Print

Author Topic: The greatest arcade of the 80s: YOU decide!  (Read 6493 times)

Super-Jesse

• Unstoppable News Machine
« on: June 10, 2007, 01:44:43 PM »

If you're like my cat up there, you love you some arcade games. Be it Mario Bros, Frogger, Pac-Man, or Space Invaders, there's just that one game you always have an itch to play 25 cents at a time. But, of those titles, which of them deserves to be called the best of it's decade? Do you have what it takes to sit down, analyze, and cast your vote for your favorites? Well, News.com wants you to do just that! From their list of selected arcade games, you've been given a chance to choose one, so plunk down your vote and make sure your favorite gets the recognition it deserves. On a side note, my cat can totally kick your behind at Vs. Super Mario Bros. Just look at that determination!

Link: Vote here
« Last Edit: June 10, 2007, 01:46:27 PM by Super-Jesse »
<Kojinka> When I saw this thread back on top, I was afraid this was gonna be another pointless bump by a new member, but when I saw Super-Jesse's username, my fears were laid to rest.

MaxVance

• Vance Vance Revolution
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2007, 01:47:46 PM »
Nice chair.
Remember that your first Goomba boldly you walk? When Mario touched that mushroom being brought up more largely remember that you are surprised? Miscalculate your jump that pit remember that it falls?

Kojinka

• Bruised
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2007, 04:09:10 PM »
That cat looks a lot like my old, yet alive and kickin' kitty.

I'm having a hard time deciding between Pac Man and Donkey Kong.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2007, 12:31:44 PM by Kojinka »
Regards, Uncle Dolan

« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2007, 04:25:38 PM »
I voted Mario Bros.
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

Kojinka

• Bruised
« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2007, 08:01:51 PM »
I voted Donkey Kong, but Pac Man will always have a special place in my heart as my very first video game.
Regards, Uncle Dolan

« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2007, 04:47:27 AM »
I really don't like Mario Bros. that much.

I voted Donkey Kong. Honorable mention to Pac-Man.

SushieBoy

• Giddy fangirl
« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2007, 08:01:02 AM »
Kojinka, You're always talking about places in your heart, sooner or later, your  heart will explode. then you will die!
Just because you can, doesn't mean you should.

« Reply #7 on: June 11, 2007, 08:03:58 AM »
I picked Donkey Kong, but Pac-Man is awesome, so that'd be a 2nd placer for me.
I'm a horrible person.

Kojinka

• Bruised
« Reply #8 on: June 11, 2007, 12:00:37 PM »
Kojinka, You're always talking about places in your heart, sooner or later, your  heart will explode. then you will die!
lol.  Well, LD know how to say things better than I can.
Regards, Uncle Dolan

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #9 on: June 11, 2007, 12:19:24 PM »
From that list I like Pac-Man best.  Sorry Donkey Kong and Mario Bros.  Why wasn't Galaga on the list.  It was released in 1981 and is the best!  (IMNSHO)  I also liked Moon Patrol and Defender, but they aren't on the list and aren't as good as Pac-Man or Galaga anyway.
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

Kojinka

• Bruised
« Reply #10 on: June 11, 2007, 12:37:01 PM »
I'm surprised Frogger is currently dead last.  I used to play it all the time on my sister's computer.  And who can forget the Frogger episode of Seinfeld?
Regards, Uncle Dolan

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #11 on: June 12, 2007, 12:38:54 AM »
How can they call that a list at all? They don't even talk about the actual Tron video games, which were nothing like Tron 2.0, which they have pictured there. Also, comparing the NES Donkey Kong review to an Asteroids PSX and Centipede PC review? What the heck?
That was a joke.

« Reply #12 on: June 12, 2007, 12:51:25 AM »
Below are thumbnails and summaries from the newer versions of the original games.

Boo Dudley

• This is not a secret page hint
« Reply #13 on: June 18, 2007, 02:56:28 PM »
Galaga

« Reply #14 on: June 19, 2007, 10:50:10 AM »
I would have to say the Galaga is my favorite arcade game from the '80s, and I was disappointed that it wasn't on that list.  But from the list, I might say either Donkey Kong, Pac-Man, or Asteroids.
"We are just an advanced breed of monkeys on a minor planet of a very average star. But we can understand the Universe. That makes us something very special." Stephen Hawking

Print