Print

Author Topic: RollerCoaster Tycoon again  (Read 6602 times)

« on: December 10, 2009, 12:39:39 PM »
Every once in a great while, my game will open in a window instead of opening and adjusting to the monitor's display (like it  usually does). When I try to change the settings in-game (Run in 480x860, etc..) it won't even adjust to that size and go back to what it thinks is the default size, the play in  a window size.

Anybody know how to fix this?
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

CrossEyed7

• i can make this whatever i want; you're not my dad
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2009, 02:30:09 PM »
No, though I might mention that I personally greatly prefer running it in a window.
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2009, 02:51:58 PM »
Why is that?

i kinda liked it running full screen, without the task bar at the bottom and the.. buttons at the top. It was easier to see too..
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

CrossEyed7

« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2009, 02:54:44 PM »
When it's a window, it's always the right resolution, you can make it whatever size you want, and you can watch MST3K or write papers at the same time.
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2009, 05:04:23 PM »
Shouldn't you just be able to Alt+Enter it?
That was a joke.

« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2009, 09:40:10 PM »
Well, that would be handy, but since all I do is play the game when I play..

Alt+Enter seemed to have no affect on the window.

When I maximize the window, more of the game area shows, but the game itself doesn't resize with the window (does that make sense?) That would work great if the window weren't so small to begin with (thus making the game small as well..)

Here are a couple of pictures.

This is the default window that opens with the game. (The one that opens every once in a great while..)

This is what it looks like when I maximize (with the game size remaining size as the default window, seen above)
« Last Edit: December 10, 2009, 09:50:31 PM by Toad »

Trainman

• Bob-Omg
« Reply #6 on: December 17, 2009, 11:01:28 PM »
I apologize in advance for this off-topic reply, but your wallpaper was a Mario Party blast from the past.

Luigi's face is really chubby.
Formerly quite reasonable.

« Reply #7 on: December 18, 2009, 01:48:20 AM »
That's ok. Here's a full picture of it to derail the thread further. :)

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #8 on: December 18, 2009, 08:25:45 AM »
As long as we're derailing, someone might as well get a picture of an exploding rollercoaster here.
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

« Reply #9 on: December 18, 2009, 04:14:08 PM »
Fun fact: If you place a character on an elevated patch of land, lower the land so they begin to drop and then quickly raise it again beneath their feet, they'll fall through the ground and into a bottomless abyss.
YYur  waYur n beYur you Yur plusYur instYur an Yur Yur whaYur

CrossEyed7

« Reply #10 on: December 18, 2009, 05:15:55 PM »
And I'm pretty sure that doesn't affect your park rating at all, unlike drowning people or crashing roller coasters.

Print