Print

Author Topic: The HOPEFUL thread: Be happy here!  (Read 1267198 times)

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #5940 on: May 12, 2014, 05:38:40 AM »

Well, unless Eva Green rolls into town, I'll only have eyes for five weeks of international and comparative law.
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

« Reply #5941 on: May 13, 2014, 04:56:49 PM »
I got a first generation iPod today. The mechanical click wheel is fun.

« Reply #5942 on: June 01, 2014, 04:08:59 PM »
The school year ends on Friday, I'm getting my permit on Wednesday, I'm getting Mario Kart 8 either this weekend or next week(end?), and E3 is coming up soon. HYPE
Relics.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #5943 on: June 05, 2014, 10:16:24 AM »
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ObURLnfQxi4" target="_blank">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ObURLnfQxi4</a>

Badwords warning.

Don't get me wrong, I think exclusives are a good thing. Exclusives should be the bullet points that a console boasts. If every console had numerous awesome exclusives that the console makers shelled out thick dough to make and keep, maybe games would be better all-around.

But we don't really live in that world, and I'm allowed to be happy that the One existing reason that I would want an Xbox One is instead becoming a reason to be glad I put together my own gaming PC. Maybe it's thinking like that, and not thinking that one game is worth buying a console for, that created this world. Well, what can be done about it.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #5944 on: June 05, 2014, 03:22:12 PM »
The school year ends on Friday, I'm getting my permit on Wednesday, I'm getting Mario Kart 8 either this weekend or next week(end?), and E3 is coming up soon. HYPE
Please don't drive right after a long Mario Kart 8 session.  I'm hopeful that you will be safe. 
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #5946 on: June 30, 2014, 11:37:45 PM »
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #5947 on: August 10, 2014, 01:35:29 PM »
It's been a while, so let's go over recent-ish purchases, now that I've had a job again for about two months:

Per platform:
PlayStation:
Omega Boost. Very cool mech shooter by Polyphonic Digital, before they stopped being allowed to make anything other than Gran Turismo games. :(
Tetris Plus. Tetris with some extra game modes. Not really much to say here; I already owned the Game Boy version of Tetris Plus, but the PSX version was $3, so I went ahead and picked it up.

PSP:
Metal Gear Solid: Portable Ops. One of the only games in the series I didn't own.

Xbox:
OutRun 2. One of my all-time favorite games. No, I don't own an original Xbox, and OutRun 2 doesn't work very well on an Xbox 360; my plan is to pick up an Xbox as soon as I can find one at a local store, but it's pretty difficult because they tend to sell immediately.

Genesis:
Ecco the Dolphin. Slowly building up my collection of iconic Genesis titles!

Super Famicom:
The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past. Duh.
Super Puyo Puyo Tsuu Remix. The enhanced SFC version of Puyo Puyo Tsuu, the best version of the Puyo Puyo ruleset.
Kirby's Dream Course. Continuing my neverending quest to own every Kirby game.
Kirby's Dream Land 3. Featuring ridiculous puzzle-solving on par with point-and-click adventures!

GBC:
Wario Land 3. A puzzle platformer unlike any other, which saddens me because there's some amazing stuff going on in this game's design. I didn't own a copy of it for some reason, but that's no longer a problem.

GBA:
GBA SP. I already had an OG GBA, but I wanted something I could properly carry around with me without worrying about being able to see the screen. This is the revision with the brighter backlight.
Mega Man Battle Network 3 White. Hoping to find a copy of Blue as well at some point.
Castlevania: Circle of the Moon. Oddly enough, I prefer this over Aria of Sorrow, mainly because I'd rather play games that are more like Metroid than Castlevania: Symphony of the Night these days, and CotM fits the bill.
Lady Sia. Obscure platformer from the GBA's launch. It's pretty average, but it was free. Also, this is the European version, which is exactly the same game, but has a better label than the NA version.
Game & Watch Gallery 4. Not much to say here.

DS:
Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Sky. I played the crap out of the original PMD, and played a bit of one of the first versions of Explorers, but never really got into it. After some people in IRC gushed about Explorers of Sky being the best game in the series, I ended up picking up a copy and have been playing it on and off since then. It's good stuff!

3DS:
The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds. I caught a few minutes of this game during a speedrun marathon recently and immediately decided I had to buy it; a pricematched BOGO deal allowed me to pick up this and the other 3DS game here for $40 total. I'll play this as soon as I finish replaying A Link to the Past, which I haven't touched in close to a decade.
Kirby Triple Deluxe. I wish people had told me how good this game is sooner! (More stuff about this coming up when I get 100% completion and post in the Father's Day challenge thread.)

Other:
S-video cables for Saturn and Dreamcast. I had to replace my Dreamcast's S-video cable because the connector broke, and I only had a standard composite cable for my Saturn.
Puzzle & Dragons: Capture! Metal Dragon Dungeon. A deckbuilding card game (along the lines of Dominion) based on Puzzle & Dragons, an incredibly popular mobile RPG I've been playing since March. I'm working with another P&D player who bought the card game to get the cards and rules translated.

Not pictured: various digital purchases, the laptop I'm picking up on Friday.

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #5948 on: August 10, 2014, 04:27:39 PM »
Going out with an actress in NYC on the daily, so I've got that going for me.

« Reply #5949 on: August 11, 2014, 02:03:46 PM »
And actress, or an "actress"?
YYur  waYur n beYur you Yur plusYur instYur an Yur Yur whaYur

« Reply #5950 on: August 11, 2014, 05:59:22 PM »
I think an "actress" because aren't they all supposed to be called actor regardless of sex?

« Reply #5951 on: August 11, 2014, 06:55:16 PM »
Please don't drive right after a long Mario Kart 8 session.  I'm hopeful that you will be safe.

I failed the permit test, actually! My friends all have permits now, but at least I attempted a test first...
>tfw gf (for over a month now)
Relics.

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #5952 on: August 11, 2014, 08:07:12 PM »
Well, yes, I'll admit I'm being generous with the term, but a handful of TV shows, a lesser Broadway play, and the occasional TV ad is still a more impressive resume than all of my exes combined.

CrossEyed7

• i can make this whatever i want; you're not my dad
« Reply #5953 on: August 11, 2014, 09:53:22 PM »
Have you anonymously added "Is currently dating award-winning author Trevor White" to the Trivia section of her IMDB page yet?
« Last Edit: August 11, 2014, 09:55:07 PM by CrossEyed7 »
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #5954 on: August 15, 2014, 07:31:53 PM »
Ha! Well, okay, I'll admit she's still not even that renowned, but the point is whether or not this thing works out once I move back to Ithaca, it's extraordinarily refreshing to have a woman both openly recognize all the positive traits I know I possess and back it up with physical intimacy.

Print