Print

Author Topic: How Long Where You Here?  (Read 16669 times)

Trainman

• Bob-Omg
« Reply #60 on: October 12, 2009, 11:23:42 PM »
Says a man who keeps coming back of his own free will and using the forum.

It's only a waste of time when dealing with people like you who wait at moment's notice to strike down whoever you have a disagreement with or want to make a "witty" comment about. Oh wait, that's all the time. Seems like you love trolling threads with replies from Forest Guy or me in them.

Oh yeah, in that case, to save you some time, I'm probably gonna go post in the "All Drugs Should be Legal" thread after this post, so be sure to click your way over there as fast as you can so you can pick apart my post. See ya there, man.
Formerly quite reasonable.

Forest Guy

• Anything else?
« Reply #61 on: October 12, 2009, 11:24:54 PM »
Apparently August 9th, 2003. That was during a dark time in my life when I was a total dweeb. Then I stopped coming since I stopped being a dweeb. Then I started coming again since I missed it. Then I stopped. Then I started again. Then I stopped again. Now I just sorta come back whenever I feel like I'm in too good of a mood and want to be berated by people on a Super Mario Bros. message board.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2009, 11:27:10 PM by Forest Guy »
= = = = = = =
Agender, curry fan, Top 10 lister, indie dev, gym hitter, musician, et al.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #62 on: October 12, 2009, 11:50:37 PM »
I'm going to estimate your opinion of yourself way higher than anyone else's opinion of you here.
It seems like both of you guys are just completely sure you're totally right. And also you both happen to be the biggest whiners when you're called out for BS. Grow up.
That was a joke.

« Reply #63 on: October 12, 2009, 11:50:50 PM »
Did we ever nominate you two for Best Couple?
As a game that requires six friends, an HDTV, and skill, I can see why the majority of TMK is going to hate on it hard.

Forest Guy

• Anything else?
« Reply #64 on: October 13, 2009, 12:23:53 AM »
I don't estimate I'm always right. In fact the reason I come here is for debate, and heaven knows you can't be right all the time. The problem is that instead of semi-authentic discussion, you're met with personal insults and blind elitism based off of events which transpired 6 years ago, simply because you have the luxury of hiding behind a computer screen and moderation filtering.

Perfect example being the 'If the World were a person' thread, Chup. With the irony of my post going straight over your head, you immediately proceed to inform me that I have a problem. Or the talk about Skype billing me for something, and you immediately ask if I'm sure I wasn't making calls. That's a question which assumes I'm an idiot who enters credit card numbers into random forms, and can't read. You say I think too highly of myself, and maybe that's true. But you seem to have a problem yourself, namely with condescending people.This is a video game message board, not a self-help seminar. It's that kind of self-righteous police work that people like you conduct here that has started many unnecessary conflicts. Name one time I have ever needlessly flamed your personal character based on some unrelated statement. Do I like you? No. I dislike you intensely. But I'm not going to stand here and preach to you about how you're an inferior person, because not only do I not care, and not only is it wrong, but this isn't the place to do so.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2009, 12:54:22 AM by Forest Guy »
= = = = = = =

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #65 on: October 13, 2009, 12:53:41 AM »
Me telling you that you think you're a lot better than you are is pretty different from you telling me that I'm an actually inferior person. I never said I was personally better than you. No one's as great as they think. I trust I need not point out that this of course applies to me as well. Also, you're right about the implication present in my Skype question post, although I didn't realize it at the time. It still doesn't explain how they knew where to find your credit card info, though. Finally, you can't claim that me being self-righteous is any different from you doing the same. If you act like a jerk to everyone, don't expect them to say "oh, he's right to be a jerk to me". You may have noticed that I'm more of a jerk to you than I am to most other people here. This isn't how they teach you to act in kindergarten but it's a sizable amount of the reciprocal behavior you're going to encounter from actual people (males especially).

P.S. Claiming humor after the fact is easy. I can just as easily claim that you missed the "irony" in my post succeeding yours.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2009, 12:57:24 AM by Chupperson Weird »
That was a joke.

Forest Guy

• Anything else?
« Reply #66 on: October 13, 2009, 01:02:42 AM »
In what ways am I telling you you're an inferior person? I'm just trying to tell you it's pointless to instantly jump all over anything and everything I have to say. I understand the concept of being a jerk, as I am a tremendous jerk. The thing is, I'm not going to be a total jerk on a place where I can be moderated and suspended for being such a big jerk. Lastly, tell me, how often do I act like a jerk here without any provocation. And I mean that seriously. Because I did that a lot in the past, and try to not do it anymore, so I may be doing it involuntarily. But if I am, give me an example, and I'll give you the benefit of the doubt.
= = = = = = =

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #67 on: October 14, 2009, 01:38:58 PM »
It's the Chup and Trenman and Forest Guy show!
every

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #68 on: October 14, 2009, 01:56:58 PM »
*vaudeville act where everyone beats each other up with canes and tries to upstage each other and then they wave their straw hats*
That was a joke.

« Reply #69 on: October 14, 2009, 01:59:55 PM »
In fact the reason I come here is for debate

Acceptance is the first step towards recovery. Good job.
YYur  waYur n beYur you Yur plusYur instYur an Yur Yur whaYur

« Reply #70 on: October 14, 2009, 02:09:52 PM »
*vaudeville act where everyone beats each other up with canes and tries to upstage each other and then they wave their straw hats*

FUND IT.

You could also throw in WarpRattler as the straight man and Weegee as the instigator that sneaks away before the trouble begins.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2009, 03:41:10 PM by Mr. Wiggles »
As a game that requires six friends, an HDTV, and skill, I can see why the majority of TMK is going to hate on it hard.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #71 on: October 14, 2009, 02:42:28 PM »
When do the trouble beings sneak away?
That was a joke.

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #72 on: October 14, 2009, 03:39:47 PM »
Right after Weegee.  Didn't you read Wiggles' post?
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

« Reply #73 on: October 14, 2009, 04:58:19 PM »
Trouble beings are renowned for their uncanny ability to point out typographical errors and insignificant logical fallacies.
YYur  waYur n beYur you Yur plusYur instYur an Yur Yur whaYur

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #74 on: October 14, 2009, 05:00:37 PM »
This is one of those cases where a post should have been quoted because now that it has been edited CW's post makes no sense. 
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

Print