Print

Author Topic: Super Mario Galaxy 2  (Read 99342 times)

« Reply #345 on: May 19, 2012, 05:06:59 PM »
I'm currently catching up on all the Wii games I missed over the last two years and finally played SMG2 and got to read this thread. Two things I never saw mentioned:

1) If you die a few times while fighting the Whomp King, he'll have new dialogue complaining about getting sick of his pre-battle speech.

2) Hardest star BY FAR for me was Green Star 1 of Stone Cyclone Galaxy. It's the only star in the game that requires the height of a triple jump + spin instead of the normal backflip + spin of all the other high Green Stars. Since I couldn't wrap my brain around this disparity I kept trying to get the star through the only method I could see: slowing time with the ! Switch at the perfect moment to be able to long jump across the blocks to the star's side and walljump off the back of the Tox Box. After failing at this about forty times, I accidentally triplejumped up to the star while jumping around after a failed attempt. Mamma mia.

Second hardest goes to Green Star 2 of Bowser's Galaxy Generator that WeeGee talked about. I couldn't figure out how to get up to it with more than one cloud in reserve so I had to do it with only two EXTREEEEEME longjumps. Hard, but it worked.

« Reply #346 on: May 19, 2012, 05:55:05 PM »
Huh, I never knew about the Whomp King thing before; I'll have to check that out.  And I concur about the hardest Green Star being Cyclone Stone 1; originally I thought you had to jump from the oddly sloped part, not the ring with the Tox Boxes that it's situated directly above.  It was on some subsequent playthrough I figured out you could get it from the ring, which made it substantially easier.  Still by far the hardest on a first playthrough, at the very least; how you're actually supposed to collect it is very unintuitive.
If she is indeed genetically mutated such that she has an eye in the back of her head, then I guess that she is genetically mutated and has an eye in the back of her head.

Print