Print

Author Topic: It's the 3DS!  (Read 50705 times)

« Reply #60 on: March 30, 2010, 01:53:42 PM »
Have fun, monophonic people!
:P

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #61 on: April 02, 2010, 07:54:58 AM »

« Reply #62 on: June 23, 2010, 04:55:12 PM »

Do you think the 3DS will stick with cartridges, or be Nintendo's first portable system to use discs?
YYur  waYur n beYur you Yur plusYur instYur an Yur Yur whaYur

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #63 on: June 23, 2010, 05:30:36 PM »
You really just wanted an excuse to use that gif, didn't you?
every

Captain Jim

• TwinklyMuffin
« Reply #64 on: June 23, 2010, 05:33:05 PM »
Well, he was banned from showing his fine physique on eHarmony, so he had to post his picture somewhere.

Anyway, I dunno. It kinda looks like they may still use carts. But with the graphics quality, it may be discs. Who knows with Nintendo.
No! I don't want that!

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #65 on: June 23, 2010, 05:44:52 PM »
The specs were released last week, and the medium has been shown to be cards again. And the minimum size is going to be two gigabytes, bigger than the set-in-stone 1.8GB of a UMD.

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #66 on: June 23, 2010, 05:52:31 PM »
Two gigs minimum?

Holy
every

« Reply #67 on: June 23, 2010, 07:14:32 PM »
YYur  waYur n beYur you Yur plusYur instYur an Yur Yur whaYur

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #68 on: June 23, 2010, 07:20:30 PM »
Again, that's more than the UMD, the format the PSP uses. It's also larger than a GameCube disc.

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #69 on: June 23, 2010, 07:31:28 PM »
[darn].

Hey, I forgot I started this thread...
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

CrossEyed7

• i can make this whatever i want; you're not my dad
« Reply #70 on: June 23, 2010, 09:23:10 PM »

A little tab on the side to keep you from putting it in a regular DS. Another throwback to the Game Boy Color, along with the infrared port.

If I'm reading the specs right, though, 2 GB is, like, the minimum maximum -- i.e., at launch, cards can be up to 2 GB, and later on they'll start making bigger ones.
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #71 on: June 24, 2010, 01:03:33 AM »
Ah, yes, rereading it, that does seem to be the case ("2GB max at launch").

Personally, I think having two gigabytes as the absolute minimum card size would have been better; as seen with DS games, developers don't have to use all of that space, and untrimmed ROMs for every single game being a minimum of two gigabytes would put a damper on piracy (if not due to pirates having to download the ROMs, then due to not having space on a microSD card for a lot of them). I don't know if the larger cards are more expensive to manufacture or anything like that, though.

CrossEyed7

• i can make this whatever i want; you're not my dad
« Reply #72 on: July 09, 2010, 06:27:12 PM »
I want Game & Watch Gallery 5 on 3DS. I'm picturing a virtual bookshelf of Game & Watch units, at least 20-25 or so games featured, and when you pick one, it flies at you in 3D until its screen fills the screen. Then once you're actually playing, the Classic mode uses the 3D effects to subtly simulate the different layers in the screen (overlays, backgrounds, and sprites), and the Modern mode can go crazy with it. And the last game you unlock is the Crystal Screen version of Super Mario Bros., using the outside cameras to simulate the see-through screen (like this). That would be amazing.
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #73 on: July 09, 2010, 07:49:09 PM »
CrossEyed you're a genius.

....sadly now that you mentioned that it'll probably never happen. T.T

« Reply #74 on: July 18, 2010, 09:05:17 AM »

A little tab on the side to keep you from putting it in a regular DS. Another throwback to the Game Boy Color, along with the infrared port.

If I'm reading the specs right, though, 2 GB is, like, the minimum maximum -- i.e., at launch, cards can be up to 2 GB, and later on they'll start making bigger ones.

Well, that looks rather impressive to be sure. I wish that certain games intended for the 3DS would also be playable on the regular DS similar to how you could play some games intended for the Game Boy Color on the regular Game Boy. The tab of course would be absent and the games would be downgraded a little bit but not much.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2010, 09:15:32 AM by Alisbet »
Power of People is stronger than People in Power.

Print