Print

Author Topic: What was your first non-Mario game?  (Read 19614 times)

Koopaslaya

• Kansas
« Reply #15 on: January 03, 2008, 11:27:33 PM »
I think mine was Burger Time for the NES... but it might have been Adventure Island 2. I do remember, however, that my first 3 games ever were Super Mario 1, 2, and 3.
Εὐθύνατε τὴν ὁδὸν Κυρίου

Kuromatsu

• 黒松
« Reply #16 on: January 04, 2008, 12:19:45 AM »
It was one of my first memories, "Power Quest" for the GBC.

I remember it as if it were yesterday... My Brother got it for Christmas and I was like, "that Gameboy is SO uncool!" Little did I know, that I kept on stalking him and asking him if I could play it, but he wouldn't let me have it. It wasn't until he left it in one spot to go get a snack when I stole it and played it in the bathroom. It was then that I was first ever introducted to... VIDEO GAMES...

What a story...

Kimimaru

• Max Stats
« Reply #17 on: January 05, 2008, 09:32:02 PM »
The first game I ever played was Sonic 3 for Sega Genesis.
The Mario series is the best! It has every genre in video games but RTS'! It also has a plumber who does different roles, a princess, and a lot of odd creatures who don't seem to poop!

« Reply #18 on: January 05, 2008, 10:06:42 PM »
I think mine was Frogger. Or was it Ms Pac Man? Those games are fun.
One Ring to rule them all. One Ring to find them. One Ring to bring them all and in the darkness bind them.

« Reply #19 on: January 06, 2008, 05:04:34 AM »
It was one of my first memories, "Power Quest" for the GBC.

Boy does this make me feel old!  I still think of Game Boy Color as a fairly recent development.
Mega 2
Cybernetic Abiogenesis Project

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #20 on: January 06, 2008, 10:00:56 AM »
Although I'm not sure which I played first, Commander Keen and Duke Nukem were my first games.
every

Mr. Melee

• DUUUUDES!!!
« Reply #21 on: January 06, 2008, 10:17:46 AM »
I believe it may have been Yoshi's Island for the SNES. That may even be the first game I ever played at all, unless I had discovered my mom's Coleco portable arcade version of Donkey Kong in the closet.
[22:36:29] <Mr_Melee> The day I sell my soul will be the day I sell my hair.
[22:36:44] <SolidShroom> So when you go back to Christian School?

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #22 on: January 06, 2008, 12:59:10 PM »
I think maybe the Dragon Warrior games on the NES (never could get ahold of II, though...).
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

« Reply #23 on: January 06, 2008, 01:27:05 PM »
Psst, Melee dude, those are Mario games.

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #24 on: January 06, 2008, 03:17:33 PM »
Something on Atari 5200.  My grandparents bought us the system and nearly a dozen games for Christmas when I was a kid.  I may have played something at our local arcade earlier though. 
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #25 on: January 06, 2008, 03:23:39 PM »
Well, now that I think about it, it could've been a Texas Instruments game... I dunno... but the first game/console I officially played/owned was a SNES and Yoshi's Island.
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

« Reply #26 on: January 06, 2008, 08:52:34 PM »
I think maybe the Dragon Warrior games on the NES (never could get ahold of II, though...).

Does it strike anyone else as odd that the "Dragon Warrior" games were huge back in the day, but are hardly ever mentioned today?  I wonder why that series didn't stick around the way "Legend of Zelda" and "Final Fantasy" have.
Mega 2
Cybernetic Abiogenesis Project

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #27 on: January 06, 2008, 09:14:56 PM »
Didn't you hear? They started using the Japanese name (Dragon Quest) over here a while back (DQ5, I think). Believe me, that series is still sticking around plenty.

« Reply #28 on: January 07, 2008, 12:19:07 PM »
I can't remember that far back so i'm chossing to do a few which i think are quite old.

NFS 3 for the pc
Legend of zelda the minish cap for the GBA
and 1 other GBA game
Signutre for sale. Good condion.buy for US$5.00

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #29 on: January 07, 2008, 12:58:37 PM »
Actually Dragon Quest VIII was the first American release to use the original name. Dragon Quest V and VI didn't make it over here due to Enix USA closing down, while Dragon Warrior VII was released for PSX.
That was a joke.

Print