Print

Author Topic: All right now who do ya want in Smash Bros. 4  (Read 35843 times)

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #30 on: May 01, 2011, 07:09:01 PM »
You really COULD come up with a workable moveset for Toad,  Ice Balls, propellor blocks, veggie pluckin' with differences from Her Highness' tossed in there like bombs or slow shells, stuff and stuff NOT from Wario's effing Woods. Toad's no more generic than Yoshi is. Just a smaller fanbase and only one starring role.

Toadsworth belongs in the trophy gallery man, use your head. He hasn't even been in a main Mario game since, what, NSMBDS? I think he's an okay character but he's an old pacifistic man who probably has fungal hemorrhoids

Bowser Jr. wouldn't be too bad an add either (I think Bowser himself is due for a move overhaul), and I don't think adding both him and Toad to the Mario characters who were in Brawl would be too much or too imbalanced. Mario is huge, after all.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #31 on: May 01, 2011, 07:22:31 PM »
Mario is huge, after all.

He's just big-boned.
YYur  waYur n beYur you Yur plusYur instYur an Yur Yur whaYur

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #32 on: May 01, 2011, 07:42:17 PM »
What's your excuse
It's YOUR problem!

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #33 on: May 01, 2011, 08:07:16 PM »
If they added Bowser Jr., I would want instead of alt colors, he would have skins of the other Koopalings, because it would annoy people who hate Jr. and want them back.

That wouldn't work at all. Kinda hard to make a skin out of a character roughly three times larger than you.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #34 on: May 01, 2011, 09:00:49 PM »
He said skins; recoloring Bowser Jr. to look like his bros in his alts is a realistic idea. If they wanted to be REALLY cool they'd give his pink one shades and his blue one glasses.

But for some reason only the Pokémon get varying models and they only get four alternates, lazy-ass artists at Nintendo
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #35 on: May 01, 2011, 09:44:41 PM »
What's your excuse

* All this cyber-bullying is killing Weegee on the inside

« Reply #36 on: May 02, 2011, 05:02:21 PM »
You really COULD come up with a workable moveset for Toad,  Ice Balls, propellor blocks, veggie pluckin' with differences from Her Highness' tossed in there like bombs or slow shells, stuff and stuff NOT from Wario's effing Woods. Toad's no more generic than Yoshi is. Just a smaller fanbase and only one starring role.

Toadsworth belongs in the trophy gallery man, use your head. He hasn't even been in a main Mario game since, what, NSMBDS? I think he's an okay character but he's an old pacifistic man who probably has fungal hemorrhoids

Bowser Jr. wouldn't be too bad an add either (I think Bowser himself is due for a move overhaul), and I don't think adding both him and Toad to the Mario characters who were in Brawl would be too much or too imbalanced. Mario is huge, after all.

I agree with all that, but why not add stuff from Wario's Woods? His vB could also pull out bombs on occasion, with the same power of Link or Toon Link's bombs.

Final Smash: I.. don't know.. :(
I thought one time that the battlefield taking on the look of Toad's House from SMB3 would work, but that just reinforces the Toad is generic arguement (not every single one of those houses is Toads..)
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #37 on: May 02, 2011, 05:57:03 PM »
why not add stuff from Wario's Woods?

Because nobody cares about it.

Final Smash, well. You could take the NSMBW references/extension of Mario's powers concept further and give him a real Starman or maybe stretch it a little and give him a Mega Mushroom. Pick a box. Now think outside of it.

Also, I like to think Toad the character IS in every SMB3/NSMBW Mushroom House, like how Mumbo apparently has 15 or so houses in Banjo-Kazooie and -Tooie spread through the levels.

Now... how about Tetra
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #38 on: May 02, 2011, 05:58:28 PM »
She could be Toon Zelda's alternate form.

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #39 on: May 02, 2011, 07:04:49 PM »
Old Toad moveset I came up with to the best of my memory:

A - Kick
Side A - Side Kick
Down A - Low Kick
Up A - Small Headbutt

Side Smash - Headbutt
Down Smash - Breakdance Headbutt (kinda like Wario's)
Up Smash - Upward Headbutt

Air - Kick
Forward Air - Rolling Headbutt (kinda like Yoshi's)
Back Air - Falling Headbutt (again, kinda like Wario's)
Down Air - Head Dive (works like Link's downward thrust)
Up Air - Flipping Headbutt

Running A - Head Slide (kinda like Dedede's)

Grab - SMB2 Lift
Grab A -  Ground slam (like repeatedly lifting and putting down an object in Wario's Woods)
Forward Throw - SMB2 Throw
Back Throw - Reverse SMB2 Throw
Down Throw - Stack Escape (based on Wario's Woods where Toad teleports to the top of a stack of objects)
Up Throw - Headbutt Launch

B - Mushroom Cap (hides under a giant Mushroom Cap. Works similarly to Peach's B move. Based on the ending to World 6 in SMAS)
Side B - (I honestly can't remember. I think it might've had something to do with spores)
Down B - Vegetable (Same as Peach's Down B, except Toad can also get Bombs, Shells, Stopwatches or POW Blocks)
Up B - Either Power Squat Jump (based on the SMB2 move) or Propeller Jump (based on the Propeller Suit from NSMBWii). I can't remember which.

Final Smash - Giant Vegetable from SMA. You only have one shot at hitting all the other players in succession and causing massive damage.

« Reply #40 on: May 03, 2011, 03:48:49 AM »
Toad?

I would also not be totally opposed to Waluigi making an appearance. It'd be a good opportunity to flesh out what little character he has.

But more than characters, I think what SSB4 needs is an image overhaul. As much as I liked the orchestra music in SSBB, the story mode seemed to be taking itself a bit too seriously, and for what is in essence part of a multiplayer party game, it seemed a bit out of place. Despite all of the accolades previously given to the writers, it just seemed to flow like a badly-written fanfiction. Let the game have a bit of fun in its single player and let the writers take the **** out of it a bit.
If my son could decimate Lego cities with his genitals, I'd be [darn] proud.

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #41 on: May 03, 2011, 10:39:20 AM »
I've been saying for a while that the next SSB should have an enhanced version of Melee's Adventure Mode rather than a full-on story mode.

I'd also be in favor of it having multiple Adventure Modes a la Kirby Super Star (since that seems to be where the whole "game within a game" thing surrounding tSsE comes from). One can be like the original where you just progress from one stage to the next. One can have a map like tSsE did. One can be a Metroidvania (rather than having "The Great Maze" be a stage within the main mode, which was a load of bull), and the last one....I dunno, but it would have to shake things up quite a bit.

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #42 on: May 03, 2011, 12:18:25 PM »
He throws math or word problems at you and you have to press the correct button or sequence. 

He throws AC items and you. 

“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

« Reply #43 on: May 03, 2011, 12:36:48 PM »
I'd really like to see Ridley but the problem is that he's just too big compared to other characters.

*shrug*

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #44 on: May 03, 2011, 03:19:02 PM »
Neither of those are how the characters are most consistently portrayed, though.

"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

Print