Print

Author Topic: Mushroom Men: Spore Wars  (Read 7952 times)

MushroomJunkie

• He's serious
« on: July 31, 2008, 09:15:33 AM »
I was looking around at new Wii releases and I found this game coming out in the fall that looks really fun.  I'm planning on renting it when it comes out.  Heres a link to the trailer:

http://www.gamespot.com/video/939799/6188460/mushroom-men-the-spore-wars-official-trailer-4
Probably likes Sonic games better than anyone else on the fungi forums.

« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2008, 10:43:24 AM »
Wait, how is MushroomJunkie able to post?

EDIT: Nevermind, his ban has been lifted.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2008, 11:33:17 AM by PaperLuigi »
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

MushroomJunkie

• He's serious
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2008, 11:41:46 AM »
Yes I am not banned anymore.  My account was suspended for a week though.

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2008, 04:35:52 PM »
I didn't actually know we did suspensions. All of the bans I've seen have been permanent.
every

MushroomJunkie

• He's serious
« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2008, 08:07:53 PM »
I don't know.  I just don't want to say anything that will get me in trouble again so I am being very careful right now.

« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2008, 08:18:15 PM »
Mushroom Men: Spore Wars looks like a fun, Legend of Zelda-esque game.  I think I will rent it when it comes out.
Victory... is my destiny!

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2008, 07:49:23 AM »
Yeah, my interest was piqued when I saw in preview for the MM games in Game Informer a few months ago. Thing is, since then, all the games that've come out of Gamecock have been crap, so I'm going to stay indifferent about it until release.
every

« Reply #7 on: August 01, 2008, 08:05:37 AM »
I'm pretty sure MEGABYTE realized that a ban was too far for mistaking a rule.

MushroomJunkie

• He's serious
« Reply #8 on: August 01, 2008, 09:51:07 AM »
Your probably right luigagalaxy.  Anyways I have never heard of red fly or gamecock until this I saw this game.  What games did they used to make?

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #9 on: August 01, 2008, 09:59:46 AM »
I think they used to be Gathering of Developers, which was like a kind of indie game-publishing house, if my memory serves me correctly. I've got a few games published by them that are pretty good. It was sold or whatever sometime in the late-nineties, and the dudes who used to own it have now started Gamecock, which is, for all intents and purposes, the same company. The two games I know of that have been released, Hail to the Chimp and Insecticide, were fairly crappy (Insecticide less so, because it had some good ideas).
every

« Reply #10 on: August 01, 2008, 10:27:44 AM »
That looks like alot of fun I probably wont be here when it comes out though :(
SSBB theme lyrics: I'll be the Marth, Luigi noob, This is Yoshi's B, This monkey wants to hug him. I'll heat the duck, Uigi noob, pooped through the dress this monkey wears to work.

« Reply #11 on: August 01, 2008, 11:43:35 AM »
Quote from: Mushroom Men: Spore Wars (Red Fly Studios)
Rise of the fungi!

We finally have our own game. Though, they took the fungi theme a little too far.

missingno

• ▄█ 'M ▓▒
« Reply #12 on: August 01, 2008, 02:52:21 PM »
I saw some advertisement for it in Nintendo Power, with random trading cards. It looks kind of interesting.
Ditto used Machop!

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #13 on: August 02, 2008, 12:49:31 PM »
every

« Reply #14 on: December 01, 2008, 06:15:55 PM »
:P Whassamatter, Glorb - the use of the word Random not random enough for you or something...
It's simply natural vocabulary evolution, man - the word Random has been abused for years now...it won't end anytime soon, so there's barely any reason to hold it against anyone these days other than for being a grumpy old Goomba. :D

As for the topic:

Mushroom men and Dangerous Creatures are two games that have my attentions for the Wii. I've acquired a PS3 lately, and I need something entirely off the wall {sparing Glorb further punishment there} to entice me back to my poor underused white box of joy!
I want Mushroom men to be good, I really do...it looks gorgeous, and sounds intriguing as a whole - but wii owners always keep getting bitten in the butt for believing something will be good on release, though! D:
All worlds shall soon be ruled by the one...Count Bleck!

Print