Print

Author Topic: Dr. Mario Online Rx Details for North America  (Read 20245 times)

Super-Jesse

• Unstoppable News Machine
« on: May 07, 2008, 06:14:07 PM »
With the launch of the Nintendo Channel in North America today, Nintendo unveiled some new details concerning WiiWare's Dr. Mario title. The official name is now Dr. Mario Online Rx, and is priced at 1000 Wii Points, or $10.00. A video in the Nintendo Channel showed a release date of 5/12/2008 for the game.

Link: The Nintendo Channel
« Last Edit: May 20, 2008, 01:28:10 PM by Deezer »
<Kojinka> When I saw this thread back on top, I was afraid this was gonna be another pointless bump by a new member, but when I saw Super-Jesse's username, my fears were laid to rest.

Kimimaru

• Max Stats
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2008, 06:18:50 PM »
Nice!
The Mario series is the best! It has every genre in video games but RTS'! It also has a plumber who does different roles, a princess, and a lot of odd creatures who don't seem to poop!

Wiiario

• Has seen Kirby naked
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2008, 08:52:57 PM »
Uhh, they DID give a release date! Check the video again, look at the scene where he's downloading the game from the Wii Shop Channel and you'll see "Release date: May 12." 

Edit: I checked the video again and..... yes. It's the real deal. If you don't believe me, check the "What's Wiiware" video. It's out 5/12/2008!
« Last Edit: May 07, 2008, 09:14:50 PM by Wiiario »
I really don't care much for logic.

missingno

• ▄█ 'M ▓▒
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2008, 09:33:09 PM »
Eh, not worth 10 dollars if you ask me. I have the original version on NES. :D
Ditto used Machop!

Super-Jesse

« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2008, 12:01:37 AM »
Uhh, they DID give a release date! Check the video again, look at the scene where he's downloading the game from the Wii Shop Channel and you'll see "Release date: May 12." 

Edit: I checked the video again and..... yes. It's the real deal. If you don't believe me, check the "What's Wiiware" video. It's out 5/12/2008!

Yeah, I did a quick re-glance over the video, and they indeed DO have the date on there, thanks a ton Wiiario for x2 checking my work :-D
<Kojinka> When I saw this thread back on top, I was afraid this was gonna be another pointless bump by a new member, but when I saw Super-Jesse's username, my fears were laid to rest.

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2008, 10:26:42 AM »
Eh, not worth 10 dollars if you ask me. I have the original version on NES. :D

Not worth it to me either...  especially since I'm still working on 100% completion in Brawl, and I haven't even touched my VC-downloaded Legend of Zelda yet.
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

missingno

• ▄█ 'M ▓▒
« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2008, 11:40:35 AM »
I've been doing that a bit lately, but I've also managed time for Mario Kart Wii, various NES games, and various GB/GBC games.
Ditto used Machop!

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #7 on: May 08, 2008, 05:14:28 PM »
I would play SMB Deluxe more if the cartirdge could keep save data on it...  but it's broken now--the game plays fine, but the save data disappears after you turn the GBC off.

The next VC game I buy will likely be Ocarina of Time.  Am I right in thinking this is probably a better use for ten dollars?

Super-Jesse

« Reply #8 on: May 08, 2008, 05:21:55 PM »
I would play SMB Deluxe more if the cartirdge could keep save data on it...  but it's broken now--the game plays fine, but the save data disappears after you turn the GBC off.

The next VC game I buy will likely be Ocarina of Time.  Am I right in thinking this is probably a better use for ten dollars?

You'd be crazy to argue otherwise.

missingno

• ▄█ 'M ▓▒
« Reply #9 on: May 08, 2008, 05:56:52 PM »

The Pokémon Gold I bought from my friend (it came with a GBA SP, two Game Boy Pockets, a Game Boy Color, a GBA link cable, a GBA radio adapter, and about nine other games) has the same problem.

Ocarina of Time is also way more worth it than Dr. Mario. Although I wouldn't buy the VC version, since I have the Collector's Edition (got it for free for owning specific games back in the day)
Ditto used Machop!

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #10 on: May 08, 2008, 09:05:18 PM »
Pokémon games seem to be notorious for having bad batteries. We get more returns of Pokémon games where I work on account of they don't save than any other GB games I can think of.
That was a joke.

missingno

• ▄█ 'M ▓▒
« Reply #11 on: May 08, 2008, 09:22:58 PM »
Yeah my friend's Sapphire, it saves, but the time doesn't change or anything.
Ditto used Machop!

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #12 on: May 09, 2008, 11:14:48 AM »
My Emerald works fine, but it's relatively new (the manual actually accounts for playing it on a DS).

missingno

• ▄█ 'M ▓▒
« Reply #13 on: May 09, 2008, 11:28:38 AM »
My Sapphire works fine too, though I'm not sure where it is.
Ditto used Machop!

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #14 on: May 09, 2008, 11:30:23 AM »
Seriously?  I have no idea where my FireRed, LeafGreen, or Emerald games are.  Counting those and SM64DS, I've lost 4 games.

Print