Print

Author Topic: Are there any Kirby fans here?  (Read 2800 times)

« on: December 25, 2000, 12:38:24 PM »
I just got "Kirby 64: The Crystal Stars" for Christmas and it kicks!  It's a pity they can't make "Mario" games that good, anymore.

Mega 2
Cybernetic Abiogenesis Project
Mega 2

« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2000, 10:32:07 AM »
I guess nobody else likes "Kirby."

Lee "Mega 2" Sherman

Sneaky Lying Cheating Giant Ninja Koopa
Mega 2

« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2000, 01:14:11 AM »
The Kirby games are alright, they're just waaayy too easy.  The power-up system in Kirby 64 was really cool though :D  The rocket launcher and dynamite were my favorite transformations.
Haters gonna hate

« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2000, 10:43:46 AM »
I just realized yesterday (when I beat it) that "Kirby 64" is really easy.  It took five days!  That's even less than "Yoshi's Island."  I was hoping it would be more like "Kirby's Dreamland," which never seemed to end!  Games these days are getting easier and easier to beat.

Lee "Mega 2" Sherman

Mega 2

Deezer

• Invincible
« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2000, 12:42:03 PM »
I don't know about Kirby 64, but sure, one can really rip through Yoshi's Island -- if you're not going for points.

« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2001, 12:24:54 PM »
I definitely felt like a bad-ass when I got 100 points on each level in Yoshi's Island. :D  Still haven't got perfects on all the special courses. . .

Kirby 64 though. . . even getting all the crystals really doesn't seem that tough. . .  It was good to finally see a decent side scroller on the N64 though.
Haters gonna hate

« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2001, 12:13:07 AM »
Kirby's the best!!! I also agree with Mega 2- games these days are just getting easier and easier... oh well.

« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2001, 10:59:31 PM »
Did you guys ever consider that maybe you're getting better, and the level of difficulty hasn't changed as much as you think?

I remember when Super Mario Bros. 3 first came out, I could not get past the third Land (the water one) no matter what I did, I could not get through that spot without a whistle.  I picked up the game and started playing it again a few months ago, and tore through the third World like it was nothing.  As I did with the fourth, fifth, and the first half of the sixth and beggining of the seventh (that's when it starts to get sticky).

Maybe the games aren't getting easier.  Maybe you're just getting better. . .
Haters gonna hate

« Reply #8 on: January 19, 2001, 01:51:15 PM »
True, very true. As for Kirby 64, love it, simply love it. The new power-up system is great, and I loooove the pseudo 3d/2d format. If only the did a Mario game that way...

« Reply #9 on: January 21, 2001, 08:46:22 AM »
Mega 2, you're so full of contradictions!

Kirby's Dreamland (the GB version) is one of the most stupidly easiest games I have ever played. Even back when it was new and I was no older than nine I still completed it in one sitting.

Kirby's Adventure is a little better, but still hardly a challenge.

SMW2 is one of the greatest platformers ever made. I don't know WHY you don't like it (as all of your reasons totally contradict everything you've said about other games) and that bugs me a little.
Webmaster
nindb.classicgaming.gamespy.com - Nintendo Database

« Reply #10 on: January 21, 2001, 02:55:31 PM »
Fryguy-Why are you always so confrontational?  Not everyone has to have the same opinions as you.

Lee "Mega 2" Sherman

Mega 2

Print