Print

Author Topic: Super Mario RPG Stuff  (Read 2664 times)

Forest Guy

• Anything else?
« on: August 12, 2003, 12:03:20 AM »
I'm opening a Forum for basic Mario RPG Talk! Excuse me if there already is one....But I'm too lazy to go check. Anywho, let's start off with this question...Why on Earth were Pirahna Plants called Smilaxes? Anyone know? is that a Japanese name for them? Or does it have a deeper meaning?

------------------------------
It is I! Meowrik! The half  cat, half Erik Video Game Geek!
 We’re the Mario Bros. and plumbing’s our game! We’re not like the others who get all the fame. If your sink is in trouble you can call us on the double! We’re faster than the others you’ll get hooked on the brothers!
= = = = = = =
Agender, curry fan, Top 10 lister, indie dev, gym hitter, musician, et al.

« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2003, 10:28:02 AM »
Here's an interesting fact: there are no Koopa Troopas in that game

Black Mage

• HP 1018 MP 685
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2003, 10:41:51 AM »
Well, Pirahna Plants were in the game. They took the shape of a Minor Enemy.

However, the Smilaxes were a Boss. They very well couldn't re-use the name Pirahna Plant, as it had been used before. And so, Square took up a word that relates to the Monster, as they do quite often.

A Smilaxe is like a vine. I believe it's usually used for decoration. Quite the clever use of words, one thing Square does quite well.

Edited by - Black Mage on 8/12/2003 9:42:31 AM

Forest Guy

• Anything else?
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2003, 10:52:14 AM »
Aha! It all makes sense now! Thanks Black Mage! And that Koopa Troopa one is very interesting too. They had those Juggernaut or whatever they were called.(I forgot their names) The guys that looked like Koopa Troopas with a White Head. They did have Paratroopas in it though...Odd. Hmm...Now for another thing. I heard that you supposedlly find Samus in Link's place in the bed in Rose Town. I never did find her. Did anyone else?

It is I! Meowrik! The half  cat, half Erik Video Game Geek!
 We’re the Mario Bros. and plumbing’s our game! We’re not like the others who get all the fame. If your sink is in trouble you can call us on the double! We’re faster than the others you’ll get hooked on the brothers!

Edited by - Meowrik on 8/12/2003 9:53:47 AM
= = = = = = =

Sapphira

• Inquiring
« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2003, 02:17:23 PM »
You can find Samus in the guest room of TMK's castle. I forget when that occurs, though. (...After rescuing Peach, maybe..??)

--------------------
Deep inside us all is a little green elf telling us to burn things.
"The surest way to happiness is to lose yourself in a cause greater than yourself."

Forest Guy

• Anything else?
« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2003, 03:19:46 PM »
Yes. I remember. I just never did it though. I never found her. Hmm.....Now for something new! Did anyone actually achieve the 100 consecutive jumps in the super jump and get that Saftey Scarf or whatever it was that you got? My top was like 23 only! Crazy.

= = = = = = =

Forest Guy

• Anything else?
« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2003, 12:22:48 PM »
And as for Belome, he was weird. What was he exactlly? Some sorta mutant dog monster or something? Weird. He was cool though. Oh but I've got a new topic for this thread! Who do you think the hardest boss was? The second Crocco. He was impossible for me when he got rid of my the tiems. But then again, that was when I was 7. But still I think he's very difficult. And Culex, although had high HP wasn't the most difficult foe in the game.

= = = = = = =

« Reply #7 on: August 13, 2003, 12:56:01 PM »
I have to say, Culex was a simple boss to beat. All you need is to equipt Geno with the Lazy shell and the that Scarf(forgot name) and then all the attacks will do 0 or 1 damage. Wait for the FP for the crystals to run out, and destroy them. With this, you could even beat him at about level 10.
No, really, I did get SMA4 six days early.

Forest Guy

• Anything else?
« Reply #8 on: August 13, 2003, 01:36:19 PM »
Yes yes. I just took Peach, Mario, and Geno, and got a bunch of Rock Candy's. I had Mario use the Rock Candy, and made sure I didn't run out by timing the button right so I got a freebie, Geno used special attacks, and Peach healed people.

= = = = = = =

« Reply #9 on: August 13, 2003, 01:49:29 PM »
My Mario can do about 300-500 damage, woo!
No, really, I did get SMA4 six days early.

Forest Guy

• Anything else?
« Reply #10 on: August 13, 2003, 04:16:10 PM »
Yesh. That reminds me! When I first played the game, I was like 7 or 8 so I wasn't really intent on making strategies and stuff. So, when the level up screen came, I didn't look to see which one gave the most points. Instead I always chose HP Increase, so now in that file, Mario and the oters all have like 450 HP! It's pretty good, but my attacks and defenses aren't too good. Who would you people say your favorite enemy in the game is? I'd have to say mine is......Jonathan Jones. I think he's SO cool. He should be in more games. I like how he helps you afterward and becomes your ally after a while.

= = = = = = =

Forest Guy

• Anything else?
« Reply #11 on: August 13, 2003, 10:46:14 PM »
But Smithy should come back too. Smithy and Jonathan Jones, Definately should come back.

= = = = = = =

Print