Print

Author Topic: Tetris Attack SNES question  (Read 5379 times)

« on: December 03, 2008, 08:26:27 PM »
Was there a way to unlock a secret options menu?
ROM hacking with a slice of life.

« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2008, 06:09:41 AM »
I don't believe so.  What kind of options are you looking for?

« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2008, 01:53:28 PM »
I remember extra settings being available. I wanted to make a PAR code that enables them always by comparing the two values.

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2008, 02:09:33 PM »
Do you by chance mean the settings listed on this page?

« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2008, 08:37:07 PM »
No I'm pretty sure it is in the options menu.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2008, 10:15:22 PM »
I've had TA for SNES for about ten years and I have no idea what you're talking about.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

Captain Jim

• TwinklyMuffin
« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2008, 05:32:26 AM »
No! I don't want that!

« Reply #7 on: December 06, 2008, 08:12:15 PM »
I do remember accessing it a few years ago. Anyone know how to access the options in Tetris & Dr. Mario? I have info on this.

« Reply #8 on: December 06, 2008, 10:20:00 PM »
Don't just stop there.  Spill it.

« Reply #9 on: December 07, 2008, 09:15:42 AM »
Ok, here goes. When I was hacking the game like crazy I found that not only do Tetris and Dr. Mario has unused or inaccessible option menus that can only be accessed via a PAR code. Then a few minutes later I tried the same method on Mixed-Match with no results so I assumed there was the only one option for that game but then I made another code that modifies certain addresses so that when you are at the Tetris Title screen you would then turn the code on and instead of going to the Tetris options you would be directed to the Mixed-Match secret options so I was asking myself why would they remove these or how would you normally access them without this code? I'm not sure at all how to access it. I do remember that one of my friends told me like ten or so years ago that you can access them by beating the games computers in quantity based on their difficulty like you would have to beat easy once, medium twice and hard three times and you'd see a rocket exploding at the title screen.

Later that day found another code that let's you get a Tetris debug menu, not options. I struck yet another gold mine! I also found one more interesting thing that day; you know the game BS DR. Mario (J), right? Well all it is is Tetris and Dr. Mario with the back B button disabled and a pointer to start you at the Dr. Mario Title screen. I'm not going into business explaining why Nintendo did that and sold it to the Japanese public. Now you can access the full version of Tetris & Dr. Mario by using the Dr. Mario debug code. You can only use it once then you'll have to reset BS Dr. Mario to play the full version if you select Dr. Mario because the back command is still disabled and have not yet created a code that re-enables it. I'm working on that.

Here are the codes
Tetris Options (just press start at the title screen)
7E1E1B03

Dr. Mario options
7E1E7203

Mixed-Match options 2
Turn On At Tetris to activate Debug Menu 1 (Since this is the only way to Access it, you will have to enter Tetris with the code off then it on at the title screen. Do not enter Difficulty Setup or you will be transported to the Mix-Match Title.)
7E1E1B03
7E1E0E02

Also forgot this one
Tetris debug menu
7E1E0E09

You can find these and my other new codes at
http://board.gscentral.org/showthread.php?t=5894&page=12

« Last Edit: December 07, 2008, 12:00:27 PM by nensondubois »

« Reply #10 on: December 07, 2008, 02:04:09 PM »
I'll check those out sometime.  Never noticed that Tetris & Dr. Mario and BS Dr. Mario were the same size, but not NP Dr. Mario.

« Reply #11 on: December 07, 2008, 07:52:05 PM »
Dr. Mario NP is different, yes.

Print