, Luigi was very much neglected (and sure, I still think he's neglected, although Luigi's Mansion was awesome).  At the time when I started, Luigi hadn't had a decent roll in years.  He had stupid parts in Yoshi's Island and Super MaRPGio.  And he wasn't in SM64 at all.  Luigi was simply the 2nd player for Mario games.  Now, Luigi's Mansion did some to help Luigi's fame, but for the purposes of the site, he's still an NC.

Yoshi is an NC too, for the simple rule that I keep at NC.  The rule is, "All characters are Neglected Characters except for Mario."  Sure, Yoshi has his own series of games, but in the world of Mario, all characters are secondary to Mario, and so, this page is dedicated to them.

Well, that sure sounded self-rightous.-jay

« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2002, 10:15:01 PM »
Fine!
Ignore me!

www.songbirdocarina.com

Mario Maniac

• Loose buttons
« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2002, 01:59:40 PM »
Wait a minute... aren't Super Mario Bros. HQ and TMK rival sites? Why would Jay come to a rival Mario site anyway when he has his own Mario site to work with?

Edited by - Mario Maniac on 9/8/2002 1:01:45 PM
People who like video games should also like Nintendo. People who don't like Nintendo obviously don't like video games.

« Reply #7 on: September 08, 2002, 02:49:26 PM »
Because I was bored.

And yeah, I remember you, Shane.-jay

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #8 on: September 08, 2002, 07:43:03 PM »
Umm... yeah. Luigi's Mansion was awesome. That's all there is to be said. Awesome.
Anyway, why would they be rivals? SMBHQ is simply the lesser half of a dynamic duo.

"Tonight, I`ll make an old family recipe. Pickled dandelions with barnacles in a diesel marinade!" - Prof. E. Gadd
That was a joke.

« Reply #9 on: September 08, 2002, 09:41:00 PM »
(cough)Greater Half(cough).  Afterall, TMK doesn't have Neglected Mario Characters.-jay

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #10 on: September 09, 2002, 12:26:50 AM »
AHEM...Lesser...
TMK doesn't need NMC, and there aren't half as many errors and typos.

....Okay, OKAY, I admit, those comics are himarious.
But you still need to type Deezer's name right. See? You know I visit your site because I sent you an e-mail! I found an error! Very obvious, but still, an error you haven't fixed! I go to your site, see? But TMK is bet
SSNNNORRRE
Man, I'm tired.

Edited by - Chupperson Weird on 9/8/2002 11:44:49 PM
That was a joke.

Mario Maniac

• Loose buttons
« Reply #11 on: September 09, 2002, 05:30:25 AM »
...SMBHQ is not as good as TMK for multiple reasons:

1. Too many typos and errors.
2. No downloadable music/sound bytes.
3. Misinformation about some Mario games.
4. Not enough regular updates in the codes/cheats section.

I used to visit SMBHQ alot before I moved to TMK. Now I have found the total Mario paradise here at TMK...so I don't need SMBHQ anymore!
People who like video games should also like Nintendo. People who don't like Nintendo obviously don't like video games.

« Reply #12 on: September 09, 2002, 09:43:10 AM »
Pfft.  Typos and errors?  There are hardly any at SMBHQ.  And if there are, it's because of Kyle, not myself.  Sheesh.  You think I can just take over SMBHQ and just "magically" fix all of the errors that Kyle has made?  I havn't even seen a quarter of the pages.  I have a life.  And the times when I CAN update the site, I rather spend it making new stuff rather then go though all of SMBHQ and fix Kyle's mistakes.-jay

P.S.  If you told me how Deezer's name was spelt, then I would have fixed it.  Now I have to look it up myself.  OK, I found it.  There, you happy?  Deezer's name is fixed.

P.S.  Thank you for admiting that NC Comix doesn't completely suck.  :)

Edited by - Jay Resop on 9/9/2002 8:54:25 AM

« Reply #13 on: September 09, 2002, 09:46:22 AM »
Although, I should expect to see that people here prefer TMK over SMBHQ.  This is the freak'n TMK message board afterall.  So I understand.  We're all cool.  :)  Go to the SMBHQ and NC Forums, and it's a different light.  And is it just me, or is this message board slow as heck loading up?-jay

Edited by - Jay Resop on 9/9/2002 9:30:01 AM

« Reply #14 on: September 09, 2002, 04:16:52 PM »
Jay,
TMK and SMBHQ are linked to each other. I thought TMK and SMBHQ were allied, but you are here pointing the bad things out about TMK. Yay, the message boards are slow,SO WHAT? They're still the best Mario message boards out of all the rest(thats my opinion).
And as for you pointing out bad things about TMK, you will NOT believe how many bad things I can point out about SMBHQ!!!

www.songbirdocarina.com

Edited by - *~*Stealth-LinK*~* on 9/9/2002 3:20:52 PM

Print