Print

Author Topic: The HOPEFUL thread: Be happy here!  (Read 1260113 times)

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #5025 on: May 03, 2010, 05:17:49 PM »

« Reply #5026 on: May 03, 2010, 05:31:58 PM »
Your dedication is admirable, Toad. I'd never have the patience for such an undertaking as remaking my progress in Animal Crossing.

As a suggestion, an SD card might be a good investment this time around, lest the same fate befall your data again.

The hardest part will be getting most of my catalog back, but all I really want are the Mario related pieces (most of which I can get from my character in the DS game. YAY!) House payments, wishing wells, and patterns will come in time.

Brawl, Animal Crossing, and Mario Kart can't be copied to the SD card without using homebrew. Pretty sure NSMBW can, though.

I have an SD card. I've never liked the thought of hacking my game consoles. I like my warranties (incase something like what happened were to happen).

I'm pretty sure New SMBW can too, it's just that I realise now that I hadn't done it.

This is making me want to take stock of what games, systems, and sccessories that I have..
« Last Edit: May 03, 2010, 05:37:34 PM by Toad »
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #5027 on: May 03, 2010, 07:03:53 PM »
[Tomba! get]
This is an awesome game and you should all get it, even if you have to pay the $50+ it usually goes for (but especially if you get it for $1.50 like Warp did).

I've got a SSBB tourney tomorrow at my library.  Wish me luck! 
Of course, depending on the results, you may hear more on the subject later in the ANGST thread...
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

BriGuy92

• Luck of the Irish
« Reply #5028 on: May 03, 2010, 08:22:07 PM »
I borrowed Tomba! from a friend of mine, but I didn't really like it all that much. In other news, I began playing both Tales of Symphonia and Tales of Phantasia recently. I think I've found myself a new favorite JRPG series. Or maybe second-favorite. I still have yet to finish any Tales game, but Chrono Trigger still tops the list. (Yes I realize I said series, but I'm not counting Chrono Cross, which I've never played but have been heavily warned against.)
Know the most important contribution of the organ Fund science girls type. It's true!

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #5029 on: May 03, 2010, 10:30:25 PM »
You should play Parasite Eve instead.

Seriously, all of you, go play Parasite Eve. It's a JRPG with an interesting story, survival horror elements (emphasized more in the sequel), and a fun real-time combat system with bullet patterns.

If you're a fan of games where people spontaneously combust, you will not be disappointed by Parasite Eve.

(The book of the same name that the game is loosely based on is also good.)

« Reply #5030 on: May 03, 2010, 11:02:08 PM »
I will never understand why Square let that IP die and later revived it as a Japan-only cell phone game series.

Between that and the international version of Nier, it's like Square just likes to lose money and troll the non-Final Fantasy fanbase.
As a game that requires six friends, an HDTV, and skill, I can see why the majority of TMK is going to hate on it hard.

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #5031 on: May 03, 2010, 11:19:08 PM »
The Third Birthday is still supposed to be coming out sooner or later. Too bad it's PSP-only.

« Reply #5032 on: May 04, 2010, 12:20:41 AM »
They'd have to stop swimming in Kingdom Hearts and Final Fantasy spin-offs long enough to even get past the pre-production phase.

I heard rumors they haven't gotten far because Nomura isn't sure on how to incorporate belts and zippers into a survival-horror themed game.
As a game that requires six friends, an HDTV, and skill, I can see why the majority of TMK is going to hate on it hard.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #5033 on: May 04, 2010, 12:52:59 AM »
Chrono Cross is actually not a bad game and it has excellent music.
What I've played of it is nowhere near as good as Trigger, but that still puts it well on the side of playable.
That was a joke.

« Reply #5034 on: May 04, 2010, 11:57:25 AM »
My sophomore year in college is done.
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #5035 on: May 04, 2010, 06:08:48 PM »
I'm going to add "Bump uglies with my girl in a police station" to my list of things to do before I die. And then cross it off, cos I just did that.
every

« Reply #5036 on: May 04, 2010, 06:34:40 PM »
...And by your "your girl", you mean Bubba, correct?

Bump uglies

In all seriousness, that's the best euphemism I've ever heard.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2010, 06:36:42 PM by Weegee »
YYur  waYur n beYur you Yur plusYur instYur an Yur Yur whaYur

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #5037 on: May 04, 2010, 06:53:36 PM »
I'm going to add "Bump uglies with my girl in a police station" to my list of things to do before I die. And then cross it off, cos I just did that.
What were you doing at the police station in the first place?]

Just wanted to say that I've qualified for the final rounds of the Brawl tourney at the library.  Hopefully I'll do as well in a week and a half; it'll probably be at least a little harder, though, since everyone I'll be matched up against will have been good enough to qualify as well.
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

Hacker Pikachu 25

• Technicolor nightmare
« Reply #5038 on: May 07, 2010, 05:58:32 PM »
Forum Games is active, and I's chillin'.
Klonoa is the best game I've played YET!!!

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #5039 on: May 07, 2010, 08:52:25 PM »
Prom is imminent! Of course, keep in mind that I post this for lack of a "The NERVOUS thread"...
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

Print