Print

Author Topic: The greatest Mario Rock Opera you never knew about returns!  (Read 6903 times)

Super-Jesse

• Unstoppable News Machine
« on: August 12, 2013, 01:15:25 PM »
Gather 'round kids, let me tell you a story: Eight years ago, a man warped himself to the Mushroom Kingdom to save the Princess Toadstool, and, in the midst of Shy Guys, Koopa Troopas, and even King Koopa, he managed to save the day. Now, the kingdom is once again under attack and that hero must return; that hero known as... Johnathan Mann. And he's not a plumber, he's a songwriter.

Wait, what?

That's right, folks. It turns out all it took to save the Mushroom Kingdom was an awesome fan-produced rock opera. The show is brought to us by Johnathan Mann, who immersed himself when he was 23 years old in Mario's world, not only playing the videogames, but also listening to the music non-stop. This led him to make the first act of his Mario Rock Opera, and he donned Mario's signature red hat and blue overalls to show us how he thinks Mario would react to discovering he's nothing more than a character in a videogame. Now, he's ready to put on an encore at Joe’s Pub performance space in New York City, with music provided by The Everymen and visuals courtesy of filmmaker Colin Snyder.

See his promotional video here and buy tickets at Joespub.com!
« Last Edit: August 12, 2013, 03:12:53 PM by Deezer »
<Kojinka> When I saw this thread back on top, I was afraid this was gonna be another pointless bump by a new member, but when I saw Super-Jesse's username, my fears were laid to rest.

« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2013, 04:23:11 PM »
Oh no. I recall his first act, and reading the story.. I was not very impressed.
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

Super-Jesse

• Unstoppable News Machine
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2013, 03:31:52 AM »
Oh no. I recall his first act, and reading the story.. I was not very impressed.

I'm trying, man.
<Kojinka> When I saw this thread back on top, I was afraid this was gonna be another pointless bump by a new member, but when I saw Super-Jesse's username, my fears were laid to rest.

« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2013, 08:10:03 AM »
Nice try, but I bet you could still do a lot better than that guy.

Edit: I hadn't seen your post in the Angst thread. Of course I wasn't trying to insult you (unless you're that Johnathon Mann..)

I remember when the Mario Opera had a website setup: I thought it was crudely put together (like something from the late 90's, maybe) and when I found the story on his website, I was less than impressed with it.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2013, 08:14:37 AM by Toad »
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2013, 03:37:37 AM »
Nice... very nice! I like it!
« Last Edit: August 14, 2013, 04:56:57 PM by Deezer »

Print