Print

Author Topic: All right now who do ya want in Smash Bros. 4  (Read 35853 times)

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #15 on: April 30, 2011, 05:55:32 PM »
I thought Zoroark was likely but then realized, well, it's not actually getting a lot of publicity despite being the first gen 5'er. I bet it gets its own [dukar]ty movie later on though! And talks!

It'd still be a somewhat poor design choice from a having-logic-brains point of view if you ask me, considering how exclusive it is as an event Pokémon. I can't think of anything to compare the situation to...

@ Chef Man: Ninten has potential, that being Ana's moves that never appeared in the later EarthBound games. Brain Cyclone and PK Beam and stuff. He had his own teleport move only for escaping battles. But I'd rather they bring in a character with no PSI, especially Duster or Teddy. There I go, fantasizing about how each, any and all playable EB characters would work in Smash Bros THANKS FOR SETTING ME OFF YOU SHOULDA KNOWN TO NOT DO THAT

I still have to strongly contest the idea of playable Miis in games with real playable characters. They ain't got no souls man
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #16 on: April 30, 2011, 06:09:46 PM »
I bet it gets its own [dukar]ty movie later on though! And talks!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pok%C3%A9mon:_Zoroark:_Master_of_Illusions

I'd still like to see the player character from Animal Crossing. It would make more sense than Tom Nook, in my humble-yet-correct opinion.
YYur  waYur n beYur you Yur plusYur instYur an Yur Yur whaYur

« Reply #17 on: April 30, 2011, 06:20:52 PM »
At least with Player Character the options for his/her attacks would he easy. Use the fishing pole for ^B, shovel for vB, I guess bug net for smash B, dunno for nuetral, and their [whatever replaces the Final Smash] could have the train or taxi storm through.

On the other hand, Tom could pay the other characters off, or hit them with his massive tanuki scrotum. And that would be great. 

I don't really know of anyone new to put in, though I like the idea of an Advance Wars character, but I hope they make it so you can save the setting for match types, and be able to name them. Then you can just hit one thing to play by either stick-in-the-mud type rules (Fox only, no items, Final Destination), or kooky, no-idea-what's-happening.

Also, I hope they keep R.O.B., but that's mostly because that's who I'm best with.
"We are just an advanced breed of monkeys on a minor planet of a very average star. But we can understand the Universe. That makes us something very special." Stephen Hawking

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #18 on: April 30, 2011, 06:45:03 PM »
I have a feeling they never intended to put an Animal Crossing character in there. They overcompensated for it by having a stage and like ten million songs, stickers and trophies.

« Reply #19 on: April 30, 2011, 07:56:48 PM »
I would guess that Zoroark will replace Mewtwo/Lucario.

I would hate that. They can have him in it if and only if Mewtwo comes back.
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #20 on: April 30, 2011, 08:22:20 PM »
Even if I totally hate Animal Crossing I respect its presence in Brawl for what it is. It's really perfect, if you think about it. It's not really a game at all, and it's kinda just theeeeeeeere, so, what better way to represent it than from a Switzerland point of view
* BP is a total hypocrite when it comes to Phoenix Wright and Marvel vs. Capcom though, but what are you gonna do about that
It's YOUR problem!

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #21 on: April 30, 2011, 09:26:11 PM »
Captain Rainbow
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #22 on: April 30, 2011, 11:10:39 PM »
...AKA "The Hero From a Game That's Only Known Outside of Japan For Having Birdo as a Minor Character". Maybe his appearance could be included as Captain Falcon's fabulous alternate outfit, though.
YYur  waYur n beYur you Yur plusYur instYur an Yur Yur whaYur

« Reply #23 on: May 01, 2011, 01:21:25 AM »
Yeah, but after you start changing the models and effects you start to leave "costume" territory and wind up in "new character" territory.

Even if said characters are functionally exactly the same except for an aesthetic change? It'd be a good way to cut down on unnecessary characters, not to mention clones.

Anyway, behold what happens when Asperger's Syndrome and gaming collide:

http://videogamefanon.wikia.com/wiki/Super_Smash_Bros._Unleashed

I liked how Ridley was a character, Assist Trophy and boss all at once.
If my son could decimate Lego cities with his genitals, I'd be [darn] proud.

« Reply #24 on: May 01, 2011, 07:05:26 AM »
They must be confusing Ridley for Chuck Norris.

I think Toad should be the Mario character they add to this game. After Toad, you start getting into characters from the Mario series that have only appeared in spinoffs or are just slightly less deserving. Toad has been there since the series began and I am surprised he hasn't been playable yet. Sure, he's Peach's sheild, but that doesn't mean he can't be playable too. Captain Falcon's car appears in the background of the F-Zero stages, yet you can still use it in his Final Smash. And don't even get me started on the he's too generic arguement..

I like the idea of Dixie and K Rool becoming playable. Maybe K Rool could have a costume that dresses him in his Kaptain garb.
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #25 on: May 01, 2011, 07:48:22 AM »
If it's uniqueness (and distancing from Peach's moveset) people are worried about, may I suggest Toadsworth instead? Also, I'm totally down with K. Rool with a Kaptain costume, and Bowser Jr. is just fine too (although I have this nagging feeling he'd end up really annoying). Meanwhile, my only problem with Ridley is that as a recurring foe in the Metroid series, he's not had much in the way of humanization or character development. I'm not saying we need that for a fighting game, but it may be one of the reasons why he hasn't shown up yet.
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #26 on: May 01, 2011, 07:51:17 AM »
I'd really like to see Ridley but the problem is that he's just too big compared to other characters.
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #27 on: May 01, 2011, 10:30:53 AM »
I already pointed out that while I'd like to see Toad, it would be fine if they didn't add him so long as they didn't add any more Mario characters than what we have.

I also pointed out that even though Ridley could work as a playable character, being a boss makes him look more impressive both visually and mechanically.

« Reply #28 on: May 01, 2011, 04:46:59 PM »
may I suggest Toadsworth instead

NO
He has been playable zero times, and contributes nothing to the series. He could easily be replaced with the Toad (and some lines in the RPG's changed around just a hair, since Toad isn't that old) but.. that's a rant for another time. Also, I don't hate Toadsworth..

Toad would be an awesome playable character, and is the last deserving Mario character whether people like it or not. Bowser Jr would be a good representative for the Koopa family (besides good old dad, of course) but I feel he's too.. new. I know that sounds completely ignorant since characters from Pokemon and Fire Emblem got in, but I feel that Toad should the next playable Mario character before anybody else.

Moving on: Bowser Jr would actually be neat, if they made him similar to Sheik/Zelda or Pokemon Trainer, as far as having a transromation move anyway. I could see him being a smaller clone of both Bowser and Mario if he had a move where he transforms into Shadow Mario.
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

« Reply #29 on: May 01, 2011, 06:30:30 PM »
If they added Bowser Jr., I would want instead of alt colors, he would have skins of the other Koopalings, because it would annoy people who hate Jr. and want them back.
"We are just an advanced breed of monkeys on a minor planet of a very average star. But we can understand the Universe. That makes us something very special." Stephen Hawking

Print