Poll

Which of the following do you believe has, does, or will exist, or is true?

Good luck
4 (0.6%)
Aliens
22 (3.2%)
Angels
29 (4.2%)
Bigfoot
6 (0.9%)
Demons
23 (3.3%)
Elves
5 (0.7%)
Ghosts
19 (2.7%)
Heaven
40 (5.8%)
Hell
38 (5.5%)
Living dinosaurs today
6 (0.9%)
Leprechauns
6 (0.9%)
Loch Ness Monster
13 (1.9%)
The Trinity
6 (0.9%)
Mermaids
4 (0.6%)
Moth Man
2 (0.3%)
Other dimensions (as in worlds)
15 (2.2%)
The possibility of teleportation
10 (1.4%)
UFOs
19 (2.7%)
Yetis
4 (0.6%)
Santa Claus
8 (1.2%)
Chewbacca
5 (0.7%)
Vampires
3 (0.4%)
Satan
26 (3.8%)
Fairies
5 (0.7%)
Miracles
18 (2.6%)
ESP
9 (1.3%)
None of these things
1 (0.1%)
Prophetic dreams/visions
22 (3.2%)
Telepathic connections
10 (1.4%)
Witches/Witchcraft
10 (1.4%)
Hobbits
1 (0.1%)
Multiple gods
4 (0.6%)
Atlantis
6 (0.9%)
Nirvana
3 (0.4%)
Speaking in tongues
8 (1.2%)
Greek legends
2 (0.3%)
Luigi in SM64 (don't even!)
8 (1.2%)
Magic
9 (1.3%)
Sesame Street
6 (0.9%)
Spontaneous combustion
9 (1.3%)
Fate
11 (1.6%)
Unicorns
2 (0.3%)
Griffins
2 (0.3%)
Fawns
2 (0.3%)
Dragons
7 (1%)
Tanukis
5 (0.7%)
Phoenixes
3 (0.4%)
Pegasus
2 (0.3%)
Jesus as God's son
24 (3.5%)
The Rapture
12 (1.7%)
Love at first site
11 (1.6%)
Soul mates
13 (1.9%)
Superstition as real
4 (0.6%)
Limbo
7 (1%)
Reincarnation
6 (0.9%)
Fountain of Youth
6 (0.9%)
Time travel
12 (1.7%)
Werewolves
2 (0.3%)
Centaurs
1 (0.1%)
Zombies
3 (0.4%)
The Apocalypse
14 (2%)
The existence of the missing link(s)
7 (1%)
The possibility of world peace
8 (1.2%)
Girls on the internet!
21 (3%)
Bob
9 (1.3%)
Bob's mom
5 (0.7%)
Gaia
2 (0.3%)
Future mass extinction
7 (1%)
Human cloning without side affects
6 (0.9%)
Purgatory
3 (0.4%)
Alternate realities
5 (0.7%)
Voodoo
2 (0.3%)
Evil curses
3 (0.4%)
Absolutes
4 (0.6%)
Relativity of knowledge
3 (0.4%)
The Secret Page
6 (0.9%)

Total Members Voted: 52

Print

Author Topic: I Don't Believe It!  (Read 91829 times)

Insane Steve

• Professional Cynic
« Reply #210 on: April 30, 2006, 03:13:58 PM »
No. Hollywood aliens use UFOs as ships. Real "aliens" may not even be advanced enough to travel outside their own planet. They may not even be carbon-based.
~I.S.~

Kuromatsu

• 黒松
« Reply #211 on: April 30, 2006, 03:15:01 PM »
Love at first site? Definitley not.

« Reply #212 on: April 30, 2006, 03:56:22 PM »
I heard that some UFOs could actually be creatures in disquise as giant ships.  It sounds crazy but I think that's no crazier than the aliens themselives! (It could be like really strange camoflauge or something involving light and air.)  Some cryptozoologists believe there could be flying creatures that are very lightweight and almost impossible to see, and if they ever land they would fall apart (or melt) and die.  I don't know if this is true or not but if you have enough sane eye witnesses talk about weird stuff, you gotta believe something.  Even if it's not true, theories can help you find the truth.

MSM: Yeah, I don't believe that either.  Lust is easy, but love... not so sure there.  Some girls I find attractive because of their personalities and sometimes looks, but that isn't real love. *Remembers the threads that Sapphira and LD made about that*
« Last Edit: April 30, 2006, 03:59:42 PM by Yoshisaurus Rex »
(E I): o{D___(--I I): o(D___(o 8(= P)___(=(:  )@)___(3 I)}:O})+)___<( )=(: )) )
The cake is a lie, your base belongs to us, keyboard cat will play you off as you fall out of the bus.

Sapphira

• Inquiring
« Reply #213 on: April 30, 2006, 05:27:18 PM »
Hahaha, I think he meant that it should be love at first sight. XD
But yeah, love at first sight? Definitely not. Attraction or lust at first sight, yeah, but not love. To truly love a person, you must really know them first.

Koopaslaya: Haha, awesome. I remember my dad actually witnessed to some JWs who came to our door once. They met several times after that, and I think either they became Christians or ended up seriously questioning their beliefs.

I find it hilarious that only 14 out of 41 voters believe there are girls on the intarweb. XD
Well, maybe girls (PLURAL) don't exist, but I know for a FACT at least one girl does.
* Sapphira points to self
« Last Edit: April 30, 2006, 05:30:58 PM by Sapphira »
"The surest way to happiness is to lose yourself in a cause greater than yourself."

« Reply #214 on: April 30, 2006, 06:03:42 PM »
Love at first site actually is quite possible.  If the first site you go to is a dating Web site, you meet that person in real life, get to know them, and fall in love... there you go!

Sapph to KS: Heh heh heh!  That's kind of funny.  But how do we know for sure that you're really a girl, Sapphira, and not just lying about that? ;)
« Last Edit: May 02, 2006, 07:43:26 AM by Yoshisaurus Rex »
The cake is a lie, your base belongs to us, keyboard cat will play you off as you fall out of the bus.

« Reply #215 on: May 01, 2006, 02:47:08 PM »
The only thing I believe in is the cold hard science of................................relegion.
That is all.

« Reply #216 on: May 01, 2006, 07:57:22 PM »
Not to be mean or anything, but how many more speeling mistaiks are we going two hav?

« Reply #217 on: May 03, 2006, 11:01:07 PM »
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/purgatory

Yeah, I'm lazy. I hope this answers at least some of people's questions about purgatory.

Sapphira: There is a reference to purgatory in Maccabees 2 in the Catholic Bible. If I recall correctly, Maccabees 1 and 2 were omitted from the Protestant Bible by Martin Luther or one of the other Reformation people.

Also, this might shed some light on the matter of indulgence-selling, which provoked Martin Luther into rejecting the Catholic Church. It seems to me, judging from what the article says, that Johann Tetzel was either not following true Catholic doctrine on indulgences or wording what he said in a very inaccurate way; so it still looks to me like Church doctrine itself cannot be blamed for the "corruption" Martin Luther denounced.
GEIANDGIRLCO DIRECT - The Sensitive Alternative

« Reply #218 on: May 03, 2006, 11:02:40 PM »
lol, Bible editing

Koopaslaya

• Kansas
« Reply #219 on: May 04, 2006, 02:13:10 PM »

Sapphira: There is a reference to purgatory in Maccabees 2 in the Catholic Bible. If I recall correctly, Maccabees 1 and 2 were omitted from the Protestant Bible by Martin Luther or one of the other Reformation people.

Yes, In the Catholic Bible, Mac 1&2, parts, of Daniel, Ezra, and others were omitted because in thier origional language, they were not in hebrew. THe Jews didn't use them after a council, so Mr. Luther did not his people to use them. The Catholics, however, kept the Deuterocanonicals, (incorrectly called  the Apocrypha by Protestants). The real  apocrypha are those books such as the Gnostic Gospel of Judas etc...
Εὐθύνατε τὴν ὁδὸν Κυρίου

« Reply #220 on: May 04, 2006, 02:35:21 PM »
Smfan1085: Lazy?  Nah.  This works better so people can read it for themselves.  Looks like wikipedia is the new eBay for information! (and a resource I wasn't allowed to use in my writing class)

Speaking of the Gnostic Gospels, has anyone read The Davinci Code yet or know anything about it? (I know a little but I think that I should give you all a chance to talk and be quiet for awhile).  I didn't mean to change the subject, but that just came to mind.  Concerning purgatory, I think that the Bible verses in wikipedia were misinterpreted and the authors were really talking about "heck" or examples of punishment or salvation in life (that's just my opinion though).  Maybe I might read the rest of that page soon so I don't get left behind.

I wish people wouldn't use indulgence selling to get money.  If you talk about it a little, I don't mind (because I do believe in God's blessings to generous and unselfish people) but not as a form of getting money.  It should always be about helping others with no expectation of anything in return (which is hard to do for me).  However, maybe some people may do that unintentionally or just too often, but it's not always easy to tell.

Maybe I should change my question to "Which of the following do you believe has, does, or will exist/is true?" so I can add more options.  Such as... the book of Deezer.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2006, 02:47:51 PM by Yoshisaurus Rex »

Koopaslaya

• Kansas
« Reply #221 on: May 04, 2006, 03:24:50 PM »
YSR, no. Wiki is correct on this. In fact, I even have talked to a priest about it. Purgatory is a good place. You can not go to hell from there.  All it is, is a house cleaning place. So that you will be completely pure upon entering heaven. Yes, you can skip Purgatory, if in fact you are truly sorry and forgiven before you die. I'm not even going to try to explain confession.

Also, yes the DaVinci Code is very cool. It's a great story. This is what people don't understand. It is just a story. It's not the truth. That book is mostly fiction. If people would understand that it is only a story, there would be no uproar.   
Εὐθύνατε τὴν ὁδὸν Κυρίου

« Reply #222 on: May 04, 2006, 06:32:07 PM »
The main problem concerning the Da Vinci Code is that the author LIED and said that the book is based on true historical fact. I think there's a book called The Da Vinci Hoax that proves he was lying when he said that.

Concerning purgatory, I think that the Bible verses in wikipedia were misinterpreted and the authors were really talking about "heck" or examples of punishment or salvation in life (that's just my opinion though).

I may be misunderstanding you, but Maccabees 2 couldn't have been talking about Hell. The passage mentions praying for the dead, and praying for the dead wouldn't make sense if the dead people in question are certainly either in Heaven or Hell; if they're in Heaven, they're already perfectly happy, and if they're in Hell, they have no hope of any sort.
GEIANDGIRLCO DIRECT - The Sensitive Alternative

Koopaslaya

• Kansas
« Reply #223 on: May 04, 2006, 06:52:24 PM »
smfan1085, you are 100% correct.
Εὐθύνατε τὴν ὁδὸν Κυρίου

« Reply #224 on: May 04, 2006, 07:02:56 PM »
Also, yes the DaVinci Code is very cool. It's a great story. This is what people don't understand. It is just a story. It's not the truth. That book is mostly fiction. If people would understand that it is only a story, there would be no uproar.   

My parents say the Davinci Code is a lot of nonsense. And my dad is Protestant and my mom is Catholic...they actually agree on something.

Print