Print

Author Topic: The HOPEFUL thread: Be happy here!  (Read 1260064 times)

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #4890 on: February 08, 2010, 05:47:26 PM »
You had me at, "Dark social satire."
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

« Reply #4891 on: February 13, 2010, 12:19:02 AM »
I saw Pixar's film "Up". And it was awesome. I'm now crazy about Kevin the bird.

But now the question is, is it my favorite Pixar film? My previous favorite was Ratatouille. I don't know... I think Up had a lot more of an emotional punch and better visuals, an even greater attention to detail. Ratatouille had Remy who I adored... but Up has Kevin! Come on! No contest! So I'll tentatively say Up is my new favorite Pixar film.

I tend to take "favorite Pixar film" somewhat seriously since they're all of such great quality that it really takes something special to make one of them stand out. Ratatouille managed that with some sort of magic quality I couldn't pin down. And now Up has managed it with great emotional power, fantastic animation quality, and the cute sounds that Kevin makes.
You didn't say wot wot.

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #4892 on: February 16, 2010, 07:32:18 PM »
So, I found out today when I was buying a soda that EA and Dr Pepper have started their new promotion, which involves inputting codes found on Dr Pepper twenty-ounce bottle caps to get free stuff in EA's games. Normally this kind of thing wouldn't affect me, but...one of the games that's part of the promotion is Spore.

For whatever reason, I was being completely pessimistic about this whole thing. First I was expecting it to just give me something at random, which would've been useless for three out of four games. Nope - you get to pick which game you want a prize for. Then, for whatever reason, I was expecting it to give me one creature part per code, so that I'd have to buy a dozen sodas to get everything - but I was wrong there too. One cap got me the entire Bot Parts Pack. And it's just stuck there on my EA account, so I don't even have to load up Spore and activate it in-game or anything.

So this means I don't have to worry about this promotion after this unless they decide to release more parts packs as part of it. Which, if they don't make it a pain to deal with, I'll gladly snap up.

« Reply #4893 on: February 22, 2010, 04:44:57 PM »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1CUEp94UghY

Undertaker is so badass for taking that and still competing in that match.
As a game that requires six friends, an HDTV, and skill, I can see why the majority of TMK is going to hate on it hard.

foxmccloudfan

• Guess who's banned!!!
« Reply #4894 on: February 27, 2010, 01:33:22 PM »
Oh my god! i finally finished my animal cruelty report!!!
Guess who's back!!!

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #4895 on: February 28, 2010, 11:49:36 AM »
Animals...or humanimals?
every

« Reply #4896 on: February 28, 2010, 12:27:04 PM »
That "song" is terribly annoying to my sober ears.
YYur  waYur n beYur you Yur plusYur instYur an Yur Yur whaYur

foxmccloudfan

• Guess who's banned!!!
« Reply #4897 on: February 28, 2010, 12:28:47 PM »
k
Guess who's back!!!

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #4898 on: March 03, 2010, 04:46:03 PM »
Just took advantage of this week's Midweek Madness deal on Steam to pick up Altitude, Bob Came In Pieces, Bullet Candy (I wrote about its sequel/remake, Bullet Candy Perfect, a few months ago), Galcon Fusion, Gridrunner Revolution, Space Giraffe, and Super Laser Racer for $10.

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #4899 on: March 03, 2010, 06:44:45 PM »
« Last Edit: March 04, 2010, 09:09:12 AM by Turtlekid1 »
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

« Reply #4900 on: March 04, 2010, 05:05:50 AM »
Went to work. Felt loved. Finished 2 papers and almost finished newsletters.
Today was a good day.
"I don't know why they're called boyshorts! Boys don't wear shorts that short!" - Mitchie

« Reply #4901 on: March 04, 2010, 05:36:22 PM »
Pt_Peach returned.
Today was a good day.
YYur  waYur n beYur you Yur plusYur instYur an Yur Yur whaYur

N64 Chick

• one ticked chick
« Reply #4902 on: March 05, 2010, 01:16:09 AM »
I am in a good mood, for I have double-star ranked all the cups in Mario Kart Wii.

Maybe now I won't stay up so late at night. Heh.
Fangirling over Luigi since 1999.

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #4903 on: March 06, 2010, 01:54:16 PM »
Today was a good day.
Today was a good day.
The worm has turned, gentlemen! (Alternate joke: something about Ice Cube)

In other news, driving home from a movie with my new girlfriend listening to Foo Fighters and waking up the next day at noon feels awesomer than anything I've felt in a while.
every

« Reply #4904 on: March 08, 2010, 08:50:28 PM »
I recently changed my major to philosophy. :D
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

Print