Print

Author Topic: Mario Theme Video Catalog  (Read 27135 times)

« Reply #60 on: September 06, 2009, 10:20:47 PM »
I've been trying to record what we have. I've got up to all the Snes instances, except for 8-bit Mario in Booster's Tower. I would have more, but we got some exciting news about our son (he could be home on Thursday!) and general lack of time have made the project hard to make progress on.

If someone finds an instance we don't have listed, give us specifics on how to get it (if it's complicated. such as the one jdaster listed above) and.. if I have some kind souls who could help me test..

But I am working on it. :)
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

« Reply #61 on: September 07, 2009, 07:50:57 AM »
I've got VBA, but only the Japanese ROM; not sure if the animation is any different (other than the text), though.
If she is indeed genetically mutated such that she has an eye in the back of her head, then I guess that she is genetically mutated and has an eye in the back of her head.

Trainman

• Bob-Omg
« Reply #62 on: September 21, 2009, 10:23:28 AM »
If SMBDX doesn't quality, logic dictates that the SMA series shouldn't, either. Just sayin'.

SMAS should count since it's a subtle arrangement of SMB and not exactly the same if you pay attention... namely, a totally new bass line was written, and some unique touches (which I love) are added in as well. As in, the accent notes in the 6th measure of the song that last 8 more measures. Also, the small group of ascending & descending notes (arranged in triplets or 16th notes?) in the 9th and 12th measure. I'm not sure of the musical term for it, but give it a listen and pay attention....aaaaand you'll notice. Also, the small touch at the end of the 14th and 29th measure.

(I saved this post ages ago. Too lazy to post it.)
Formerly quite reasonable.

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #63 on: September 21, 2009, 10:57:33 AM »
Super Mario Advance. Not Super Mario All-Stars.

Trainman

• Bob-Omg
« Reply #64 on: September 22, 2009, 12:16:06 PM »
EDIT: Ah, [darn] I just realized what Weegee said. My mistake. I kind of combined the two.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2009, 03:57:55 PM by Trainman »
Formerly quite reasonable.

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #65 on: September 22, 2009, 01:11:28 PM »
SMA series
!=
SMAS
No one was saying Super Mario All-Stars shouldn't count.

« Reply #66 on: October 11, 2009, 12:07:17 AM »
I'm about halfway through with the N64 instances. Can someone else record Mario Golf 64 please (or gift it to my Wii. yeah right, lol)?

Here is a list of games I don't own that I think has the Mario theme..

The GBC sports titles (Mario Golf, Mario Tennis)

The GBA sports titles (again Mario Golf, Mario Tennis)

Mario Superstar Baseball and Super Mario Sluggers (I know MSB does for sure, not sure about SMS..)

and with M&L3 released recently, can anybody tell me if it has any new instances, or how many there are?

The project may go on temporary hiatus this Friday and Saturday. My sister and her husband is coming to town and there will be much gaming and hanging out with them to be had. :)
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

Kimimaru

• Max Stats
« Reply #67 on: October 11, 2009, 10:52:32 PM »
Yes, Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story has a few instances, but I don't remember exactly how many it has. I think it has around 1 or 2.
The Mario series is the best! It has every genre in video games but RTS'! It also has a plumber who does different roles, a princess, and a lot of odd creatures who don't seem to poop!

« Reply #68 on: November 04, 2009, 06:59:11 AM »
Well, I have some bad news: The tv I had all of the old game systems hooked up to has gone out (I didn't have them all hooked up at the same time). I have my sister's old tv, which is just like the tv my Wii is hooked to, so recording will recommence very soon.

I don't know how soon, though, because in kinda related news, I need a root canal. The procedure is being done Thursday morning. Depending on how much pain I'm in, I may try to do some recording that night and this weekend.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2009, 07:03:32 AM by Toad »

« Reply #69 on: November 12, 2009, 11:43:29 PM »
It seems someone has already captured the Wii Sports Resort instance(s)..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rb0KONWs4kI

« Reply #70 on: March 05, 2013, 08:59:59 AM »
Project update: I have a capture device now. I get some recordings done now, so I will get to them as I have time for it. Life  happens.. We are expecting our fourth child literally any day now (she was due Feb 26th, but the due date could be off by a week or so..)

The project lives!

« Reply #71 on: November 11, 2015, 12:25:39 PM »
Amazing how priorities change in just a few years' time. I thought I would have plenty of time for this video project.. I haven't forgotten about it, but some other life events have taken priority now over recordings of music from Mario games. That being said, I may still be involved in a recording project that will launch in the near future. I don't know if I am able to finish the project in its' current state though, sadly. And several new games have been released in the time since I started it.

I do plan on finishing this project. Eventually.

Print