Print

Author Topic: Tanooki Suit Confirmed for Super Mario 3DS  (Read 7348 times)

Kimimaru

• Max Stats
« on: April 25, 2011, 03:48:45 PM »
Miyamoto officially confirmed that "Super Mario" for the 3DS will contain the Tanooki Suit and be a combination of Super Mario Galaxy and Super Mario 64. Furthermore, the game is slated for release sometime this year.

Article: http://www.next-gen.biz/news/miyamoto-reveals-more-on-mario-3ds
The Mario series is the best! It has every genre in video games but RTS'! It also has a plumber who does different roles, a princess, and a lot of odd creatures who don't seem to poop!

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2011, 03:54:17 PM »
Here's hoping that by "combination of Super Mario Galaxy and Super Mario 64" they mean "lots of nonlinear courses, as per Super Mario 64."
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2011, 03:55:31 PM »
No pictures as of yet?! I am disappoint.
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2011, 07:15:03 PM »
Here's hoping that by "combination of Super Mario Galaxy and Super Mario 64" they mean "lots of nonlinear courses, as per Super Mario 64."

My guess is something more along the lines of "lots of courses as linear as Galaxy's, but not in space, as per Super Mario 64".  Great to hear that the Raccoon Suit's back, though; it looks for all intents and purposes that the old-school powerup system could be back.
If she is indeed genetically mutated such that she has an eye in the back of her head, then I guess that she is genetically mutated and has an eye in the back of her head.

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2011, 08:24:54 PM »
I might like a Peach's Castle type Hub, but on a sphere. 
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2011, 12:56:54 AM »
I know it's old and unnecessary nowadays, but I like having a button for run, and with the older kind of flight mechanic (maybe) returning, this seems as good a chance as any for button run to come back too.
"We are just an advanced breed of monkeys on a minor planet of a very average star. But we can understand the Universe. That makes us something very special." Stephen Hawking

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2011, 01:34:51 AM »
It was in Super Mario 64 DS, and last I checked, nobody liked it

I didn't really care, personally
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #7 on: April 26, 2011, 06:55:01 AM »
It was in SM64DS so as to avoid having Mario sprint everywhere when you touch the D-Pad. Unnecessary with the 3DS.
If my son could decimate Lego cities with his genitals, I'd be [darn] proud.

« Reply #8 on: April 26, 2011, 12:40:21 PM »
You kids these days. Back in my time, we played SM64DS with the included thumb-nub AND WE LIKED IT!

* Lizard Dude looks down and shakes his head.

Run button, I'll tell you what...

« Reply #9 on: April 26, 2011, 01:02:45 PM »
YYur  waYur n beYur you Yur plusYur instYur an Yur Yur whaYur

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #10 on: April 26, 2011, 01:32:16 PM »
Ohh I remember that! The first DS had a wrist strap with a plastic pad, and you were supposed to rope it around your thumb and use it on the touch screen like a control stick.

It was dumb
It's YOUR problem!

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #11 on: April 26, 2011, 02:51:59 PM »
I and now Nintendo agree it seems:

According to the summary on Nintendo Everything: "Nintendo feels that gaming is better with buttons, so you won’t see a machine without them." 
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

« Reply #12 on: April 27, 2011, 03:47:17 AM »
The thumb-nub and virtual analog stick were kind of weird, but I got 150 stars SO IT APPARENTLY WORKED

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #13 on: April 27, 2011, 12:48:59 PM »
Good job
It's YOUR problem!

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #14 on: April 27, 2011, 05:04:26 PM »
I got 150 stars without one.  Of course it was a pain as I assume getting used to the nub was a pain for you, but we both stuck through to the end. 

Reminds me of the videos I saw comparing Tiny Hawk and the iPhone ripoff Tiny Skater:  http://indiegames.com/2011/04/tiny-hawk-plagiarised-as-tiny-skater-on-app-store.html

Print