Print

Author Topic: Donkey Kong  (Read 2927 times)

« on: December 02, 2004, 07:47:43 PM »
Write donkey kong games you have

« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2004, 08:48:06 PM »
- DKC
- DKC2
- DKC3
- DK64

There.  That covers almost all of them! :)

Your forum board has been infected by the YSR virus. Please send an error report now so we can point and laugh at you.
(E I): o{D___(--I I): o(D___(o 8(= P)___(=(:  )@)___(3 I)}:O})+)___<( )=(: )) )
The cake is a lie, your base belongs to us, keyboard cat will play you off as you fall out of the bus.

« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2004, 10:34:01 AM »
Lets see... I have DK Land 1 and 2 for gameboy and Donkey Kong for NES.

____
In Ethiopia, people die from being to thin, in my country, people die from being to fat!
TMK/Fungi Forums-Maniac since 2002.

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2004, 10:41:52 AM »
I think I have all the SNES DKC games.  Which one is your favorite?  Why?

(I am thinking about getting one of the GBA versions or waiting for DKC3.)
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2004, 10:56:16 AM »
Would you rank them like this?

1. Donkey Kong Country
2. Donkey Kong Country 3
3. Donkey Kong Country 2

DKC is the best, and DKC2 is the worst?

Anyone agree or disagree?

Do the GBA versions have any extras?
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

Suffix

• Steamed
« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2004, 11:45:26 AM »
Questions, questions, questions!

« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2004, 12:16:08 PM »
Actually, I would rank it like this: (1 highest and 3 lowest)

1. Donkey Kong Country 2
2. Donkey Kong Country
3. Donkey kong Country 3

DKC3 is my least favorite because Kiddy is super big and slow and the levels aren't that great (and Rhambi wasn't in it!).  But the bosses were cool and fun to fight and Cranky's mini-games was fun too.  Donkey Kong Country is my second favorite because I liked the graphics and gameplay when I first played it (gotta love the mine cart levels!) and I liked riding the animal buddies (also, Candy was in it and she's hot!:)).  The bosses seemed a little dull because they were just blown-up version of smaller baddies but still hard enough.  DKC2 is my absolute favorite because Diddy and Dixie are small and fast characters and the levels have a great feel to them and let you move really fast most of the time.  The bosses rock, the character have funny face expressions, the secret world is very challenging, and some of the music is out-of-this-world!  Every time I play the Mine levels and the Brambles levels I feel like I'm listening to a concert!  Very cool.

Your forum board has been infected by the YSR virus. Please send an error report now so we can point and laugh at you.

Edited by - Yoshisaurus Rex on 12/4/2004 10:18:27 AM
(E I): o{D___(--I I): o(D___(o 8(= P)___(=(:  )@)___(3 I)}:O})+)___<( )=(: )) )
The cake is a lie, your base belongs to us, keyboard cat will play you off as you fall out of the bus.

MEGAߥTE

• In flames
« Reply #7 on: December 04, 2004, 01:49:53 PM »
I own:
Donkey Kong
Donkey Kong Jr.
Donkey Kong Classics
GB Donkey Kong
Donkey Kong Country
Donkey Kong Country: Competition Cartridge
Donkey Kong Country 2
Donkey Kong Country 3
Donkey Kong Land
Donkey Kong Land 2
Donkey Kong Land 3
Donkey Kong 64
Diddy Kong Racing
Donkey Kong Country (GBC)

As for DKC rankings,
I think Donkey Kong Country has the best atmosphere, but DKC2 was a well-designed game as well.  DKC3 was the worst, I never felt compelled to finish it, whereas I got 101% and 102% respectively on the first two.  I also completed DKL, but never DKL2 and 3.  I might have completed DK64, but it erased my save.  The continuous addition of Kongs just got stupid.

Edited by - MEGAߥTE on 12/18/2004 8:58:49 PM

« Reply #8 on: December 18, 2004, 10:09:04 AM »
I have:

-DK Country

-DK Country 2

-DK Country 3

-DK Land 2

-Mario vs. DK

As for the rankings, I think DKC2 is definitely the best (and probably the easiest) of the three DKC titles. I'm not sure what my second favorite is, though.
GEIANDGIRLCO DIRECT - The Sensitive Alternative

Markio

• Normal
« Reply #9 on: December 18, 2004, 11:04:53 AM »
I have:

1.Classic NES Series Donkey Kong

I like Donkey Kong the best because it is so great.  I like Donkey Kong the least because there are only three levels, and I never liked Donkey Kong, really.

Enjoy life.  There''s plenty of time to be dead.
"Hello Kitty is cool, but I like Keroppi the best."

« Reply #10 on: December 22, 2004, 07:47:56 PM »
Hey MEGABYTE, mind telling me what is Donkey Kong Country: Competition cartridge?

Back on topic, I own Donkey Kong Country, Mario vs. Donkey Kong, Donkey Kong 64, and Donkey kong Jr.-e. I wanna get DKC2 for GBA for X-Mas.

Dang Jackie, I don''t want to kiss a short, pale and poor girl.
-Michael Kelso, That 70''s show_
As a game that requires six friends, an HDTV, and skill, I can see why the majority of TMK is going to hate on it hard.

MEGAߥTE

• In flames
« Reply #11 on: December 22, 2004, 08:35:16 PM »
It's a version of DKC that was used in the second Blockbuster videogame championships.  There's a 5 minute time limit and you have to get as many points as possible.

« Reply #12 on: December 28, 2004, 08:01:15 PM »
I like Markio's post and DKC2 the best.

“I’m a stupid fatty and I love to play with my Easy Bake oven.”

Print