Print

Author Topic: The HOPEFUL thread: Be happy here!  (Read 1266852 times)

« Reply #5010 on: April 24, 2010, 01:21:08 PM »
Ugh. The gameplay is practically identical, but such is the case for NSMB and NSMBWii as well. Would you apply the same criticism to them, then?
YYur  waYur n beYur you Yur plusYur instYur an Yur Yur whaYur

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #5011 on: April 24, 2010, 02:02:14 PM »
No. For platformers, identical gameplay is a good thing. The criticism being applied here would be applicable to New Super Mario Bros. and New Super Mario Bros. Wii if they had the exact same levels in addition to identical gameplay. Meanwhile, main-series Pokémon games all feature the same plot progression in addition to being mechanically identical, which is a bad thing for a JRPG.

CrossEyed7

• i can make this whatever i want; you're not my dad
« Reply #5012 on: April 25, 2010, 08:41:03 PM »
My girlfriend just got an upper ear piercing. In a dorm lounge. With a safety pin. And she's leaving the safety pin in there. And then we kissed. And somehow no alcohol was involved in any of that.
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

« Reply #5013 on: April 25, 2010, 08:52:20 PM »
My girlfriend just got an upper ear piercing. In a dorm lounge. With a safety pin.

Lawl, domestic violence

Sorry.

CrossEyed7

« Reply #5014 on: April 25, 2010, 09:09:42 PM »
...Now that you mention it, you could read it that way, couldn't you? Hm.
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #5015 on: April 25, 2010, 10:42:58 PM »
No alcohol to disinfect the wound?
That was a joke.

CrossEyed7

« Reply #5016 on: April 25, 2010, 11:00:42 PM »
They mostly used hydrogen peroxide, but there was some rubbing alcohol there too now that I think about it. No one drank it, though.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #5017 on: April 25, 2010, 11:34:28 PM »
That's probably good
That was a joke.

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #5018 on: April 26, 2010, 04:28:06 AM »
Oh jesus safety pins in ears arrgh.

Seriously, F that.
every

« Reply #5019 on: April 29, 2010, 02:20:31 PM »
The upcoming Simon & Garfunkel concert, which I was going to miss because of our class trip to New York, has been rescheduled for July 21, meaning that I can see them after all.

**** yeah.

Hacker Pikachu 25

• Technicolor nightmare
« Reply #5020 on: May 01, 2010, 02:25:13 PM »
I got a kitty. It is fuzzy.
Klonoa is the best game I've played YET!!!

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #5021 on: May 02, 2010, 07:16:59 PM »
Finally started--and beat--Portal. Got a ways into Uncharted 2, as well.

It's been a few months since I've seriously played any videogames...
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

« Reply #5022 on: May 03, 2010, 10:16:03 AM »
I'm back to World 9 in New SMB, and my data is coming along in Brawl. Animal Crossing is an ongoing project (as always), and I have yet to restart Mario Kart Wii.

I'm happily just chugging along. :)
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

« Reply #5023 on: May 03, 2010, 12:23:39 PM »
Your dedication is admirable, Toad. I'd never have the patience for such an undertaking as remaking my progress in Animal Crossing.

As a suggestion, an SD card might be a good investment this time around, lest the same fate befall your data again.

CrossEyed7

« Reply #5024 on: May 03, 2010, 02:31:47 PM »
Brawl, Animal Crossing, and Mario Kart can't be copied to the SD card without using homebrew. Pretty sure NSMBW can, though.

Print