Print

Author Topic: Mariology (serious posts wanted)  (Read 474757 times)

« Reply #15 on: January 04, 2005, 06:42:55 PM »
If you dont care then why are you even here?

------------------------------
Some things are good left unsaid. This is not one of them.
------------------------------
Some things are good left unsaid. This may be one of them...

« Reply #16 on: January 04, 2005, 06:55:34 PM »
Toads' "shroomtops" are hats.
The proof is in the PM2. The train conductor Toad doesn't have a "shroomtop." He has an engineers cap. Case closed.

"Good morning. And in case I don''t see you again: Good afternoon, good evening, and good night."- Truman, The Truman Show
This is a secret coded message.

Koopaslaya

• Kansas
« Reply #17 on: January 04, 2005, 08:02:11 PM »
Thank you Red.
Εὐθύνατε τὴν ὁδὸν Κυρίου

« Reply #18 on: January 05, 2005, 11:25:15 AM »
I always knew the Toads' mushroom caps were hats!!

By the way, Birdo was ALWAYS a female, well, at least in Japan she was!! Birdo's Japanese name is Katherine, and Katherine was a female ever since her first appearance in Doki Doki Panic or Super Mario USA for the Japanese!!

Uptil now, nobody knows why the heck had Nintendo of America, Inc. changed Birdo's gender in the first place!!

I am a pure Super Mario lover!!

...and in no point in the future will he ever be abandonded by me!

I will even drawn the best Super Mario comics ever to exist!!

I am a pure Super Mario lover!! ...and in no point in the future will he ever be abandonded by me!
I will even draw the best Super Mario comics ever to exist!!

Suffix

• Steamed
« Reply #19 on: January 05, 2005, 11:32:10 AM »
Maybe it was a translating error, and they got confused, so they made fun of it.

Markio

• Normal
« Reply #20 on: January 05, 2005, 11:44:49 AM »
Unless you see the conductor take the hat off, it still doesn't prove anything.  It's possible that his giant head is underneath the hat.  I mean, in MK:DD, you can see Bowser holding a bowser shell, but when he throws it, suddenly it's a lot bigger.  It's possible that if this conductor took of his hat then his big head thing would appear underneath it.

“You never really understand a person until you consider things from his point of view.” -Atticus Finch
"Hello Kitty is cool, but I like Keroppi the best."

« Reply #21 on: January 05, 2005, 05:18:08 PM »
Did you notice in Mario Power Tennis that they treat Birdo alot like Yoshis? Watch the intro. There is a yellow Birdo and a blue birdo. Probably more in the audience. There is also a red one in the scene when Bowser wins a trophy.
Slap-Worthy!

« Reply #22 on: January 05, 2005, 06:13:44 PM »
I don't know why people who obviously have no interest, or even approval, of this thread keep posting here.  There's nothing stopping you from just ignoring it if you don't like it.

Anyway.

Humans in the Marioverse: Another theory on humans is that all of the humans we've seen so far have all come from Earth like Mario and Luigi did.  That might explain why most of the humans we've seen have been royalty.  Maybe the inhabitants of the Mushroom World see them as special in some way.

Luigi's Mansion: I had completey forgotten about Gadd and the ghosts.  If they were all actual ghosts and not just fabrications created by the King Boo then that would be at least partial evidence that there were once people in the Mushroom World before Mario and Luigi.

Koopa Kids: I've always viewed the Koopa Kids (the original seven, not the mini-bowser clones) as not having naturally occured.  Maybe Bowser got his magikoopas to copy him in some way so that he would have an heir and thus ended up with seven different peices of his personality in physical form.  That would also explain why he made Bowser Jr.  Because the original seven were such a let down.

Wario and Waluigi: I've always thought that the Wario brothers (if they are in fact brothers, which I believe they are) were just normal people who were twisted and warped by their greedy ways.  Much like Gollum in The Lord of the Rings, Wario and Waluigi started out as normal kids but then met up with Mario and Luigi, causing them to become darker more  malevolent versions of themselves.

The Mushroom "caps": I've never liked the idea that the tops are hats.  I'm not sure how much evidence points in favor of it, but I personally have never accepted that theory.

-----------------------------
"The bigger they are, the harder I fight."
-----------------------------
"The bigger they are, the harder I fight."

Markio

• Normal
« Reply #23 on: January 05, 2005, 07:19:15 PM »
I had this theory of how the koopalings(including Bowser Jr) came about:

First of all, there are three types of Koopas: koopas(including koopa troopas and paratroopas and hammer bros), magikoopas, and spiked koopas(namely Bowser).  So Bowser's parents died when he was a baby, leaving Kamek to raise him.  Bowser isn't what I would call evil, but he's in a separate kingdom, and waging war is even more common in our world than theirs, so who are we to call him evil?
Anyway, Bowser marries a spiked koopa lady, possible with blue hair to explain most of the koopalings' blue hair.When the koopalings first starred in SMB3 and then SMW, Bowser's wife was upset about her children being used in military units, and at such a young age, too!  So she left Bowser(not a divorce, but she just needed time alone) and Bowser was awfully sorry and hurt that she ran off.  Then, less than a year but more than nine months later, he read in the newspaper or some other source that his wife was in a hospital in Isle Delfino and he ditched Kamek and all his war plans and took off to her.  Sadly, he couldn't take the koopalings.  When he got to the hospital and found her, she was was lying in a bed, and was very, very sick.  He stood on the side of the bed, looked at her with care and sadness in his eyes and asked if she would be okay.  She wouldn't be okay, but just before the accident/disease happened, she had given birth to another child, Bowser Jr.  It was THEIR child, not some other koopa, okay?  Since she was on her deathbed, Bowser was sorry that the Koopalings couldn't have come along, but what do you know, Kamek had a change in heart, ditched his own plans from the koopalings, and had brought them with him to the hospital.  After the reunion, Kamek took the kids back to the kingdom so Bowser and his wife could have some time alone.  Bowser apologized for giving in to Kamek's ideas of using the children for war, and they made up and all that.  Then his wife died.  After a few years, Bowser Jr. wanted to know who is mother was.  Bowser didn't know how to tell him that his mother had died and sort of made up this story about the first woman that popped into his head: Peach.  Having to go along with his dumb lie, he ended up going through all the events in Super Mario Sunshine.  After all, Bowser Jr. was born there, that's why he sounds kind of like a pianta.  After that scenario, Bowser told Jr. the truth, and he took all eight of his kids to the mothers grave, where they left flowers and everyone was finally happy, or at least at peace.

Also, Bowser had no attraction to Peach, she was only used as a captive in war to take over her land.  I'm sorry if this was all confusing, but I'm rushing.

“You never really understand a person until you consider things from his point of view.” -Atticus Finch
"Hello Kitty is cool, but I like Keroppi the best."

« Reply #24 on: January 05, 2005, 08:30:24 PM »
Neat, I never would have thought of that.  So many good ideas here.  I actually have a little different theory about the K kids but it's not as cool as yours.

Here's what happened.  In SMB3, the Koopa Kids each had their own flying ships with different enemies.  After Mario came and beat up the kids, taking their wands away, the Doom ships lost most of their power (just a theory).  With the wands now gone and also the KKs, the ships started to crash and the wrench moles (whatever you call them) began to panic and tried to stop them but didn't know how to fly them.  The ships all crashed in different areas and out of the seven one of them just by chance happened to land by Yoshi's Island, right in between everything and next to the future location of the Valley of Bowser (Bowser found the wreckage by accident when he came to take over the island and decided to make a secret underground world).  Then the ship got haunted and the rest is history.  Now the Koopa Kids have never showed up for a long time (save M&L) because they have been working on their next big weapon, a really big and powerful Doom ship called Koopa Katastrophe (or something) and powered by some really strong magic item.  And when will they be ready to finally use this weapon?  It will all happen in Super Mario 128!!  Aaaahhhh!!! :)  Stupid, I know, but I like it.

Diddy Konga: I think it's cool that there are different colored Birdos in MPT.  Remember that in SMB2 for Super that there were red and green Birdos that shot fireballs.

Wheel Kirby: Sorry to correct you on this, but I think that in your signature you should say "Some things are best left unsaid" instead of good because it sounds better IMWO.  Just a suggestion.

"Oh great.  From now I am shall forever be known as the king who talks to posters."

Edited by - Yoshisaurus Rex on 1/5/2005 6:39:37 PM
(E I): o{D___(--I I): o(D___(o 8(= P)___(=(:  )@)___(3 I)}:O})+)___<( )=(: )) )
The cake is a lie, your base belongs to us, keyboard cat will play you off as you fall out of the bus.

« Reply #25 on: January 06, 2005, 03:41:35 PM »
SMB2 before 3-D-When the Mario gang was a sleep
Bowser got a girl friend and you know the rest.

SMB3 before 3-D-Mario beat the kooplings and took there wands and the ships chrashed one chash neer dinosure island.

SMS after 3-D-Bowser had kid again and tricked him into thinking that Peach was his mum in the end Mario beat him as well.

MandL:SS after 3-D- Mario and Luigi beat the kooplings again and they hid to make a master plan.
LUIGI OWNS YOU!!!!!!!

« Reply #26 on: January 06, 2005, 06:34:01 PM »
Exactly why is everyone so obsessed about Bowser's wife? He might not have ever had a mate in the first place.

If there's one thing Godzilla has taught us, it's that giant japanese reptiles reproduce asexually.

Bowser laid seven eggs, and then later, one more.

And about the Toads' Mushroom tops, I firmly believe that they are not hats. That conductor was born with a conductor's hat-shaped mushroom top because that was the job he was born to do. Just like gold topped toads were born to end up rich and toads with heart shaped spots were born to be in love with people. That's how it works. If you have a Bob-omb born with a jet's steering wheel for a crank, he'll end up flying jets.

Let me away from this boulder!
Let me away from this boulder!

« Reply #27 on: January 07, 2005, 11:06:00 AM »
I've thought this a lot:

In PM-TTYD, Gloomtail says that He wonders why his sister hasn't wrote a letter to him in many days.
Well, if Hooktail wrotes a letter, how can the letter ever arrive to Gloomtail!? Because Gloomtail lives in another side of the Thousand-Year Door!

-*My signature is for rent*-

(5 € a week)

« Reply #28 on: January 07, 2005, 02:35:52 PM »
Good point. You're absolutely right. Perhaps that's what he's really referring to?

“I’m a stupid fatty and I love to play with my Easy Bake oven.”

« Reply #29 on: January 07, 2005, 11:10:25 PM »
Popple: Yeah, that's what I was thinking too.  I just forgot to say that.  But I still like the idea of a female Koopa just because Wendy is the only one.

"Oh great.  From now I am shall forever be known as the king who talks to posters."
(E I): o{D___(--I I): o(D___(o 8(= P)___(=(:  )@)___(3 I)}:O})+)___<( )=(: )) )
The cake is a lie, your base belongs to us, keyboard cat will play you off as you fall out of the bus.

Print