Print

Author Topic: What Mario characters would you like in Smash Bros. Wii U/3DS?  (Read 9261 times)

Super-Jesse

• Unstoppable News Machine
« on: August 07, 2013, 11:42:35 AM »
Mario, Luigi, Peach, and Bowser are all pretty much a given (as of this post, only Peach is unconfirmed), but what over Mario universe characters would you like to see in the game?

Bonus coins for those that can list what a potential moveset could be!
<Kojinka> When I saw this thread back on top, I was afraid this was gonna be another pointless bump by a new member, but when I saw Super-Jesse's username, my fears were laid to rest.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2013, 12:10:48 PM »

these guys.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2013, 01:44:32 PM »
They could be assist trophies, peeing on everyone from a distance or something.
YYur  waYur n beYur you Yur plusYur instYur an Yur Yur whaYur

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2013, 06:41:40 PM »
F@#$ it, I'll just go for broke on this thread.

- Alice (Balloon Kid), but older and in full Balloonist garb.
- Mach Rider
- Sukapon (Joy Mecha Fight)
- Takamaru (Murasame Castle)
- Little Mac
- Starfy
- Excitebike (he operates like Wheelie from KSS)
- Dixie Kong
- Toad
- Ninten (MOTHER, and he'd be completely different from Ness or Lucas. :V)
- Pico (F-ZERO)
- Jody Summer (F-ZERO, and she'd be a cyborg like in the anime)
- Saki (Sin & Punishment)
- Issac (Golden Sun)
- Chrom (Fire Emblem Awakening)
- Mewtwo (I miss him)
- Either Andy or Sami (Advance Wars)
- Simon Belmont
- Captain N (With him, Simon, Mega Man and Pit you get the N Team)

But yeah, this'll never happen.

« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2013, 08:05:09 PM »
From the Mario series? I'd say only Toad is deserving of a place. Bowser Jr's probably not notable enough, and Waluigi wasn't even in Mario Kart 7, for goodness' sake.

As for overall? I'd like to see the new form of Mewtwo, Samurai Goroh, Little Mac, Starfy, Krystal, Tails/Knuckles/Shadow and maybe some Advance Wars representation. And Geno.
If my son could decimate Lego cities with his genitals, I'd be [darn] proud.

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2013, 08:23:31 PM »
Oop. Somehow I missed the "Mario" in the title. And the fact that this thread is in Mario chat. Ah well. Can't be helped.

But yeah, Mario doesn't need anyone else for Smash. If they absolutely had to add one more, I'd prefer it be Toad.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2013, 10:39:00 PM »
I agree, M&L&P&B(&Y&W) is enough. Which isn't to say there aren't characters I'd like, just that I know the difference between what I'd think is cool and what's actually a good idea, and if I didn't, I'd be trying to convince everyone of why Politoed and Quagsire would both be great additions, at the same time.

If I had to pick one more Mario character I'd go with E. Gadd, with a moveset based entirely on what Luigi can do in the two Mansion games. Either that or... I'll admit, I don't actually dislike the idea of Paper Mario in his own spot, if his moves were heavily based on the first two games... Hammer attacks, items, special jumps like the Tornado Jump, partners assisting in specials. And then his Final Smash could be Bump Attack, Supernova, or even a partner character's ultimate attack, like Spiny Storm.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #7 on: August 08, 2013, 01:11:54 AM »
I'd rather they just give regular Mario a less boring moveset than resorting to adding another Mario to the roster. If they did that, people would use regular Mario even less.

« Reply #8 on: August 08, 2013, 01:27:21 AM »
I was always kind of hoping for a Paper Mario alternate costume for Mario. And the rest of the Mario cast, really. But that would mean Nintendo actually making interesting alternate costumes, and we can't have that.
Blacker than a moonless night, hotter and more bitter than hell itself... that is coffee.

« Reply #9 on: August 10, 2013, 11:39:23 PM »
Boring moveset? Mario's cape is one of the most hilarity-causing moves in the game.

Flipping a Samus around at the last second so she fires her charge shot into someone else... priceless.

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #10 on: August 11, 2013, 07:06:02 AM »
One move doesn't equal a moveset.

« Reply #11 on: August 11, 2013, 12:14:35 PM »
Tell that to Kirby. He takes on his opponents' powers, which can completely change how you use him.
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #12 on: August 11, 2013, 01:19:18 PM »
...Not really.

CrossEyed7

• i can make this whatever i want; you're not my dad
« Reply #13 on: August 11, 2013, 05:53:01 PM »
I still think the Elite Beat Agents and Dr. Kawashima's Head would be good additions. I'd be pretty okay with Paper Mario being a character, but I still like the idea of a Paper Mario stage that turns everyone into paper versions. Of course, the stylization involved would mean different sized hitboxes, which would be a whole thing on its own and add a significant amount of development time and also ensure that "serious" players never play it.

One thing that would be cool would be for some of Nintendo's toys from their pre-video game days to show up as items or stages or something. The Ultra Hand and the Chiritorie remote-control vacuum (incidentally, the real-life Chiritorie controls exactly the same as it does in the WarioWare game) are the first ones that come to mind. Maybe the Love Tester could be something? How about a destructible stage made out of N&B Blocks that's constantly shifting and rebuilding itself?
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #14 on: August 11, 2013, 06:22:58 PM »
I wanted them to reskin the Ray Gun with a Zapper/Famicom Pistol.

I think if they can make Flat Zone work, they can make a similar Paper Mario stage work just as well.

Print