Print

Author Topic: What new Mario game are you anticipating?  (Read 3772 times)

« on: May 29, 2000, 08:06:56 PM »
For me, it's gotta be Paper Mario. 3D with a 2D look, kinda like Parappa the Rapper 'cept with no songs and controllable actions.

Some aspects of Mario 64 are there too, such as the main hall of the Princess' castle is holding a party or some kind of meeting for a truce, I see mushroomers and koopa troopas in the same room without attacking.

Bowser has grown since Super Mario Bros. 3 (in terms of 2D Mario games) Mario's early encounter with Bowser is when he literally crashes the party. Mario may be a plumber, but I still wonder if he still remembers some skills of his old job (1).

Some people still don't know that only the fixed camera and battles are 2D. The field is 3D (well, you can move in 8 directions. That's 3D control).

People who think this game is gonna suck have obviously never seen it in action.

(1): For those who don't know, before Mario was named Mario and his occupation was a plumber, his preliminary name was Jumpman the Carpenter. No wonder he had a Hammer in DK.

I'm a Pokemon fan, so what?  Mario's still #1 in my book.
I'm a Pokemon fan, so what?  Mario's still #1 in my book.

« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2000, 08:23:33 PM »
Well, for my mom it would have to be PM because she lover SMRPG and wants more of it. Me, I'm thinking along the same lines, but to make a less long term choice, I'd take Mario Tennis. Playing tennis over a pool of lava sounds cool. (Deezer hasn't yet put up info on Bowser's castle, so you'll have to turn to Nintendo.com to get the scoop. If you're listening, Deezer, also get us a new WTMK trivia question.)

-Yoshi348
"Mr. Face say, WTMK, awsome. Mr. Face never wrong!"
   -Deezer, on air at WTMK

Deezer

• Invincible
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2000, 11:26:49 PM »
King Gengar: Definitely Mario Tennis; I expect another awesome sports game from Camelot.

Yoshi348: Actually, it's David Dayton who does all the talking (so far). The only clip of me is where I say "This is Deezer, and YOU're listening to WTMK...".

« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2000, 07:28:56 AM »
I am anticipating Paper Mario, my dad said it looks like crap. But i love Super Mario RPG Legend of the Seven Stars. I really cant wait for Paper Mario to come oout!!!

Twinkle Twinkle Little Star, Im gonna kick Bowser's Arse affar.   ~Geno~
Twinkle Twinkle Little Star, Im gonna kick Bowser's Arse affar.   ~Geno~

« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2000, 04:53:36 PM »
mnn..I guess all of the 64 games..and if that SMB3 GBC version is coming,that too.

-Elizabeth

« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2000, 05:58:09 PM »
Super Mario DOLPHIN.

This year at Space World baby! Let's hope for no Princess rescuing and graphics that put Soul Calibur to shame!

Ahh yeah- 4 player possiblites and Luigi BABY! Yaaaaah!

Writer of Silly Mario Fan Fics, and Creator of the following Charecters-
Rain Booster
Doutrio

Perfect Dark, Mario... My specialty!

« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2000, 06:18:59 PM »
Paper mario Story, Defiantly. SMRPG had a big influnce on me.It introuduced me to the world of RPGS (good one to get yer feet wet) and since then I've played classics like Most FFs Breath of Fire, Wild ARMS and the all time Masterpice Chrono Trigger.
I'm getting off track here. There are two others I'd LIKE to see: A Waruigi free Smash Bros sequal, and a Star Fox DOLPHIN.

Kweeh! Kweeh!
Kweeh! Kweeh! Yes, Kweeh forever!

« Reply #7 on: May 31, 2000, 04:28:56 PM »
Super Mario 64 2 should come out in year 2001.
 ~Zootalo SSBM: 269 Trophies SMS: 120 Shines LM: 23 Gold Frames
Animal Crossing: AC Name:Jon AC Town:Jockero

« Reply #8 on: August 16, 2000, 05:45:38 AM »
Paper Mario! SMRPG was one of the best RPG I've played (the only other best being EarthBound unless you count the Zelda games). This one looks so cool, even by just the still screenshots. Theyr'e just as good as seeing it in action. Well, sorta...

Mario Tennis! Mario Golf was a cool way to play golf, and Mario Tennis looks to be a winner as well. I really wanna hear Daisy, DK Jr. and Birdo's voices. Tennis with Banana Peels? Only when Mario and company play.

"No way! You beat me... again!! And I just spent my entire savings on these new Koopa Mach 1 Sprint shoes!" - Koopa the Quick (Mario 64)
-----------------------------
"No way! You beat me... again!! And I just spent my entire savings on these new Koopa Mach 1 Sprint shoes!" - Koopa the Quick (Mario 64)

"That''s called cheating. Last I heard, it was against the rules." -Me

CodeHunter64
Leader of the CodeHunters

« Reply #9 on: August 18, 2000, 07:55:58 PM »
Paper Mario Story. I just looooooooove RPGs. Especially SMRPG. That, of course, is the reason I'm anticipating it. Plus, those screen shots look cool. :P
Also, Mario Tennis. Mario Golf was very cool, and I'm sure Mario Tennis will be too.
And to make matters better or worse(whichever you think :) ,I'm also excited about Mario Kart Advance. The DSP and Mode 7 bring tears to my eyes.
I was going to say that Star Cubish Mario game, but seeing as how we really don't know a thing about it yet(we're in the Sega building, as I say), I'll be safe from it.
In short, I really am too full of anticipation. (Explodes in result of emotional outlet)
Woohoo.

« Reply #10 on: August 20, 2000, 03:46:46 AM »
ALL of them ^_^
Paper Mario most of all just because it looks like it's going to do a major expansion job on the story and characters like SMRPG did.
Mario Tennis 64 and GB are being highly anticipated. I can't wait to play with some of those secret characters. Plus, Mario Golf was just awesome... so I'm looking forward to this.
Mario Kart Advance. *dribble* those graphics look so good! Better than SMK on the SNES.
And finally, the Mario Party series (here in the UK we only have 1 at the moment... which is frustrating). Not looking forward to these as much.

Why don't they release more Smash Brothers games? Can't they see they were much more popular than Mario Party?

Fryguy - summoned from the flame

"I bent my wookie!"
Webmaster
nindb.classicgaming.gamespy.com - Nintendo Database

Print