Print

Author Topic: Bad TV shows, or show ideas  (Read 13132 times)

Insane Steve

• Professional Cynic
« Reply #15 on: September 18, 2006, 03:41:42 PM »
Yes. I used my moderating powers to hack* the homophobic off-topic parts of the thread away. Read the part split off. Your dislike of cartoons has NOTHING to do with why the thread was split.

Oh, posts following this one should be about TV shows you dislike... if you have questions or anything, take it to PMs from here on out. Thanks.

On topic: Yes. Reality television has gotten worse and worse. I haven't seen much ingenuity on that front in ages. I'll get more specific later, but I'm busy now.

*hack has more than one meaning you know
« Last Edit: September 18, 2006, 03:43:57 PM by Insane Steve »
~I.S.~

« Reply #16 on: September 18, 2006, 04:07:48 PM »
I hate the Disney channel, yeah pretty much the whole disney network is sucky now, that and regular cartoon network.  Where did all the good shows go like Cow and Chicken, Dexter's Lab, Ed Edd 'n Eddy go?  Adult swim is great just to make that clear, I was talking about regular Cartoon Network.  Toonami has gotten a lot worse also, just my opinion.  They used to have a cartoon on Toonami I really liked, it was called "Ronin Warriors".  Seriously, where is all the good anime hiding on regular cable channels?
I only watch [adult swim]

« Reply #17 on: September 18, 2006, 04:12:29 PM »
Kappa Mikey. If you want to know why, go to the ANGST thread and read my post.

Tom goes to the Mayor: It shows a lack of effort in animation and humor. Each seen has about 0 animation.

Just about every show on Adult Swim. (Besides Family Guy and Futurama.) I used to watch Adult Swim, but it's just.......................meh.
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

« Reply #18 on: September 18, 2006, 04:12:37 PM »
Where did all the good shows go like Cow and Chicken, Dexter's Lab, Ed Edd 'n Eddy go?

Ed, Edd 'n' Eddy is still on. It's the only cartoon that I ever watch anymore.
"MY FAVORITE PART WAS WHEN RICK ASTLEY SAID HE'D NEVER LET ME DOWN" - Cosbydaf

« Reply #19 on: September 18, 2006, 04:15:58 PM »
Well, yeah, reruns I think, I just ish they still made the great shows that used to be on there.

« Reply #20 on: September 18, 2006, 06:21:15 PM »
I'll watch Ed, Edd 'n Eddy if there's nothing else on. It's still pretty decent, but I don't watch it if something better is on.

As for reality TV, the only ones I watched and enjoyed were The Mole (the first two seasons) and Last Comic Standing. Everything else is pretty much crap to me.
"Be yourself. Everyone else is taken."

« Reply #21 on: September 18, 2006, 06:34:59 PM »
Yeah, really, why watch reality?  You live in reality!!!!  It just like me and drawing figures or looking at things and drawing them, for instance landscapes.  You can look at a landscape in real life, no offence to traditional artists or such.  But I like to draw what I am thinking about, because no-one can just go up to my head any day and say "Wow, I know what your feeling dude, your pretty original."  I have to put it on paper...  I hope you understand what I am talking about.  I really do.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #22 on: September 18, 2006, 07:22:34 PM »
Most people live in front of their TVs.
That was a joke.

« Reply #23 on: September 18, 2006, 07:39:50 PM »
Survivor, Big Brother, celebrity versions of those shows.. are all a bad idea.

We live in reality. I know some people live infront of their tv's (I live beside mine, but anyway), but there has got to be something better coming along soon.

I also hate how every station (DIsney, Nick, Cartoon..) is coming out with their own origianl shows/movies. I know people are going to say that it's alwyas been like that, but not to this extent..

I have more I want to say, but feel it would be best said in the ANGST thread..
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

Kojinka

• Bruised
« Reply #24 on: September 18, 2006, 08:54:18 PM »
American Idol.  I can't believe how many people would actually wanna get humiliated by a British a** on national television!  Pretty much all reality shows in general suck.  I also despise how Cartoon Network went down the same path as Disney Channel.  If I knew it was gonna get worse, I would've asked my dad to keep Boomerang, since that's where Cartoon Network's good shows are now.
Regards, Uncle Dolan

SolidShroom

• Poop Man
« Reply #25 on: September 19, 2006, 01:07:29 PM »
Dog the Bounty hunter and Criss Angel: Mindfreak are pretty neat, semi-reality shows.

« Reply #26 on: September 19, 2006, 02:25:12 PM »
Has anyone heard of a show called "Degrasi"?
I cannot stand the show. The idea is the daily life of a bunch of kids, as their lives go steadily further down the toilet.
Apparently, every awful thing that happens, rape, gun violence, child abuse,ect... happens to these kids alone.
"At Dukar, we place our emphasis on serving you, supporting
you, and helping you be as successful as possible."

« Reply #27 on: September 19, 2006, 04:01:17 PM »
I despise Degrasi.  That show really depicts the average life of a teenager.  NOT, it is all a played out lie, they do not depict normal teenagers at all, well, maybe some.  Like they might depiict the average drama freak, pop-icon, jenny jones-watching, moron.  But other than that, the show pretty much sucks at depicting real teenage life.  If I ever made a show, I would make it about what I think about!!!!!!  Not what other people think about.

Jman

• Score
« Reply #28 on: September 19, 2006, 04:50:07 PM »
heh, I knew reality shows were going to get ripped a new one.  I am surprised to see people ripping very popular shows like Friends and American Idol.  But that just goes to show you that when some crappy reality show becomes the most watched show on television, people will watch anything. 
I always figured "Time to tip the scales" was Wario's everyday motto.

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #29 on: September 19, 2006, 05:03:56 PM »
Sonic Underground is the absolute worst piece of garbage ever vomited out of a DiC boardroom. It's as if they thought that Sonic would appeal to kids if they added in their superfluous madness involving chilli dogs, extra characters, post-apocalyptic metropolises and stupid, stupid hair metal. Really, I wish I knew who thought of combining hair metal and Sonic the Hedgehog so I can meet that person in a dark alley one day.
every

Print