Print

Author Topic: Things That Made You Poop A Little.  (Read 133072 times)

TEM

• THE SOVIET'S MOST DANGEROUS PUZZLE.
« on: September 20, 2008, 05:39:26 PM »
Mention and discuss things that made you drop your jaw, gasp or poop your pants in a videogame. (try not to vomit lists, give detailed descriptions of things and why you thought they were amazing)

The first time I saw the credits for Portal I was amazed. The song, the visuals and the perfect fit it had with the rest of the game makes Portal the only game I've beaten again just so I could watch the credits.

Fighting Boba Fett in Star Wars: Shadow of the Empire. I never expected to see him in the game and actually battling him one on one totally made me freak.

The first time I played Wii I thought it was the most amazing thing that ever happened. My level of freak was probably the highest ever.

« Last Edit: September 21, 2008, 07:13:30 AM by TEM »

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2008, 06:26:36 PM »
1) The name of this topic
2) The chainsaw dude in RE4 (well, actually, I pooped a lot)
3) The first time I played Portal and thought, "Whoa, Source can actually render this type of stuff?"
4) The slow irradiation death sequence in COD4
5) The ending of MGS3 (the first time I actually cried because of a videogame)
6) Seeing Crysis run on full settings on my friend's paradimensional supercomputer
7) Ravenholm
8) The Convicts fight in Dead Rising
9) Playing the first GH back in '05
10) Pretty much all of The Lurking Horror
every

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2008, 07:08:36 PM »
What I can think of at the moment:

-First watching the intro to SSBM
-First using the Wii/playing Wii Sports and Excite Truck
-Twilight Princess in general
-Playing the first level of SMG

I don't really play survival horror, war, or stealth games, so my list is somewhat limited.
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2008, 07:31:02 PM »
When I caught a shiny Tentacool.
When a wild shiny rayquaza appeared.
When said shiny rayquaza killed itself thanks from the confusion caused by his own outrage.
Many years later actually capturing the blessed shiny rayquaza after many resets until it appeared again.

Many final boss battles. Especially Zelda Ocarina of time and Wind Waker. That last one, it was truly, just... can't do it justice with words.
And generally all of Majora's Mask.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2009, 03:17:59 AM by Sapphira »
Don't use real life to avoid videogames, it is not healthy to escape from problems.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2008, 07:45:30 PM »
try not to vomit lists

Hummmmmm... When I first used the Fat Shark in F-ZERO GX. It's fast. Really fast. Then I learned how to snake and tried it on Mute City: Sonic Oval. Doing that it's REALLY FAST. I bet I'd have everything in GX unlocked if I could use the Fat Shark in the story mode instead of the Blue Falcon. Except Phoenix, Chapter 1 is ridiculous on Very Hard.

One of the last bosses of MOTHER 3. It's called the Natural Killer Cyborg (but they just call it the NK Cyborg for short). It's basically an ENORMOUS saggy pig-crab-brain-robot. It doesn't fit on the screen when you battle it.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2008, 07:48:47 PM »
The ending of Braid.

The ending of Braid.

The ending of Braid.

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2008, 10:35:33 PM »
Here's a good one: Playing Burnout Revenge as your first Burnout game. If playing Burnout for the first time is like getting high for the first time, playing Revenge is like snorting a mountain of cocain, sugar and energy drinks.
every

CrossEyed7

• i can make this whatever i want; you're not my dad
« Reply #7 on: September 20, 2008, 10:44:57 PM »
The first time I played Excite Truck. Then, the first time I played the Nebula level in Excite Truck.

Also, every time I played F-Zero GX in progressive scan on a big projector.

All of them made me short of breath for a while.
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

Deezer

• Invincible
« Reply #8 on: September 21, 2008, 07:52:57 AM »
First time encountering giant banana peels in Double Dash.

SolidShroom

• Poop Man
« Reply #9 on: September 21, 2008, 09:31:40 AM »
Encountering the WEAPONS in FFVII. Ultima Weapon scared the crap out of me, but the subsequent destruction after meeting Emerald and Ruby was also very poop-worthy.

Also, I when I completed SM64DS 100% only to get to the castle roof and found out that there is pretty much nothing up there.

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #10 on: September 21, 2008, 11:37:04 AM »
Two of the three endings of R-TYPE Final.

The first ending is the "proper" ending of the game, in which you finally destroy the Bydo Empire. After flying through the most disturbing level in any retail shooter ever (except maybe Cho Aniki, which doesn't count), you have to fling the Force - your power-up sphere that is the main weapon of the R-TYPE series - into the Bydo Core, then blast it a bit, and then, while dodging flying Force spheres, hold the square button until your weapon's now-cracked charge meter is flashing the word "FINAL" - about 45 seconds, which normally doesn't seem like a long time, but feels like an eternity here. The two seconds following the release of that button are simultaneously the most awesome display of power by a player character in any shmup ever and the end of the God-forsaken Bydo Empire (R-TYPE Command doesn't go against the second part of that statement because it's a prequel).

In the stage before the second ending, you appear in a spinning room with a monster that drops polyhedrons and fires at you and stuff. All you have to do is destroy the monster. However, the cutscene and the stage that follows are the largest shift in any shmup I've ever played. Spoilers below for anyone who doesn't care enough to play the game themselves...

At the beginning of the stage, you fly through the front wall of the previous stage, where you transformed into a Bydo ship. You must destroy ships from no less than seven series used in Operation: Last Dance, finishing with a single R9-A, who steals your Force halfway through the battle.

Unfortunately, the third ending isn't nearly as epic as either of the other two, unless you're talking about difficulty - it's an endurance run, in which you get cast forward into the 26th century (when the Bydo were created) and have a single chance to fight your way back to your own time.

Also, every stage of SPAC3 INVADERS EXTR3ME. You guys should've bought this game back in June (or earlier, if imports are your thing), so I'm not going to explain it.

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #11 on: September 21, 2008, 12:47:03 PM »
1. Collecting all 3 Dragoon Parts in Kirby Air Ride without knowing what they were, then assembling the thing.
2. Like Uvaz, encountering my first shiny pokemon.
3. Playing Kingdom Hearts 2 for the first time (not counting the 4-hour intro, which was rather unimpressive).
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

« Reply #12 on: September 21, 2008, 12:51:45 PM »
I don't think anything in a videogame has amazed me more than the first time I saw the circling-around-the-castle intro to SM64.

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #13 on: September 21, 2008, 02:36:36 PM »
Also, every stage of SPAC3 INVADERS EXTR3ME.

I really wish people would stop spelling it that way. I don't care if it's correct.
every

missingno

• ▄█ 'M ▓▒
« Reply #14 on: September 21, 2008, 03:50:04 PM »
Here's some

1. My first video game, Super Mario Bros. 3.
2. Beating the first video game I ever played.
3. Getting the SNES
4. Finally finding a copy of Super Mario World after renting it many, many times.
5. The N64's release.
6. Playing said N64.
7. Super Mario 64.
8. The Game Boy Color
9. Playing Super Mario Bros. 2 on the GBA
10. Animal Crossing
11. The Wii
Ditto used Machop!

Print