Print

Author Topic: I take good screen shots  (Read 19534 times)

Matty_G33

• Banned
« Reply #45 on: May 01, 2007, 11:19:51 PM »
I got proof right here.

It is not doctored, and I think many sites claim that the big names took something from theirs.
Deezer, do you think that magazine you pointed out to really took your screenshot? I see many Mags take stuff from sites.
Yo, I'm Matty Underscore G Thirty-Three!
And I need a freaking clue...

Deezer

• Invincible
« Reply #46 on: May 01, 2007, 11:52:09 PM »
Either you're intentionally misunderstanding the replies or something is getting lost from the USA to NZ.

« Reply #47 on: May 02, 2007, 04:25:39 AM »
It doesn't change the fact that the artwork was the company's to be begin with, and always was.

You have to realize the company spent money to make the image. You can't just scan it and say the image is your property now. They have the right to take whatever belongs to them off websites, because they have the authority. It cost them perhaps, well over a thousand dollars or so to make it (a guess here). What did it cost you to scan it? Nothing.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2007, 04:32:24 AM by NintendoExpert89 »

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #48 on: May 02, 2007, 08:38:21 PM »
...'S why I got really mad when I found out that Gamespot put their big, obnoxious watermark on the Super Paper Mario box art. It was ultra-high resolution, too. And when I scanned the box myself it came out all grainy...
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

Matty_G33

• Banned
« Reply #49 on: May 02, 2007, 11:05:27 PM »
Deezer, I am not lost from the "USA to NZ" thing. I only did that my own topic, "What Wii accesory should I get?" It is essential to know the price differences and releases if you are in a different country and need to tell someone else in a different one.

The world does not revolve around America, it revolves around the Sun.

I know that a company always claims their artwork as their own, and many people do. I just find it strange that Nintendo had to take an image from a site, seeing that they made the box art (can't they get a box of Super Metroid?)

And Deezer, I'm think the Magazine Editors used a image search from Google or some other search engine (like Clusty, it is Wii Firendly!)

Deezer

• Invincible
« Reply #50 on: May 03, 2007, 12:20:02 AM »
And Deezer, I'm think the Magazine Editors used a image search from Google or some other search engine (like Clusty, it is Wii Firendly!)
If I were a magazine editor, that's probably what I would've done too. But then I would've e-mailed the site owner and said, "Hey, thanks for the most perfect screen shot of Mario's Picross. We'll be using it in our magazine."

Matty_G33

• Banned
« Reply #51 on: May 03, 2007, 02:19:53 AM »
Although there is an address near the picture (to indicate what site it comes from), many people give the search engine all the credit, rather than the site it normally came from.

It could have been from a different site, who knows...

« Reply #52 on: May 03, 2007, 04:27:25 AM »
Open INTERNET EXPLORER, turn off the lights, crank your speakers, and go to this URL: http://lizarddude.kontek.net/EMPicross.html

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #53 on: May 03, 2007, 11:36:28 AM »
I'd like to point out that unique screenshots are a bit different than the box art for the game. Since, you know, screenshots are unique.
That was a joke.

Deezer

• Invincible
« Reply #54 on: May 03, 2007, 02:21:33 PM »
It could have been from a different site, who knows...
I doubt it, unless they skipped it on the first page of Google image search. Anyway, I know I took the screen shot in the first place so it doesn't matter where they got it from; they still used my screen shot. :)
« Last Edit: May 03, 2007, 02:24:29 PM by Deezer »

Matty_G33

• Banned
« Reply #55 on: May 03, 2007, 10:55:19 PM »
I barely get nice messages these days...would you guys actually be nice?

Deezer

• Invincible
« Reply #56 on: May 03, 2007, 11:01:02 PM »

Matty_G33

• Banned
« Reply #57 on: May 03, 2007, 11:05:20 PM »
Oh sure, like that counts (E):-}) (It'sa Mario...)

Deezer

• Invincible
« Reply #58 on: May 03, 2007, 11:41:39 PM »
You continue to misunderstand the posts on this forum. Perhaps you should take a break from here for a while.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #59 on: May 04, 2007, 12:15:34 AM »
* Bird Person sticks a :) onto Deezer's post
Don't be so rude, Deezer. Anyway, whatever happened to "No problem; BREAD!"
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

Print