Print

Author Topic: The ANGST thread: Complain here!  (Read 1695687 times)

« Reply #3870 on: January 05, 2008, 07:08:09 PM »
Ahh dissonance.

I remember intentionally creating dissonance in band to annoy the people around me. It was quite funny.
"Be yourself. Everyone else is taken."

Mr. Melee

• DUUUUDES!!!
« Reply #3871 on: January 05, 2008, 07:13:57 PM »
Our house was just egged by some random people we couldn't see. This just makes me so mad because it proves the level of immaturity people can have. No one is cool just because they can randomly walk up, throw some eggs at a person's hard-earned house, and leave. So now I've had my house invaded and humiliated. I just wish people would get a brain and learn some respect.

All of this makes me get closer to agreeing with my father to take shotgun lessons, in case anything like this would happen again.
[22:36:29] <Mr_Melee> The day I sell my soul will be the day I sell my hair.
[22:36:44] <SolidShroom> So when you go back to Christian School?

« Reply #3872 on: January 05, 2008, 07:15:55 PM »
So you're gonna shoot someone if they egg your house? :/
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

Mr. Melee

• DUUUUDES!!!
« Reply #3873 on: January 05, 2008, 07:17:24 PM »
Not necessarily. If I see someone with eggs ready to launch, or if I notice someone trying to break in/breaking in to my house, I'll show them the shotgun and threaten them. Seems like violence is the only thing these idiots around here can understand. My ideal situation would be to knock them unconscious and give them a pamphlet about God.
[22:36:29] <Mr_Melee> The day I sell my soul will be the day I sell my hair.
[22:36:44] <SolidShroom> So when you go back to Christian School?

« Reply #3874 on: January 05, 2008, 07:19:33 PM »
Seems like something I'd see if I was somewhere in the deep South....

But Melee, as I told you earlier, things like this can return to normal quite quickly. My old house in Valley Stream was the victim of eggings and burglaries. We called the cops, cleaned up the house, and replaced the shattered glass, and things got back to normal within a couple of days.

People here know me as a person who likes to act as if conflicts never even happened once they're resolved. My whole family is like that. We didn't even think about the events of that day a mere week after it happened.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2008, 07:29:50 PM by Vidgmchtr »

Koopaslaya

• Kansas
« Reply #3875 on: January 05, 2008, 07:33:01 PM »
I remember intentionally creating dissonance in band to annoy the people around me. It was quite funny.

In grade school band, we were not especially fond of our director. As eighth graders, we would often plot to annoy the director in any way we could as a form of rebellion to the ridiculously easy and childish arrangements that we played of cool songs (007 Theme, Fiddler on the Roof Medley, Walt Disney Medley, Cartoon Theme Medley, [I think that the theme was shows and showtunes, or something like that.]) Anyway, before rehearsal would begin, I fondly remember meeting with the other eighth graders behind the risers in the band room. We would plot to do the funniest things. We would play the legato sections in staccato. The sections marked pianissimo would be played at a forte accent. Eventually, we worked our way up to something along the lines of this. We would each pick our own note, and play it on the final upbeat of the 5th measure or something obscure like that. It was so funny, because she would think that we didn't know what the markings meant or didn't know the fingerings for the notes. High school band was much more professional, of course, but so was the director.
Εὐθύνατε τὴν ὁδὸν Κυρίου

« Reply #3876 on: January 05, 2008, 07:46:22 PM »
Well, as fun as it was to create dissonance, I never did it when I had to act serious and play like I was supposed to.

One of my conductors in high school, a short, flamboyant, nerdy Jewish man, was often poked fun at behind his back, and I always felt terrible that a man who wanted to be serious and make good music would constantly have to stop and yell at the idiots who did that. I wanted to make pretty music myself, and in our private lessons he was quite wowed at my skills and knowledge of music, as well as the fact that I liked to listen to recordings of pieces I was going to perform.

In my senior year, when I helped out in the ensemble that had such students, the newest conductor noticed a difference in the expressions on my faces. She saw the happy, amused look on my face in the ensemble I was normally in, as well as the frustrated, annoyed look on my face in the band I helped out in.

MaxVance

• Vance Vance Revolution
« Reply #3877 on: January 05, 2008, 11:55:02 PM »
Seems like something I'd see if I was somewhere in the deep South....
Luckily I haven't heard of such incidents around here.
Remember that your first Goomba boldly you walk? When Mario touched that mushroom being brought up more largely remember that you are surprised? Miscalculate your jump that pit remember that it falls?

« Reply #3878 on: January 06, 2008, 12:39:53 AM »
Me neither, though I have heard of grandmothers with guns shooting robbers.
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

Jman

• Score
« Reply #3879 on: January 06, 2008, 06:05:38 PM »
Not necessarily. If I see someone with eggs ready to launch, or if I notice someone trying to break in/breaking in to my house, I'll show them the shotgun and threaten them. Seems like violence is the only thing these idiots around here can understand. My ideal situation would be to knock them unconscious and give them a pamphlet about God.

Eh, I've got a better alternative.  Get 'em with the gardenhose.  Better yet, if it's winter, ice the driveway.  Believe me, a head or elbow slamming on the ice hurts like heck.
I always figured "Time to tip the scales" was Wario's everyday motto.

« Reply #3880 on: January 06, 2008, 06:06:47 PM »
Me neither, though I have heard of grandmothers with guns shooting robbers.
What the crap?!  I've heard of impatient grandmothers being hit by trains but this is different...
Let's burn some stuff and call it science.

Shyguy92

• Ridicules
« Reply #3881 on: January 06, 2008, 06:49:04 PM »
Egg em' back! Use a slingshot!
"it's always the present"

« Reply #3882 on: January 06, 2008, 07:12:56 PM »
The egg slingshot should be a weapon in the new Zelda game.  You would have to get the eggs from the Cucco's though... that might be difficult.

megamush

• Infinite member error
« Reply #3883 on: January 07, 2008, 07:27:18 AM »
future Zelda minigame?!
What ever you do don't press Ctrl-W

« Reply #3884 on: January 07, 2008, 09:10:39 AM »
Future Zelda awesomeness.

Print