Poll

Which of the following do you believe has, does, or will exist, or is true?

Good luck
4 (0.6%)
Aliens
22 (3.2%)
Angels
29 (4.2%)
Bigfoot
6 (0.9%)
Demons
23 (3.3%)
Elves
5 (0.7%)
Ghosts
19 (2.7%)
Heaven
40 (5.8%)
Hell
38 (5.5%)
Living dinosaurs today
6 (0.9%)
Leprechauns
6 (0.9%)
Loch Ness Monster
13 (1.9%)
The Trinity
6 (0.9%)
Mermaids
4 (0.6%)
Moth Man
2 (0.3%)
Other dimensions (as in worlds)
15 (2.2%)
The possibility of teleportation
10 (1.4%)
UFOs
19 (2.7%)
Yetis
4 (0.6%)
Santa Claus
8 (1.2%)
Chewbacca
5 (0.7%)
Vampires
3 (0.4%)
Satan
26 (3.8%)
Fairies
5 (0.7%)
Miracles
18 (2.6%)
ESP
9 (1.3%)
None of these things
1 (0.1%)
Prophetic dreams/visions
22 (3.2%)
Telepathic connections
10 (1.4%)
Witches/Witchcraft
10 (1.4%)
Hobbits
1 (0.1%)
Multiple gods
4 (0.6%)
Atlantis
6 (0.9%)
Nirvana
3 (0.4%)
Speaking in tongues
8 (1.2%)
Greek legends
2 (0.3%)
Luigi in SM64 (don't even!)
8 (1.2%)
Magic
9 (1.3%)
Sesame Street
6 (0.9%)
Spontaneous combustion
9 (1.3%)
Fate
11 (1.6%)
Unicorns
2 (0.3%)
Griffins
2 (0.3%)
Fawns
2 (0.3%)
Dragons
7 (1%)
Tanukis
5 (0.7%)
Phoenixes
3 (0.4%)
Pegasus
2 (0.3%)
Jesus as God's son
24 (3.5%)
The Rapture
12 (1.7%)
Love at first site
11 (1.6%)
Soul mates
13 (1.9%)
Superstition as real
4 (0.6%)
Limbo
7 (1%)
Reincarnation
6 (0.9%)
Fountain of Youth
6 (0.9%)
Time travel
12 (1.7%)
Werewolves
2 (0.3%)
Centaurs
1 (0.1%)
Zombies
3 (0.4%)
The Apocalypse
14 (2%)
The existence of the missing link(s)
7 (1%)
The possibility of world peace
8 (1.2%)
Girls on the internet!
21 (3%)
Bob
9 (1.3%)
Bob's mom
5 (0.7%)
Gaia
2 (0.3%)
Future mass extinction
7 (1%)
Human cloning without side affects
6 (0.9%)
Purgatory
3 (0.4%)
Alternate realities
5 (0.7%)
Voodoo
2 (0.3%)
Evil curses
3 (0.4%)
Absolutes
4 (0.6%)
Relativity of knowledge
3 (0.4%)
The Secret Page
6 (0.9%)

Total Members Voted: 52

Print

Author Topic: I Don't Believe It!  (Read 91870 times)

« Reply #150 on: April 11, 2006, 04:04:38 PM »
But I don't know how to vote.

I believe in believers or followers of Wicca (a Wiccan) but I don't believe that they have powers.

I believe in superstitious people and superstition, but not that the thing they're superstitious about is true.

I don't believe in other gods, but does that mean gods other than the Christian/Jewish god? The wording is biased in its current form because no previous gods are listed and it assumes a specific god.

And what is meant by the missing link?

« Reply #151 on: April 11, 2006, 04:10:44 PM »
Well, from there on, it's common sense... Assume that witches actually use magic, you just said you believe in superstition, and if you believe in other gods, then you're polytheist; like me.

...What missing link? EDIT: Oh, I think it's just a joke.

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #152 on: April 11, 2006, 04:20:14 PM »
Missing link probably refers to the misplaced notion that there is a single glaring gap in human evolution. 

BTW, I voted for UFO.  Not because I believe in little green men in flying saucers, but because I believe that a flying object can be unidentified.  I demonstrated this in class by throwing something accross the room when someone asked me if I believed in UFOs.

Also, this poll has a glaring omission.

Edit:  Fixed.  http://www.subgenius.com/bigfist/FIST2004-1/X0559_Over_Three_Hundred_P.html  I still say, "Bob does not exist."
« Last Edit: April 11, 2006, 04:22:12 PM by Luigison »
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

« Reply #153 on: April 11, 2006, 04:57:01 PM »
PaperLuigi, read my post from earlier, that is the right reason.

I'm just believing what my history teacher told me. Either he's right, or he's making it up. (Which, I doubt.)
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #154 on: April 11, 2006, 07:39:29 PM »
There are more possibilities than those two.
That was a joke.

« Reply #155 on: April 12, 2006, 02:05:51 PM »
LD: Other gods started out as pagan gods, then Sapphira told me to change it to other gods, and... honestly I don't know what it means either!  Sorry for the confustion.  Maybe I should think of something.

For the missling link, I meant if there actually is a link we'll find that will prove the evolution of monkey to man (or whatever it was).  So, I guess it's kind of like asking if you believe in evolution.  I can change that if you want (but I don't like to do that after someone has voted for it already).

Luigison: So THATS what you've been talking about for so long! XD That is funny.  Yessiree Bob!

Edit: A new one? LOL! Thanks.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2006, 02:07:22 PM by Yoshisaurus Rex »
(E I): o{D___(--I I): o(D___(o 8(= P)___(=(:  )@)___(3 I)}:O})+)___<( )=(: )) )
The cake is a lie, your base belongs to us, keyboard cat will play you off as you fall out of the bus.

« Reply #156 on: April 12, 2006, 02:12:07 PM »
There is no one link. That's an old, far outdated notion. There are tons of species between monkey and man.

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #157 on: April 12, 2006, 02:24:13 PM »
Luigison: So THATS what you've been talking about for so long! XD That is funny.  Yessiree Bob!
Actually, I got it from DarkBASIC.  In DarkBASIC if you call a sprite (BlitterOBject) that you have not created it gives the error message, "Bob does not exist."  I only recently found the link I posted above.

There is no one link. That's an old, far outdated notion. There are tons of species between monkey and man.
Woman on the other hand...  Nevermind.  Anyway, humans did not evolve from the modern day monkey or ape, but it's likely that we share a common ancestor.  The fossile record is incomplete, but the vast similiarities in great ape and human DNA support the theory of evolution.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2006, 02:30:57 PM by Luigison »
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

Luigison

• Old Person™

« Reply #159 on: April 13, 2006, 08:41:24 PM »
Hmmm... indeed.  I'll read the rest of that tomorrow hopefully.  But I have a few questions to ask.  First, how do we know this is a real fossil and not another one that was made, changed, or put together from other bones?  Second, how do we know it isnt't a different kind of animal we haven't discovered yet or something?  Third, is it possible that mankind was different before the Flood IF it really happened?

(I heard about a theory of a sphere of water that surrounded the Earth before the flood and it supposedly filtered the sun light so people could be healther, have stronger bodies, and live longer.  Then God could have made that fall apart over the Earth, along with water coming out of the ground, in order to flood the world.  This theory sounds possible because Genesis 1:6 mentioned something about water in the sky "between" the waters on the ground or whatever.  Maybe it could be the nephilim too, but I won't even go there again).

Sorry that I rambled on like that before I even read the article, but I will try to get to it when I got time.  And I'm also sorry if I sound like a huge skeptic.

Bob exists... and you know it.  He's watching you... right now. @_@

Edit: I changed two things on the list! (the weren't very good ideas anyway)
« Last Edit: April 14, 2006, 09:08:11 AM by Yoshisaurus Rex »
The cake is a lie, your base belongs to us, keyboard cat will play you off as you fall out of the bus.

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #160 on: April 13, 2006, 09:16:29 PM »
...This theory sounds possible because Genesis 1:6 mentioned something about water in the sky "between" the waters on the ground or whatever).  ... ...I'm also sorry if I sound like a huge skeptic...
Well, I don't use your "sounds possible because Genesis" type logic.  Also, this type of reasoning does not make you a 'huge skeptic'. 

Skeptic:
1.  One who instinctively or habitually doubts, questions, or disagrees with assertions or generally accepted conclusions.
2.  One inclined to skepticism in religious matters.

« Reply #161 on: April 14, 2006, 09:14:00 AM »
Oh, that's good to know.  I feel like I disagree with evolution a lot but I'll try to open my mind more.  Trying to separate my mind from the Bible is like trying to take away meat from a pit bull! XD
Woman on the other hand...  Nevermind.
No kidding.  That's like... a whole new ball field.  I once read an article in Popular Science about how different the minds of men and women are, and I fouldn't believe it!

Sapph: I forgot to ask, what kind of counselor did you want to be?  And for what age group?

Kuromatsu

• 黒松
« Reply #162 on: April 15, 2006, 02:55:14 PM »
Maybe you should consider removing some of the questions. For example, some that say zero. There's already too many questions already.

« Reply #163 on: April 15, 2006, 05:13:40 PM »
Yeah, I'm trying to change the ones that stay at zero for long periods of time.  I replaced two recently (and hopefully someone will believe in teleportation!)

Mario Maniac

• Loose buttons
« Reply #164 on: April 18, 2006, 10:50:43 AM »
Multiple gods... if that were true, then Greek and Roman religion would still exist, pagan rituals would not be so mysterious, and worshiping idols would be practiced more often. The simple fact that Jews, Christians, and Muslims all condemn the worship of multiple gods/idols means something...
People who like video games should also like Nintendo. People who don't like Nintendo obviously don't like video games.

Print