Print

Author Topic: Happy New Year!  (Read 7181 times)

« on: December 31, 2007, 11:17:00 PM »
So, right now, in my timezone, it's 2008. So, how's 2008 so far? Got any New years resolutions?

I wish they would set the clock back a couple of minutes. I missed the countdown >:(. Otherwise, the year has been pretty good to me.

As for resolutions, if we can try to refund our broken exercise equipment, I would like to start a new exercise routine. So, how about the rest of you?
In Soviet Russia, Pokemon chooses you!

« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2007, 11:20:23 PM »
I've only experienced 12 minutes of 2008, so nothing has happened to me, yet.
"Be yourself. Everyone else is taken."

N64 Chick

• one ticked chick
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2007, 11:28:20 PM »
I watched the countdown via Animal Crossing: Wild World. I guess my resolution would be to learn to cook something besides ramen on the stove.
Fangirling over Luigi since 1999.

« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2008, 12:08:40 AM »
My first word in the new year was "whooooooo!"
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

MaxVance

• Vance Vance Revolution
« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2008, 12:15:32 AM »
I watched the countdown via Animal Crossing: Wild World.
Me too. I've done this for three years straight and have been announcing the time remaining in #tmk for two years.
Remember that your first Goomba boldly you walk? When Mario touched that mushroom being brought up more largely remember that you are surprised? Miscalculate your jump that pit remember that it falls?

Mr. Melee

• DUUUUDES!!!
« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2008, 12:39:21 AM »
My friends and I all toasted with pop after the ball dropped. I had just seconds before 2008 asked where the toaster and bread was, but there was none :(.

But yes, this new year, I pray, will be an excellent one. Hopefully I'll be able to eat better foods, exercise more consistently (try every day), get along with everyone, and conquer OCD/my too fast brain.
[22:36:29] <Mr_Melee> The day I sell my soul will be the day I sell my hair.
[22:36:44] <SolidShroom> So when you go back to Christian School?

Koopaslaya

• Kansas
« Reply #6 on: January 01, 2008, 12:57:48 AM »
Every day is the beginning of a new year for me. This is the only time the numbers change.
Εὐθύνατε τὴν ὁδὸν Κυρίου

« Reply #7 on: January 01, 2008, 01:25:45 AM »
This year rocks. I'm sitting with family sipping a glass of bubbly. No girl to kiss though :(

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #8 on: January 01, 2008, 02:21:03 AM »
My resolution is to stop visiting the Fungi Forums. Later, everyone.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #9 on: January 01, 2008, 02:42:41 AM »
No New Year's resolution for me. My goal for the year carries on from 2007, and hopefully I won't sit on my thumbs anymore now that I've taken initiative.

Also, I plan on being even more successful and thus more self centered.
As a game that requires six friends, an HDTV, and skill, I can see why the majority of TMK is going to hate on it hard.

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #10 on: January 01, 2008, 02:50:51 AM »
My resolutions are to play more DDR and to get a job.

Suffix

• Steamed
« Reply #11 on: January 01, 2008, 04:07:44 AM »
My resolution is to study more diligently. My scholarships depend on it! There's no room for error this semester!

SolidShroom

• Poop Man
« Reply #12 on: January 01, 2008, 10:08:21 AM »
My resolution is to get a job, stop being so depressing and cynical, and to stop being a hardcore procrastinator.

MaxVance

• Vance Vance Revolution
« Reply #13 on: January 01, 2008, 10:21:11 AM »
1280x800.
Remember that your first Goomba boldly you walk? When Mario touched that mushroom being brought up more largely remember that you are surprised? Miscalculate your jump that pit remember that it falls?

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #14 on: January 01, 2008, 11:55:42 AM »
Every day is the beginning of a new year for me. This is the only time the numbers change.
Well put.

I resolve nothing, but I'd just like to say that--for me, at least--2007 sucked. My baby cousin lost the top of her finger and got MRSA, there was a massive, tri-county-wide flood that basically took out my grandparent's farm, and my great-grandma died--and this was all in the last three months! And, of course, there was the California wildfires, Virginia Tech, the Minneanapolis bridge collapsing... Well, at least there was plenty of great Wii/DS games to get me through it... oh, wait, there wasn't. Nevermind.
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

Print