Print

Author Topic: New Super Mario Brothers Wii  (Read 163391 times)

« Reply #270 on: October 15, 2009, 12:53:05 PM »
Does anyone else thinks Iggy looks... very different? I mean, he does have the glasses still but he looks like he's been pumping iron!

He's the one with the wand right?

Yeah, he seems taller, lankier and his hair is now a light green shade. I guess they wanted to differentiate him from Lemmy since the two were practically twins in their original appearances
As a game that requires six friends, an HDTV, and skill, I can see why the majority of TMK is going to hate on it hard.

Forest Guy

• Anything else?
« Reply #271 on: October 15, 2009, 01:04:17 PM »
I wish they would've redone all the Koopalings like that. Not drastically different, just update them a little.
= = = = = = =
Agender, curry fan, Top 10 lister, indie dev, gym hitter, musician, et al.

Tv_Themes

• Voted off the island
« Reply #272 on: October 15, 2009, 03:13:24 PM »

Yeah, he seems taller, lankier and his hair is now a light green shade. I guess they wanted to differentiate him from Lemmy since the two were practically twins in their original appearances

>_>

Lemmy: Basically a clown, knows how to walk on a ball.

Iggy: Basically a nerd, wore glasses.

And this makes them twins?
Unless you are cloned, you do not need to look like a midget version of your dad. Okay Bowser Jr.?

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #273 on: October 15, 2009, 04:27:51 PM »
In case anyone missed all three scans:  http://news.vgchartz.com/news.php?id=5547
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

Tv_Themes

• Voted off the island
« Reply #274 on: October 15, 2009, 04:44:08 PM »
The reason the Ice suit was changed was because it would cause confusion with the two Toads being identical other than their colors. Mario and Luigi look different.
Unless you are cloned, you do not need to look like a midget version of your dad. Okay Bowser Jr.?

« Reply #275 on: October 15, 2009, 05:13:22 PM »

They are all holding wands aren't they (excpet for Jr)?
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #276 on: October 15, 2009, 05:28:12 PM »
Iggy and Lemmy were always very similar-looking to me in the games. Not so much in the art.
That was a joke.

« Reply #277 on: October 15, 2009, 05:29:49 PM »
And this makes them twins?

When they look identical, yes that makes them twins. A difference in personality doesn't affect their appearance.

They are all holding wands aren't they (excpet for Jr)?

Oh yeah, didn't notice that. I meant the one who's wand was powering up/being used.
As a game that requires six friends, an HDTV, and skill, I can see why the majority of TMK is going to hate on it hard.

Tv_Themes

• Voted off the island
« Reply #278 on: October 15, 2009, 05:31:22 PM »
Iggy and Lemmy only looked like twins when they were Hip & Hop.

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #279 on: October 15, 2009, 07:42:37 PM »
The redesigned Iggy reminds me of an old idea I had when I was imagining the Koopa Kids' big return in my dream Mario game.  I imagined that all the Koopalings would return as fully-grown adults, each with his or her own respective careers.  Larry would be a rock star, Morton a fast food chef, Wendy a candy maker, Iggy a psychologist (who would hypnotize the Mario Bros. to mess up their controls), Roy as a professional wrestler, Lemmy as a ringmaster, and Ludwig as a mad scientist.  Guess that kind of came true.

I always thought Iggy was the mad scientist and Ludwig was a classical musician. :P

Tv_Themes

• Voted off the island
« Reply #280 on: October 15, 2009, 08:23:29 PM »
http://www.gonintendo.com/viewstory.php?id=100639

New trailers.

- The Penguin suit is still there, it apparently gives its wearer the power to slide on ice like penguins do.
- The Tiny Mushroom Power-up is there, no sign of the "racially stereotyped" Mega Mushroom.
- Luigi looks great in his ice suits.
- ICE HAMMER BROS!

Kimimaru

• Max Stats
« Reply #281 on: October 15, 2009, 08:58:12 PM »
Viewing these scans and videos makes me want the game even more.
The Mario series is the best! It has every genre in video games but RTS'! It also has a plumber who does different roles, a princess, and a lot of odd creatures who don't seem to poop!

Tv_Themes

• Voted off the island
« Reply #282 on: October 15, 2009, 09:40:41 PM »

« Reply #283 on: October 15, 2009, 11:17:55 PM »
I guess since Bowser Jr. has a voice it would make sense for the Koopalings to have voices too...(We'll need to buy more earplugs).

I second that.

Hurry up and be Nov.15th already!!! I can't wait for this game to come out! :D

I'm a little disappointed in the chosen color scheme for Ice Mario. I would've chosen I different look for him. Maybe give him turquoise overalls with a white shirt and hat. Anyway, the game is looking AWESOME.
"It's vital to reflect occasionally on whether one is overdoing whatever it is one person is doing." ~Toadsworth

« Reply #284 on: October 15, 2009, 11:18:01 PM »
http://mariobroswii.com/

Win, thy name is NSMBWii.

I second that.
Thoid'd.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2009, 11:20:32 PM by jdaster64 »
If she is indeed genetically mutated such that she has an eye in the back of her head, then I guess that she is genetically mutated and has an eye in the back of her head.

Print